Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
uber - I see the bodis page - have you tried deleting your temporary internet files ?

•••
Well I do have some good news:

Multiple clicks per visitor is back. :$: :)

It seems to have been a misunderstanding with me and my ad providers. Also, international advertisements are live as well and are served automatically based on the ip address of the user.

If the visitor ip is detected to reside in Spain for instance, then advertisements are served in Spanish (if there are Spanish advertisements for that keyword).

There will be an extreme tightening in security from now on. Clients that are tied to fraud/spam will be banned without warnings or second chances.

I would like to remind everyone, clicking your own ads is not allowed and you will be banned immediately from the program from this point on.

•••
Last edited:
•••
here is something that worked for me at bodis if you own typo names, whatever article you put in comments section go through it and change all the refferences to your name to the misspell you own, a couple names i did this with went to gogle front page, They havent been there in years

•••
Charley said:
What is the site about and keyword if you don't mind ? :)
BrooksideTravel,com & Travel

•••
I find this talk about keyword/name sharing strange. I don't know whether to laugh or what. I see no reason not to ask such questions. You may not get an answer but so what. In the specific instance which started this it just happens both the name and keyword were both generic. I have learned so much here, why not share a bit. I sometimes think the world is filled with nothing but paranoid folks.

There are little tricks and techniques which I ain't gonna pass on to anyone. If anyone asks about some things I may tell them to 'kiss off' with the knowledge I might ask the same questions in similar circumstances.

In a past life as an Antiques dealer my willingness to share information and teach put $$$ in my pocket. I had a large number of pickers bringing me stuff cause they knew I would 'treat them right' and share information. I still get calls from time to time. Added a great piece to my Studio Pottery collection not long ago. The guy thought he had something nice, called me; result is I added a very cool pot to my collection at wholesale price and he will for sure give me a shot at the next find. (he had been offered 50 bucks, I paid mid $XXX and we are both happy).

The old saying about 'what goes comes around' is indeed true.

BTW; if I was in Matts shoes I wouldn't be sharing my business plan either but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to read it.

Come on folks lighten just a tad.

•••
Thanks to those who chipped in a few positive comments. Having been a software developer in one of my past lives I know well how it helps to get some positive feedback when in the middle of the 'shake down cruise'.

I just got the feeling that he could use a bit of encouragement + I firmly believe what I posted.

I can't wait to see if I am right as to what I think the V2.0 might be like.

IntelBank,
We have different views on some things but it appears we are on the same train here and we have a good engineer at the controls.

Last edited:
•••
Charley said:
Thanks for the detailed response.

Out of my curiosity, is there a time schedule as to when these advertisers set these budget with bids i.e. morning/afternoon?
Wow, parking is not rocket science. JK :D
I am not sure why you like to know this, but...
I used adwords before and I didn't see any scheduled time frame.
You just login whenever you want and set budget and I assume
others are same as Google ;)

•••
Artful I just had a look at 2 of your sites, you seem to use just the text generated by Bodis which is pretty bland. Have you not considered writing a short text of your own to customize the sites a bit ?

No clicks with all those domains is not too impressive, how were the doing with your previous parking cos. ?

My clicks are not too great either, but I have had around 9 over the last few days for 15 domain names.

chit.in
designerhandbags.in
moviereleases.in
phroggers.com

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
I am open to any suggestions or ideas anyone may have.

Thanks.
Contrary to what you might think people actually do read the intro text. Especially the first line "Here you will find all necessary information for yourself about this topic." makes no sense to me. That's the first thing I change when customizing. I also change the title to the actual name, like Shops in Hollywood instead of ShopsInHollywood.com.

Also look at the use of colors for your names. For instance, I used the yellow and black colors from the yellow pages for a business directory domain.

Those are the 3 simple adjustments Bodis let you make, but I think it's important to use them, so your names look less a parked page. One of the names I spent 5 minutes on is capuchino.info that has a 13% CTR.

I also find if you haven't customized it (yet), the default page works better. In that case you need to find a good keyword with enough links and ads. Always choosing the highest paying keyword is useless if you're not getting any clicks.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
I am open to any suggestions or ideas anyone may have.

Thanks.

