Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shammy said:
I wonder if the fraudulent click expenses are getting refunded to the merchants, and the cost of the fraud is being spread out over the entire Bodis base rather than just the specific offending domains.

Please someone tell me that can't happen???!!

Isn't this the excuse Google uses for the Nett 45? With 45 days can't they determine and notify which clicks are fraudulent before paying so only the fraudsters get cut off?

•••
Shammy said:
I wonder if the fraudulent click expenses are getting refunded to the merchants, and the cost of the fraud is being spread out over the entire Bodis base rather than just the specific offending domains.

Please someone tell me that can't happen???!!

I suspect the reality is that it can and does. My wild shot in the dark guess is that Ask groups all the clicks for a specific topic together and then pays X amount of dollars for the lot. Bodis in turn breaks that X dollars down across all the clicks in that category when paying out. Some who are still enjoying up stats are probably not in a market where the scammers are rampant.

Scenario: A scammer manages to sneak by bodis's filters and got a few hundred clicks on the same topic as a legitmate domainer. When the time comes ask only pays for the legit clicks. Bodis ends up breaking down the lower revenue across both. This is why matt is always "tuning the filters." He is working on getting bodis to the point where the traffic he counts = the traffic ask pays for.

Its easy to think "scammers are ripping off bodis or advertisers, it doesn't affect me." The grim reality is that scammers are ripping off us domainers by proxy. We as a community should be doing all we can to hinder click fraud.

•••
cfguru360 said:
CPC is lower because fraudsters were sitting on loan/finance domains. When we removed them, the CPC dropped.
I am not sure I understand what this means. If a portfolio includes loan and finance domains is the owner a fraudster?

Does this also mean that payments to domains of certain topics is not counted thus explaining the reduction that is being reported in revenue?

Last edited:
•••
sdtrader said:
I am not sure I understand what this means. If a portfolio includes loan and finance domains is the owner a fraudster?

No, And this is my guess, I think the fraudsters targeted the loan/finance names. I would guess because of the high cpc value. They probably targeted the higheset paying keywords. They could make more money that way. Even they had to know it wasnt going to last forever....

•••
Revenue should start going back up on Saturday's reports and slowly rising from there for 2 weeks until our system adjusts.

This excludes any v2 upgrades which will come in 1-2 months. Once again, that will be another revenue booster. ;)

•••
Thanks for the update Matt....was starting to get worried :hehe:

•••
If I had to "read between the lines", I'm guessing that the following occured. Note this is only a guess and not necessarily what happened...

1) Matt sets up a great parking program with 100% rev share promised to his beta testers.

2) A few come in, start reporting great income in July. Attract attention to the $$

3) scammers / fraudsters pop in. Start seeding domains with relatively high value keywords (but not too high). If they were smart and skilled, they were slow and cautious. Scam all during July and August.

4) End of August and Ask comes in asking questions. Takes awhile for Matt to sort things out. He starts trying countermeasures. Meanwhile the $$ on peoples accounts continues to accumulate.

5) Matt kills a number (10%??) of accounts for suspected fraud, some are reinstated.

6) Ask comes back at Matt with a chargeback on clicks paid in July and August. By this time Matt has already paid out July and the August (and much of Sept) earnings are recorded. Except in those cases where Matt can prove fraud, he's stuck paying out what he's logged, but Ask has already pulled back from the bulk payment. Apparently there's no way to record the fraud on a click by click basis.

7) Matt's stuck. Obliged to pay out to us (remember, separate agreements as I pointed out before) but with no funds to do it, Matt takes the COOP approach and starts deducting "valid" clicks from the pool on record. Payment for those clicks will go to cover the payments due for August (if enough) and September. So the statistical dial down impacts most of us until Matt recoups the company red ink.

8) Once we go black again, then Matt will "restore" the true number of clicks being recorded to individual domains.

Now, again this is speculation. On one hand, 100% revenue share might be interpreted as a COOP type agreement where we also "share" 100% of the losses. But from a legal standpoint, the TOS doesn't say that. If Bodis makes a bad business decision an incurs a loss, it's an expense to the company. In fact, it falls in a similar category as employee salary. So are we supposed to be making 100% of the profits? Or 100% of the revenue paid to Bodis? There's a big difference between the two and the TOS seems to say to me that it's supposed to be 100% of the revenue paid. If there's a chargeback from Ask.com (or whoever the ad provider is) then it's the responsibility of Bodis to properly manage their system. Part of that is the ~Net45 terms to allow time for audits. The other is screening applicants, monitoring activity, and otherwise looking for fraud activity. To charge the parking "customers" for a business loss is the same as us paying a salary to Matt, or paying the data center bill, etc.

