Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now, who is richy444 using Matt's avatar :yell:

Last edited:
•••
How is Bodis with European traffic? Our click-through rate on some domains was 20-40% with Sedo, but is disappointing around 10-15% with Bodis.

Would have directed enquiry at support, but no response to the last three emails.

•••
CTR is down as well as revenue (no surprise :) I assume they are directly related), but I am sticking with Bodis for now. Things were great 2 weeks ago, though... so I expect this just to be a little bump in the road. I have faith.

•••
my only money making domain received ZERO visitors today :(

•••
I have a very unique idea.

Either stop bitchin about your visitors/clicks/revenue etc. being down or exit quickly so the door doesn't hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

If you don't have something of value to contribute shut the ... up.

My visitors/clicks/revenue are down also but I realize there are issues and am willing to stick it out for a reasonable amount of time (likely 3 months+-) and then evaluate things. Even with my revenue being down it is still better than I was having with ND, Parked and I gave up on Sedo long ago.

Since no one parking program will be likely to perform well for all names I will likely be moving some out and others in as time passes. While I am a bit concerned it is still far from panic time yet.

BTW, I don't know traffic origins I have a couple .co.in doing well.

•••
Error in stats for 5th October

There's something wrong for the detailed stats for the 5th.

There's two lines for that day, with one of them showing zero clicks & hence zero revenue.

Here's an example from one of my domains

Code:
October 01, 2007  	25  	 12  	 48%  	 $5.51
October 02, 2007 	24 	10 	42% 	$4.19
October 03, 2007 	35 	13 	37% 	$6.40
October 04, 2007 	32 	17 	53% 	$6.05
October 05, 2007 	19 	7 	37% 	$2.18
October 05, 2007 	19 	0 	0% 	$0.00

I guess this is a hang-over from the error that was fixed before, but shouldn't the original erroneous zero line have been removed rather than simply adding in a new one?

•••
godolphin said:
Now, who is richy444 using Matt's avatar :yell:

Yeah, now that IS funny! :lol:

•••
My visitors line has lots of "0's" yesterday and that's never happened before, until the trouble started. But, the ones that had visitors had clicks. I know my traffic is not bad, and I too am willing to ride it out since it's still in Beta. I still find it hard to believe the domains had 0 visitors though but I put it down to things being worked out.
IMO, it will be worth the wait.

Andrea

•••
chenzen said:
my only money making domain received ZERO visitors today :(

After reading this I went & checked my Bodis stats, aside from noticing the duplicated line on the 5th (see above) they don't look much different from normal. All my traffic domains seem to have received visits and revenue within the normal fluctuations that they get. CTR seems normal.

Unless you usually get a very low number of visitors, in which case this may just be a bad day, this suggests that something has gone wrong with your domain. Have you changed it recently? Are the namesevers for it still resolving & pointing it at Bodis? If it isn't anything like this, then it may be that your traffic source has changed & you are no longer getting traffic from that source.

Do you know the source for your traffic? If it's type-in traffic then that probably hasn't changed, but if you were relying on stale links they may have just gone, or Google may have dropped your site off the first page of results.

Finally it may be a problem at Bodis. This could be either deliberate or a fault. If your traffic is from one of the sources (e.g. Japan) that Bodis no longer supports, then you are out of luck & I would suggest changing to a different parking service. If it's a problem try reporting it to Matt, but remember to list the domain name you are talking about so he has some clue what to investigate.

Equally if you can't resolve the problem in a day or so, I'd move it elsewhere. To state the obvious, a little money is better than none at all.

•••
harkster said:
I have a very unique idea.

Either stop bitchin about your visitors/clicks/revenue etc. being down or exit quickly so the door doesn't hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

If you don't have something of value to contribute shut the ... up.

My visitors/clicks/revenue are down also but I realize there are issues and am willing to stick it out for a reasonable amount of time (likely 3 months+-) and then evaluate things. Even with my revenue being down it is still better than I was having with ND, Parked and I gave up on Sedo long ago.

Since no one parking program will be likely to perform well for all names I will likely be moving some out and others in as time passes. While I am a bit concerned it is still far from panic time yet.

BTW, I don't know traffic origins I have a couple .co.in doing well.

Harkster you're my hero

•••
I wish I had such a grand idea such as Bodis a couple years ago at 20! :)
(...was busy with other things ;))
Anyway, if Bodis does succeed, it will be VERY inspirational, though...we already have new members coming up with new and REVOLUTIONARY ideas for Domain Parking and Monetization! :tu:
Gotta Love it! B-)

•••
Whatever glitches including being temorarily booted off, Bodis and Matt's efforts make me want to stick it out. No one company is good for all names, even as Harkster pointed out I will also be moving names, some in and others out. Not all names perform well with one service. There are always fluctuations, even with type-ins and back links that go awry. If Bodis dosent count traffic from Japan and you know you have a name with significant traffic there, move it out. I'm not sure why but as I have moved names around I tend to look for the right fit, and when I do the name stays. I don't always look at CTR, or daily stats, but rather weekly or monthly. Right now I have my 4 or 5 that do consistantly well on Bodis but have done terrible in the other 5-6 companies I have tried.

This is beta, so.... patience is key. I'm thankful for any progress however small. :xf.love:

•••
Lygeia,

Good to see you got everything straightened out. :tu:

btw, is Randy's The Baked Potato still open in Stuido City?

Used to be a great lil Jazz club back in the day.

Cy

•••
We will try to revert as many possible accounts at night. So a few people that were banned, please hang in there. There are a few that I decided weren't as bad as it looked.

That will come this night.

Tax forms will be available tomorrow.

•••
Thats strange...all my revenue from yesterday has appeared as $0.00 despite showing revenue yesterday after the update? Is anyone else finding this?

example domain

bodiserror.jpg

Last edited:
•••
My rev. from yesterday shows up, and it's up from what it had been so it looks like things are on their way to returning to normal.

Andrea

•••
strange, when i filter by range for this example domain (i.e. just to show the 5th's stats) i get this

bodiserror2.jpg

•••
•••
I hope this isn't the result of "bad" traffic domains :td: Otherwise, seems like my whole portfolio has "bad" traffic!?!

•••
Real time stats

One thing I would LOVE for Bodis to add is REAL-TIME STATS! :tu:

•••
The double entry on 05 of this month means two records in the database. It should be ignored. Things will get back to normal, but it takes time to adjust the beast.

•••
kev said:
Thats strange...all my revenue from yesterday has appeared as $0.00 despite showing revenue yesterday after the update? Is anyone else finding this?

example domain

bodiserror.jpg

There was a malfunction is yesterdays initial report.

Thats the 0 stats

That was fixed so the 2nd set of stats for the 5th is the actual stats for that day

Hope that makes sense

•••
aaah....i see :tu: *relieved* lol

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Lygeia,

Good to see you got everything straightened out. :tu:

btw, is Randy's The Baked Potato still open in Stuido City?

Used to be a great lil Jazz club back in the day.

Cy

Hey Cyberian...never been but yes it's still open! If your ever in the neighborhood give me a ring and I would love to check it out!

:xf.love:

•••
why is bodis going down everyday? It is getting worse & worse. I try some domains there and it gets from +-$40 to $12.

Matt, can you please explain why does it going down significantly, so that people will understand and willing to wait for it to be back normal.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back