Perhaps it would be best if you start a new thread for optimizing your domains. I'm happy to offer some suggestions but I think the effort will go astray trying to discuss it in this giant thread.

From your average of 2.2 views per day, and from reading your domain names, I wonder about the traffic to most of them. Some of my junk domains get hit at random by spiders and bots. Probably the good ones too, but I never notice them because the ratio of good to bad is so high. Usually the same bot will hit a site 1-5 times in the same day and then leave it alone for a while. This gives the appearance of traffic, but really there are no human visitors. You may even be getting traffic from your previous parking company. I've noted a few times getting hit from a bot that looked like sedo was checking to see if I moved my domains. It usually comes around when all of a sudden the traffic I'm sending them for a specific domain drops to zero. I move my domains around quite a bit without telling sedo about it.

I'm sure some of your traffic is real and some of it aint. Thats just the nature of the beast. You need to get a realistic idea of how much of it is and where it is coming from so you can target better. I can walk you through how to tell where your traffic is coming from and how much of it is real human traffic if you want.

I'm not sure bodis was catching 100% of the baddies to begin with, so its possible some of the outrageous stats people saw at first may have been a bit inflated.

•••
packrat said:
Is anybody having this problem with Bodis today? For all my domains any link on the landing page opens up the second page of links OK, but if I click on any link on that
second page it loops right back to my landing page.

I have emailed support at Bodis about it but it would be could to know if others are
having this problem.

you are NOT supposed to click on your own sponsored links... this has been covered in earlier (page 3 or 4?)

•••
scooby47 said:
Nearly 1500 posts and over 50K views on this thread .. but I ask if you like I am whats happening ? how long are you prepared to stick it out ??
Thoughts anyone else ?

Please reply ....

Scooby

Hi-

I have moved around 40-50 domain names to Bodis, some with high and some with mediocre traffic, and the stats are all over the place. I suspect that's teh case because I think Matt and his team are tweaking the backend codes frequently?

But the bottom line is that for me, these domains making $2-3 in monthly total at Sedo, have made $41 in August at Bodis. Yes, CPC has gone down from the initial days, but it only has been few weeks So I wouldn't be too quick to judge Bodis one way or other just yet. After all, when I moved some names to ND, it took 3-4 months to stabilize traffic pattern and make $$. Collect and compare empirical data from Sedo and Bodis using Excel (or database) and make your decision few months down the road.

BTW, Because Bodis does not yet offer detail visitor info, I would make sure to capture this info from Sedo before migrating to Bodis.

Good luck!

•••
scooby47 said:
Nearly 1500 posts and over 50K views on this thread .. but I ask if you like I am whats happening ? how long are you prepared to stick it out ??
I'm about 1/2 way through my initial 1 month trial of Bodis. Preliminary results show me that some of my names that had low/no CTR on other parking programs have a good CTR on Bodis. The CPC is very good. Baring something unexpected, those domain names are going to be on Bodis from now on.
scooby47 said:
Don't get me wrong I think its a great service .. but my numbers just do not stack up at all .. names that had traffic and revenue elsewhere are seeing no showing here ??? yet names that did not do ??
Different domains respond better to different parking services. In my experience, and I have about 1,200 registered domain names, it's almost impossible for me to predict where a domain will do well & where it will do poorly.

I have moved 150 domains that were failing at another parking service to Bodis. About 1/2 of them are doing better on Bodis than they did elsewhere. 20 of those have picked up to the point where I now consider them successful parked domains. Given that they were all failures before this is pretty good.

The important things are to keep records so you know which domains are better on Bodis & move the others back whence they came and to have a little patience. I don't like to look seriously at the first week's stats after a move, too many variables. Give them a few weeks & look at the averages.

scooby47 said:
I love the customisation element of the templates ... but these do NOT perform at all ? so I am mighty confused ? vanilla templates get traffic ? whats that all about ?

My attitude is that it's weird, but if it works I'm happy to go with the flow :)

Low traffic names are never going to make much money & if this means that they are going to make some money then I can spend my time where it will do some good - optimising the higher traffic ones.

Spending a little time & configuring the template can pay off well; but don't forget if you have no traffic, it doesn't matter how nice the template is you will still get no revenue.