So Matt, I'd clarify in your TOS what the 100% rev really means. If you don't, you open yourself up to an angry person filing a claim against you in small claims court for which your remedies would be limited. You might even consider a mandatory arbitration clause in the TOS to limit your legal exposure. Civil Court cases can last a long time even for relatively minor hings!! (DAMHIKT!)

cfguru360 said:
Revenue should start going back up on Saturday's reports and slowly rising from there for 2 weeks until our system adjusts.

This excludes any v2 upgrades which will come in 1-2 months. Once again, that will be another revenue booster. ;)
Matt, are you planning on having a sample of the v2 website up soon for comments? We could log in and see it early and perhaps provide feedback before it goes live. Perhaps a "test" account with some populated data?

•••
No that is not true. No valid clicks are taken out and pocketed by myself or the company.

We were obligated to eliminate fraud accounts. We eliminated them without payment before payments were sent out.

But, we also were forced to stricten our anti-fraud. That's why the number of clicks and revenue is lower. Now we are the level we want to be, but are blocking valid clicks along with many fraud clicks. Now the system is adjusting to allow the valid clicks and still keep a block on fraud clicks.

As I have mentioned, revenue will start going back up slowly on Saturday as the system adjusts. Please no more speculation.

The problem with you guys speculating, is that it usually is not true. And when it is not true it ruins the reputation of my business. That's why I come here and post less, because the more I post - the more speculation occurs.

And NO, you will not be receiving any previews of v2. When it is out, it will be out. NO MORE SPECULATION.

There will also not be any detailed hints of what will be in v2. I will not say, until the product is live. When I did this with v1, I had more problems than imagined. I learned my lesson. From now on, everything is secret, until it is announced publicly.

Last edited:
•••
it is the most famous that are sought , discussed and speculated....

U have nothing to fear either for your business or for your reputation..the stats speak Mate

•••
evilopinions said:
it is the most famous and sought that are discussed and speculated....

Yup. The king of all media, Howard Stern. ;)

Although, there are times when this is not true.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:
CPC is lower because fraudsters were sitting on loan/finance domains. When we removed them, the CPC dropped.

We have ways to increase CPC back to what it was, but like I said, it will take another 2 or so weeks.

That explains why my legit finance domains use to generate rev!

cfguru360 said:

That sure pumped backed my lost confidence. I don't know why I kept my domains in even though sometimes It makes me feel weak and sad when rev dips. It's because of this thought and promise that keeps me on it!

cfguru360 said:
No that is not true. No valid clicks are taken out and pocketed by myself or the company.

We were obligated to eliminate fraud accounts. We eliminated them without payment before payments were sent out.

But, we also were forced to stricten our anti-fraud. That's why the number of clicks and revenue is lower. Now we are the level we want to be, but are blocking valid clicks along with many fraud clicks. Now the system is adjusting to allow the valid clicks and still keep a block on fraud clicks.

As I have mentioned, revenue will start going back up slowly on Saturday as the system adjusts. Please no more speculation.

The problem with you guys speculating, is that it usually is not true. And when it is not true it ruins the reputation of my business. That's why I come here and post less, because the more I post - the more speculation occurs.

And NO, you will not be receiving any previews of v2. When it is out, it will be out. NO MORE SPECULATION.

There will also not be any detailed hints of what will be in v2. I will not say, until the product is live. When I did this with v1, I had more problems than imagined. I learned my lesson. From now on, everything is secret, until it is announced publicly.

I will not say, until the product is live!

My advice brother Matt, you don't have to give out what's running behind the scene as long as its doing what its supposed to do, that is to generate income for all of us!
Can't wait for the new version engine to start revving!

Thanks for bringing up my confidence again.

Art

•••
cfguru360 said:

Good posting, Matt. Makes a lot of sense...

Last edited:
•••
I've just added a domain and the keyword is stuck on 'Pending...' I wonder why.

Matt when v2 is launched will our accounts all be updated accordingly and automatically?

•••
I admit I'm somewhat curious - if you'd known what all would be involved and what you were up against, Matt, would you still have started this project, and/or would you have done things differently? I admire no end what you're trying to do, and I believe you are on the right track, but as someone who has been following this post from start to finish, I've seen you go from hero to villain back to hero again, several times now. I know what all is going through all the domainers minds (it's all over these posts), just kinda wonder what's going through *yours*, after all this.

