Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
harkster said:
October 03, 2007 20 7 35% $1.21

On my forex domain.

Oct 3 - 40 visitors, 3 clicks, $ 1.20

I am really not sure what is happening here. These types of names are supposed to be making atleast 1$ per click, which I have made on other PPC's.

•••
I would like to test a name at Bodis but haven't been approved. It is a high earning one word generic. If someone wants to test and optimize in their Bodis account, I'll share the earnings with you. Please PM me (better if I know you already).

Matt, if you want to let me test in your account, that's fine too. As I told you, there's a lot of money at stake if you simply approve my account, but if you don't I'm happy to give the money to someone else.

PS: This is a name that has a 10/10 on Yahoo's Traffic Quality Index, so no junk here.

Last edited:
•••
Got a termination mail today,very painful

Just got a mail this morning that my bodis account has been terminated for receiving unacceptable traffic and/or fraudulent clicks. The funny thing is that i am not responsible for any of these because i have not clicked on my sites myself in any way neither have i asked anyone to do that.It hurts when one receives such tough emails for stuff you never did,neither did i have any outrageous revenue.It hurts,dont know if Matt could help out in anyway.

•••
From what I know of the providers, when looking at click fraud/unacceptable traffic issues, they look for unusual *patterns* of traffic.

It's possible they refuse domains based on traffic that just plain doesn't convert, but I doubt it. I think it's more the pattern thing. That's how it works with AdSense.

•••
oliks28 said:
dont know if Matt could help out in anyway.

You can email him, maybe he will reinstate your account after scrutinsing it.

•••
german2006 said:
Bob, based on snapshots from 2005 to date i think that your domain was a "Domain & Hosting Provider", selling hosting and then integrating domain names.

May be the "hosting" keyword would be great for you and advertisers :tu:

That was actually my first crack at optimizing the domain was to put in keyword 'hosting provider'. The CTR on that was really dismal. After I had it as 'hosting provider' for awhile was when I started to notice all the type-in search keywords based on pharmaceuticals. That's when I changed it and saw a jump in CTR. 1-2% is still low and it would be a real cash cow if I could get it to a 25-50% CTR. So i've been trying to experiment a little with it.

In either case, I really think about placing an online pharmacy for the site. I think in the long run a site like this deserves to be developed and thats the only way to really monetize the site rather than just parking it.

- Bob

•••
I thought warning emails would be send for those who have bad domains in their account. Many domainers are ready to remove this or that domain if they knew it causes a problem.

It is not nice that accounts are terminated without any explanation or warning.

Because so many are banned I thought maybe I should be prepared for it as well. My account is fine and I don't think I have any problem domain but you never know. So I thought I would register bodissucks.com, just in case I will need it but it is already taken. Oh well, I will find another one for my anti bodis site if I get banned.

•••
So now we're about threats? Sheesh.

•••
Income will go up again. I am estimating probably in 1 month, once we clean up all bad portfolios.
What is the causation/correlation between lower earnings per click and the 10% of "bad" traffic or domains? Or is there any? Not knowing much about how this works from the provider's end, or about your agreement with Ask, it's hard to grok.

What facilitates a lower epc?

I've been tryink to link it to too much money being paid out for bad traffic, but as you have identified the fraud, and none of that "bad" money is going to be paid out, that doesn't seem to be the reason. Does it mean Ask has lowered what they pay to Bodis and that rate is being passed on, but still at 100%? Or is it more complicated?

•••
Hi Bob, how do you check what people type into the search box when you have the page parked at bodis?

•••
marcello said:
Because so many are banned I thought maybe I should be prepared for it as well. My account is fine and I don't think I have any problem domain but you never know. So I thought I would register bodissucks.com, just in case I will need it but it is already taken. Oh well, I will find another one for my anti bodis site if I get banned.

That's not cool, and a thinly veiled threat. You certainly won't win any points with Matt using that approach.