When you're talking parked domains don't worry about the aesthetics. Just keep your eye on CTR & CPC.

scooby47 said:
How long will you benchmark Bodis against other suppliers that you have used ? a week a month a quarter before you move everything over or quit ?

I'll never move everything over to Bodis in its current form. The user interface won't scale well: Alpha sorts on numeric fields (9 11 100 10), no direct click-through from results to domain settings, no organiser (e.g. folders), need to screenscrape to get stats into a spreadsheet. It's usable for around 100 domains, but I'd hate to manage 500 domains in it.

For my trial period I decided one month. Despite what I said above, if the first week had shown very bad results I might have cut it short but it didn't. It showed good results on about 1/2 the domains.

I've already seen results that tell me I'm going to leave about 50 to 80 of the current crop of domains there & try another 50 or 60 after them. Eventually I'll find which domain names do best on Bodis.

scooby47 said:
My best performing names elsewhere have done nothing and yes I mean nothing at B as great as it may seem ... the superb tools allow you to customise content images etc ... have yeilded no significant increment in traffic or revenue .. if anything they are 75% down

Traffic won't increase in the short term. Creating some text on the front page may get additional traffic from search engines, but this doesn't happen overnight.

scooby47 said:
Yet names that .. " I was testing " - brand new hand reg's get traffic on the vanilla lander ... get some revenue ? hows that ?

Be thankful it's an art & not yet a science or the big boys would have all those names registered,

scooby47 said:
?? so I guess thats why I develop rather than park. I would love to know why parking works and how for so many .. but .. it seems that it has to be dev every time for me .. to see any return

Developing is great & good development on the right keywords with appropriate SEO will bring the most revenue long-term. If you've got a few domains it's worthwhile. But you need to generate a lot of revenue to pay for your time.

With 1,200 domains I have a lot that bring in the $1.80 / month I've decided is my break-even point on parked domains (Reg fee + the minimal amount of time it takes to manage a domain) provided I can just set & forget.

•••
eg.domains said:
Anybody care to answer my question ?
11 hours from now the stats should be up.

•••
From what I have seen, stats update daily at 17:00-18:00 GMT. I am not sure what time zone you are in, but this is when they update in the UK.

•••
I've seen alot of comments in this thread about ranking in SERP's. I feel its only fair to remind people that this won't last. Search engine's primary job is to list sites and rank them according to value to the end user. It won't be much longer now and all the major search engines will recognise that bodis's pages are parked and you'll be back at the bottom.

You just have to realize that no matter what optimization you use, whether its adding an article or putting a keyword in a title, a parked page is still a parked page. Eventually the search engines will figure it out. I'm not trying be harsh to anyone, but I feel this myth needs to be dispelled. I'm sure once it happens there will be dozens of posts saying stuff like: "My traffic has dissapeared, is bodis messed up?"

•••
We have been temporarily not accepting applications since we are trying to fix a few things for new users.

Expect response to applications in 2-3 days.

•••
Yes the inquiry - I hope to address that at the soonest possible time.

I am happy to announce that international characters are now supported by the application. We are still working on better support for international advertisements - but you can now add text in any language to all your fields without any errors. B-)

One down, 24363523 more to go. :)

•••
sf2010 said:
Quick question about adding the HTML capability to Bodis.

I think Google recently banned MFA sites? By slowly adding some of these features like HTML edit, adsense, affiliate marketing codes, etc. on a single web page, aren't we in essence going back to the MFA model?

Don't get me wrong, more features = $$$, but I wonder if this would eventually get Bodis into trouble?

Thoughts?
I think Google's problem with MFA sites is 'duplicate content'. Most MFA generated sites.
adding some of these features like HTML edit, adsense, affiliate marketing codes, etc. is more of a mini-site model which Google doesn't have a problem with.

•••
PowerUp said:
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before, but my eyes are really too tired to read through the entire 1,500+ replies.

How do I customize templates? I know Bodis provide some custom templates, but they look boring. I know there's an option to upload our own templates. How do we create this kind of templates? Is there a tutorial?

