Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Michael_Goldman said:
At what time exactly do the reports update every day? thanks

~MG

usually around 12:30 to 1pm ET

•••
sirengirl said:
Unless, the person is making hundreds on a three word hypenated .info, assume that most of us especially on NP, are honest folk who are in this for the long haul.

Right, and these were mostly the people that were banned from the program, atleast 90%+ of them.

As I have said. If you have been terminated wrongfully, just send me your account email to [email protected] and I will look it over again.

•••
eg.domains said:
I don't agree with you.

Let's say gfyq.com was heavily spammed or recently developed as a forum and now gfyq.com recieve 100 UV / 10 clicks per day for keyword "games , download , or any adult keyword" . on the other hand you also parked usacomputerstores.org which recieve type-in traffic (never been developed) 5 UV / 2 clicks per day for keyword "usa computer stores"

Which one do you think Ad Provider would like ?? the one that generate 300 unrelated clicks per month or the one with the pure type-in traffic ?

I don't believe the Ad Provider would base their decision on the above criterias. From my reading the threads, they are determining whether or not a domain has good traffic dependent on whether or not the traffic is converting.

As for me and for others, I wouldn't know whether usacomputerstores.org or gyfg.com would be better traffic. What we do as domain parkers is to analyze where we think our traffic wants to go. For somehting like usacomuptestores, i would point the traffic to something that is computer related... for something like gyfg.com, i would try to analyze the traffic from the backlinks. It's a trial and error, but the only analytics we have of whether or not the traffic is converting is by how many clicks we get from the changes we make (optimization).

What we can not know is whether or not the traffic will convert. As parkers we try our best to make sure that there is 'interest' when a visitor clicks on an ad, what we don't know is whether or not that traffic will convert on the advertisers page.

I would equate this to any other traditional medium of advertisements. If you are a television station and show television ads, the sponsors pay for you to show your ad on television. Whether or not the viewers of the ads goes out and buys the sponsor's products is up to the sponsor, not up to the television station.

In other medium's advertisers do not refund the sponsor's money because the sponsor could not convert.

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
marcello said:
Because so many are banned I thought maybe I should be prepared for it as well. My account is fine and I don't think I have any problem domain but you never know. So I thought I would register bodissucks.com, just in case I will need it but it is already taken. Oh well, I will find another one for my anti bodis site if I get banned.

That's not cool, and a thinly veiled threat. You certainly won't win any points with Matt using that approach.

Last edited:
•••
Is someone else experiencing this ?
This month my CTR is below 3% ... with only X$ per day.
I have only type-in traffic .
In september worked very good but now i only make 6-10 clicks a day.
With Parked.com worked much better,but bodis payed more for my keywords.

Its not about the landing pages because in september i had about 30-40 click a day.

I think the system is loosing clicks , a bug or something.

Well i will move in 3-5 days if the bugs are not fixed.
I like Bodis , but for what are we fighting for? The big $$$,right..

•••
I have a very unique idea.

Either stop bitchin about your visitors/clicks/revenue etc. being down or exit quickly so the door doesn't hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

If you don't have something of value to contribute shut the ... up.

My visitors/clicks/revenue are down also but I realize there are issues and am willing to stick it out for a reasonable amount of time (likely 3 months+-) and then evaluate things. Even with my revenue being down it is still better than I was having with ND, Parked and I gave up on Sedo long ago.

Since no one parking program will be likely to perform well for all names I will likely be moving some out and others in as time passes. While I am a bit concerned it is still far from panic time yet.

BTW, I don't know traffic origins I have a couple .co.in doing well.

•••
Seems like a lot of negative feedback in this thread :td:

It seems I've been one of the fortunate ones on Bodis. My account always works, I've being paid well for my 3 domains (which I received basically nothing over at NameDrive), and I am soon to BE paid via PayPal. Keep up the good work (I know it's very hard) but I'm sure it will pay off. :tu:

Thanks again :)

•••
GILSAN said:
C'mon dcmike77, you have a few curious minds waiting for your answer.

GIL

Hey guys, although I love my gamble.us, I only receive about 5 uniques a month! Ha! Admittedly, most of my earning come from .com typos and trademarks (I have about 70 parked at bodis now), but they generate my income so I can afford to buy great .com generics.