Last edited:
•••
I think the issue goes something like this:
Matt initially convinces Ask (or whoever the feeds provider is) that his new parking site,Bodis, will have very strict antifraud and good traffic measures (i.e. the need for 2 clicks, etc.).
So, convinced, the advertisers initially pay very well for clicks. Inevitably, fraudsters from Kazakhstan,Turkey,(and the US),etc. start gaming the system. The feed provider quickly lowers payments per click, figuring Bodis is no better than the other sites at eliminating fraudsters and quasi-fraudsters.

•••
I promise that all accounts that have been removed will be re-reviewed in the next coming days and some but not all may be reinstated.

•••
marcello said:
I thought warning emails would be send for those who have bad domains in their account. Many domainers are ready to remove this or that domain if they knew it causes a problem.

It is not nice that accounts are terminated without any explanation or warning.

I'm sure Matt is shaking in his boots.

•••
PowerUp said:
Hi Bob, how do you check what people type into the search box when you have the page parked at bodis?

At this point, that functionality is not in Bodis. I had previously had the domain parked at NameDrive. That's where most of my optimization was done including the discovery of the type-in searches.

- Bob

•••
down down & down

i thought i was logged into my sedo account today :)

sorry sedo, i still love you with your convoluted admin.

as for bodis, i can't wait a month or two for improved revenue. so it's back to domainsponsor for all revenue domains. i'm still pulling for bodis though. 100% revenue would be awesome.

•••
Matt,

Looking forward (and to get off the "my account was cut" discussions), can you comment on the "soon to be released" non-BETA version? Is there a list of feature improvements? Will the 100% share stop with the release (for new members, you've said all along us Beta users are good for life)? And most of all, your best reasonable ETA for the launch? :)

•••
W8 Form: "Electronic signature will be just typing your full name, that is correct.

People under $600 revenue do NOT need to sign any tax forms, that is correct as well."

when will this be live? will this delay payments from Aug?

•••
yusoab said:
i thought i was logged into my sedo account today :)

I thought I logged into my sedo account after 23 hours of sedo downtime

•••
just after bodis kick me, i move my domain to sedo..

hope matt can still give me a chance to be his partner...

•••
Does anyone know how Bodis counts visitors? I switched some domains from DomainSponsor and some of them are showing a lot of visitors (without many clicks) compared to DS.

•••
This is very tough for people getting banned.

I am sure people like Bob are doing everything they can to be legal. I too think if a certain name is questionable an automatic ban is not warranted.

Bodis needs all the pr it can get. I have tried very hard to have names in bodis that are proper to park, but even I am wondering if I will get the boot. We surely don't need this kind of worry.

If everyone gets bumped off bodis, how can this help bodis?

I am pulling for Bodis, at the same time I feel bad for honest domainers like manicgirl, Bob and most who had no idea they have problem domains. Even Adsense gives their customers a warning or two.

•••
You can't win them all.

My suggestion to Matt: You can't win them all.

People make mistakes. Programs have bugs. For all we know, some of the problems might be caused by a bug in the Ad Provider's traffic measuring program.

Right now Matt can review every portfolio by hand. But at some point, Bodis may have hundreds of thousands, or even millions of domain name parked. At that point, Bodis needs to have an automated ways to ban and reinstate individual domain names.

Matt, we don't expect Bodis to be the best parking for every single domain name for every types of traffic. Keep up with the good work.

W

•••
goodkarmaco said:
This is very tough for people getting banned.

I am pulling for Bodis, at the same time I feel bad for honest domainers like manicgirl, Bob and most who had no idea they have problem domains. Even Adsense gives their customers a warning or two.

I second that.

Bodis needs to give warning emails before banning people. Then at least we have time to remove that domain and do anything we can to save ourself.

Since this banning issue has cropped up, I have moved half of my names back to Parked and Fab.

•••
Hello Matt,

I have sent you a PM at NamePros, please check it out.

Thanks.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back