1. Log in to your account
2. Click "Manage Domains" link, located in the left nav
3. From the list of your domains, click on the one you want to customize
4. Make sure to click on the second radio button named "Custom Landing Page"
5. Add your title, Content Title, Content Text, SKIP IMAGE UPLOAD for now, click on Toggle Search to "On", and add your keyword then click "Create Link"
7. Select various color schemes for your site
6. Create GIF or JPG image, 326 pixel wide by 171 pixel high that is less than 30 kb
7. Click "browse" the upload your image file. If you do not see a confirmation message, just re-upload the image again.

That's it! Good luck!

•••
wmbizinfo said:
Hi

I am new to bodis.com.

I got approved yesterday and I had added some of my traffic domains to give it a try.

It has been nearly 24 hours and I couldn't see any activities at all.

Well, can somebody tell me when are the statistics updated?

Is it in real time, daily, weekly or monthly?

Can somebody clarify this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Midhlaj

Stats are updated every day at about 1pm Eastern time in the USA, Here in Western Europe it's 5 hours later at 6pm and where you are from which I assume is India it will be about 11 or 12pm.

And remember that you only receive yesterday's stats Today (24 hours later)

GIL

•••
Proposed thread FAQ

Based upon the frequent and most common questions, Here's a Mini-FAQ for this thread (in no particular order). If people want to add some feel free. If there's a desire, I'll combine them into an updated posting periodically.

Q. I send in my application, but haven't received my account information email. How long does it take?
A. Matt is processing these manually now, and pauses during certain phases of his development (Bodis is still in Beta). It may take some time (even a week) to get your account.

Q. When do I get paid?
A. Bodis uses a NET 45 payment schedule from the END of the month. For example, August earnings finish on August 31st. Add 45 days and you get October 15th for payment.

Q. I want to use a custom picture on my landing page. What size does it need to be?
A. It needs to be 326 pixels wide by 171 pixels high and less than 29.2kB. Use a jpg optimizer to shrink the file size or simply change the "quality" setting in your image editing software. If you forget the pixel size, you can always just look at any customized page (for example mine at www.improvemympg.com) and right click on the picture and select properties. It will state the size.

Q. When do the stats for my site post?
A. Stats normally update once per day for data from the previous day at approximately 12:00pm-12:30pm Eastern time (GMT-5). For example, stats for Thursday will appear about Friday at 12:30pm.

Q. There are days missing on my reports. Is there a bug?
A. According to Matt, days where there were no visits (and obviously no clicks) are not listed.

Q. I'm getting many visits, but no clicks. Is this a bug?
A. The general consensus is that these visits are likely to be bots or spiders visiting your site.

Q. I think I've found a new bug or somethings wrong with my account. Where do I report it?
A. Email [email protected]

Last edited:
•••
I've used irfanView http://www.irfanview.net/ (free) to resize some of the pictures to fit the size requirement & it has worked quite well.

Last edited:
•••
packrat said:
How did you do this through Bodis? Or...am I missing somethin here :)
trlsker01 said:
Yeah Power, how did you do this?
Can you mix Html Code on the Description Text Box on Bodis???
If this can be done, then we might have a better understanding on what really is going on!
:-/
notlikeyou said:
Love to know how you did that.
This can't be done thru any parking company .. he just resolve his domain to hosting then upload his html file.

PowerUp said:
So, does anyone know whether the traffic stats at Bodis shows only human visitors or Human + bot visits? Reason I'm asking is because I bought a domain with traffic based on the screenshots of Bodis traffic and Revenue stats.

According to the screenshots, the stats average about 1,000 visitors a day.

Then I park the name at Bodis and tweek the keywords. I was surprised that there were no clicks even though more than 1,000 visitors. Then I loaded a index.html file with a Google Analytics code in it to track and learn more about my visitors. Guess what. Only 7 visitors a day!!
Don't panic .. it looks like your domain traffic coming from links which not pointing to your index page , Like: www.YourDomain.com/games/fun.html and etc .. while your stats file only monitor "index.html"

Try to contact your hosting provider to forward all your domain pages (sub domains or categories ) to your index . So you can get a better stats result.

Also, you can check your cpanel stats which will show you any landing page your visitors used.

You can PM me your domain name and i can help you figure out the traffic sources.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back