•••
lol netmeg, I think he was clear...

NO MORE SPECULATION

I guess that would cover everything, including his mind ;) I'm waiting for next week to see how the recovery goes.

•••
cfguru360 said:

We have a saying in Portugal that when translated to English goes something like this: "Secrecy is the soul of Business" which is true in most businesses in most societies.

I am curious to know if all the customization we did on our domains, like Colour changes, adding pictures and content and keywords, will all remain the same or will we need to change a lot of stuff all over again.

Thanks for your nice post Matt

Stats are out for the 25th!

GIL :)

Last edited:
•••
Matt,

Anna replied to me promptly and handled my problem (I have received my due payment). One key to success in customer service is not to try to be problem-free - there is no such thing, but to think so is silly. Rather it is to deal with problems quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer (and of course to set up whatever practices you can to prevent repeating them). To that point, you and Bodis have done well and are doing a great job.

All the best to you, and let me know if I can help in any way.

:)

•••
Does anyone know how long are they taking to approve/deny new accounts? I signed up about 1 week ago and haven't heard anything from them till now....

•••
•••
CoolMark said:
I've just added a domain and the keyword is stuck on 'Pending...' I wonder why.

I don't know why, it must just be a bug. It happens to me when loading mulitiple domains. When it gets stuck you may have to switch to custom generate a keyword list and the go back to auto and it will take.

I'm sure Matt has this fixed in V2...

•••
I am new here, and although I spend all my time in the chat room and not posting, I have seen a lot of people talking about Bodis. Good stuff, Bad stuff. My results have come in swings of up and down, like everyone elses. But I don't mind it. I am not worried, and if one day I don't get a single click I accept it. Why? Because there are 100 other options if you want to park your domains. Everyone here knows fully well that this is a community project. It isn't headed by a large company, with endless resources. You either put your faith in it, and wait it out... or go somewhere else. How many people in here can't stand Sedo? And that is one of the wealthiest, most staffed companies out there. And they still can't please most people. Here is a guy that put this together for the community, and everyone wants to moan and spit all over what he is doing. Get a hold of yourself, pour yourself a nice healthy glass of reality, and if you still can't help but go into a furious rage when you open your bodis account every day and you haven't made $20 the day before... re-evaluate what you are doing in this business. No one has forced anyone to do anything here, and as such there shouldn't be a single complaint in this thread. Just my .03 cents. (I took a spare penny from my bodis profits and added it to my .02 cents btw.)

•••
bradskid said:
I am new here, and although I spend all my time in the chat room and not posting, I have seen a lot of people talking about Bodis. Good stuff, Bad stuff. My results have come in swings of up and down, like everyone elses. But I don't mind it. I am not worried, and if one day I don't get a single click I accept it. Why? Because there are 100 other options if you want to park your domains. Everyone here knows fully well that this is a community project. It isn't headed by a large company, with endless resources. You either put your faith in it, and wait it out... or go somewhere else. How many people in here can't stand Sedo? And that is one of the wealthiest, most staffed companies out there. And they still can't please most people. Here is a guy that put this together for the community, and everyone wants to moan and spit all over what he is doing. Get a hold of yourself, pour yourself a nice healthy glass of reality, and if you still can't help but go into a furious rage when you open your bodis account every day and you haven't made $20 the day before... re-evaluate what you are doing in this business. No one has forced anyone to do anything here, and as such there shouldn't be a single complaint in this thread. Just my .03 cents. (I took a spare penny from my bodis profits and added it to my .02 cents btw.)

You're absolutely right bradskid, but you know that in a massive thread like this one where hundreds of domainers spit out their opinions there's bound to be a few whiners who feel frustration every time their revenue drops instead of waiting 3 weeks or a month go get a better feel of were the trend is heading. Still they are part of this comunity of domainers and without them this thread would definately be shorter and probably more boring.

If you can put in .03 cents then I'll add a penny to that

GIL :)

•••
Touché. Plus, I guess without the dissenters, more people would likely be drawn to bodis... in turn causing higher numbers of users, more awareness of what a bodis parked page looks like due to the increase in number of bodis parked pages, and then lower CTR because the general internet community catches on. :)

•••
Stats are our early today....

Average click is slowly improving every day.....

•••
r72gs said:
Stats are our early today....

Average click is slowly improving every day.....

still a long long way to go though to be back to where it was....revenue still 500% below normal for me

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back