I'm not a big player by any means, but thanks for the kind comments for those that think I'm making good money (naturally, I think it stinks :) ).

For the newbies, I can offer only one tip: You pay for what you get. Stop wasting your time and money buying poor quality names. You're on NamePros because you're smart and you KNOW domain names. Use that and go take a loan out from the bank and buy 1 or 2 really great .com domains. Big names are easy to flip and buyers come to you. One sale with a big name can equal 12 months of selling crap names. After your first sale you can buy those great traffic names and start building your empire. Just don't be afraid to carry a little debt. Domains are 'wayyyy under-priced' as Frank S. keeps saying and I totally agree.

Now go grasshoppers...

-Mike

Last edited:
•••
•••
hm...something went wrong, i got the same traffic and clicks that usually get only my revenue dropped 3 times down.

For example i used to get around $7 for 30+ clicks for the last month almost every day and for 22nd i got $2 for the same domain and the same clicks

•••
No that is not true. No valid clicks are taken out and pocketed by myself or the company.

We were obligated to eliminate fraud accounts. We eliminated them without payment before payments were sent out.

But, we also were forced to stricten our anti-fraud. That's why the number of clicks and revenue is lower. Now we are the level we want to be, but are blocking valid clicks along with many fraud clicks. Now the system is adjusting to allow the valid clicks and still keep a block on fraud clicks.

As I have mentioned, revenue will start going back up slowly on Saturday as the system adjusts. Please no more speculation.

The problem with you guys speculating, is that it usually is not true. And when it is not true it ruins the reputation of my business. That's why I come here and post less, because the more I post - the more speculation occurs.

And NO, you will not be receiving any previews of v2. When it is out, it will be out. NO MORE SPECULATION.

There will also not be any detailed hints of what will be in v2. I will not say, until the product is live. When I did this with v1, I had more problems than imagined. I learned my lesson. From now on, everything is secret, until it is announced publicly.

Last edited:
•••
They will be added in v2. New features / add-ons are all now scheduled for v2.

The only thing we are doing with v1 is maintenance and bug fixes. Other than that, everything new will be in v2.

•••
gingeman said:
Right, I now have a tax form to fill out to get my $$- I need to fax it, but can somebody list the international number, including country code, to fax it to please? Is it just 01 (212)-994-9322? or 00 01 212 994 9322? Or something else?

00 1 212 994 9322

tetrapak said:
If you are a United States customer, please complete form W-9: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

If you are an International customer, please complete form W-8BEN: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

both links take you to the w-8ben...

•••
Out of curiosity? My revenue with Bodis has been really dismal. I am concerned whether or not 100% of the revenue is given to me for my work.

When will Bodis have full disclosure into it's books? How do we know Bodis is not keeping the money and giving us crumbs?

I think if someone says that they are giving away 100% of their revenue then they must also prove it.

For the most part though, I'm looking to move away from Bodis altogether and find some other alternative. I've been playing gunea pig way too much and am getting fed up. Anyone with any good suggestions on a better parking program please let me know.

Not sure about you guys, but something fishy is going on with Bodis. For instance, how with their revenue plan are they able to expand if they don't make any money? And why are our revenues now in the toilet? These are big questions that I feel need explanation.

Doesn't anyone else feel that Bodis is somehow ripping them off?

- Bob

•••
cfguru360 said:
Sorry for not coming here for a bit.

Still working hard on increasing the revenue for everyone. It was supposed to be better by now, but we are still working on some very important things before we can do that.

Just to update everyone, revenue payments will be coming out quite soon. Hopefully we can make payments on the 15th on the dot, to everyone.

Although, it can be anywhere from 15th - 25th, please keep that in mind!

I got my payment already, but as you can see from Matt's previous post you may have to wait a few more days. "it can be anywhere from 15th - 25th, please keep that in mind!

Patience is a virtue.....

GIL

•••
MicroGuy said:
Can someone help us out here? I have the same question.

What is the official Bodis response to this question? :|
Matt's position (from my understanding of his posts) is that people are receiving 100% of the revenue collected. What is unclear (in my opinion) is whether or not the revenue is a "shared" revenue or not (like a Co-op).

Case in point: If a single person gets 10 $0.50 clicks that would be $5.00, but the ad provider (Ask.com?) charges Matt back for overall fraudulent clicks averaging $1.00 per user, does the user get $4.00? This is still 100% revenue (since it's what Matt eventually gets paid), but it doesn't exactly represent the amount a single specific person earned. Now I don't know that this is what is happening, but it seems odd to me (and apparently to others) that 100% revenue could be as low as $0.02 per click as some have reported. Basically no one knows.

Now before someone claims I'm speculating, I'm discussing alternatives to what 100% revenue might mean. ALL are possible under the TOS that Matt has. I'd also like to point out that as a busness person Matt has no need to open his book up to his customers (i.e., all of us). His obligation is to meet the "contract" that is his TOS. Unfortunately for us, since he has a private company, there is no legal requirement for him to publish his financials. As such we either trust his book keeping, get fed up and move on, or if you want to be silly, attempt a legal action. For those calling for Matt to open his books, get real. He doesn't have to, and if he's a crook (I don't think so), all he would need to do is "cook the books". How could any of us prove they were not correct. So trust or move along. Rather than treat this emotionally, treat it like a rational business decision and be done with it.

Also, another point that people seem to be speculating about is that Matt is funding huge amounts of money in this out of his own pocket since it's 100% revenue. True Matt is offering 100% of REVENUE to the domaineer. But the other costs involved are relatively small. Salary (nothing for a small business startup), expenses (web hosting, paypal fees), legal expenses (if he's smart he's at least paid a corporate lawyer to review his TOS and model), and a tax accountant (due to the mix if US and overseas customers). It's not like Matt is paying for the ads! So it's not unreasonable to think that Matt can continue to fund this as a small business in startup mode. He stands to gain quite a bit as it moves forward so it's a good investment.

•••
cfguru360 said:
I think our member base will go from around 3500 to 300 in next 2 days.
I just wanted everyone to know that I love Bodis. :xf.love:

They are the cherry on my ice cream and the sugar in my shack. I have warned the playful about their posting shenanigans and begged them to stop. Also, my 5-year-old got on my computer the other day and posted a few messages here. It was not me.... :laugh:

•••
Will YOU be one of them?

2051169323_4a8d016ac8.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Heh, I like that picture too actually. ;)

So, anyway, just an update. Tomorrow I will implement the ability to still log in if your account is disabled. Therefore, you will be able to update your payment information. Just because we are disabling all these accounts, does not mean we are not paying. We are definetely paying everyone that is disabled.

The only people we are not paying are the ones that we catch as fraud.

•••
lolbodisuo0.jpg

Lol. Couldn't help it. I really do love how ridiculous this has all turned out. :lol:

And best of luck to everyone tomorrow. :hehe:

•••
Look,

everyone who gets kicked out is going to have some sort of reaction. I can fully understand. The thing is though how many of us were parking our names with Afternic when they canceled our adult names with no notice at all?.

So even though it may not be the best way to keep your customers happy, many of us, I have noticed will still support a company that makes drastic changes.

Matt has some business sense and saving the ship is his priority now.

I hope all who are somewhat and probably deserved bitter about this see that he is making every sensible option available to not choose big or little domain owners. Saying he has a different agenda is not true as we will find in a while many small domainers will be announcing that they are still members.

He is allowing members known in Namepros to come back in with a simple email to him. So if you are known to Matt and your account has been deleted, email him and he may reinstat you. That is awesome and I hope many who have had their accounts closed take him up on that.

I am going to start looking to Bodis to improve quickly. On a lighter note, you can pretty much count on it, ( it can't get much worse).

Enjoy those you care about.

Last edited:
•••
nu-money said:
I guess this thread should be closed now. Bodis is dead.
I couldn't find the voting buttons for this poll, but I vote yes.

I vote "Closed" since it isn't a "REVOLUTION" but more of secret society now.

•••
•••
Rochemontagne said:
I just got kicked off today!
Me too. Sad to see Bodis is dying. I made only a few bucks with my domains (about 15), so I don't regret it very much.

However, I think the problem is the following: Have you ever been in the role of an advertiser? Have you run a PPC campaign on Yahoo? If yes, you probably know that the traffic you receive from parked domain names is just not quality and doesn't convert...

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back