Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
zurcsdomains said:
When should we be expecting our Direct Deposit (ACH) Payments?

Wondering the same thing here.

•••
still have not received my paypal payment and Support told me it would be in last night?

•••
cfguru360 said:
Sorry for not coming here for a bit.

Still working hard on increasing the revenue for everyone. It was supposed to be better by now, but we are still working on some very important things before we can do that.

Just to update everyone, revenue payments will be coming out quite soon. Hopefully we can make payments on the 15th on the dot, to everyone.

Although, it can be anywhere from 15th - 25th, please keep that in mind!

I got my payment already, but as you can see from Matt's previous post you may have to wait a few more days. "it can be anywhere from 15th - 25th, please keep that in mind!

Patience is a virtue.....

GIL

•••
from 15th - 25th

ok First I have seen that time line for payment. Will not bug them until the 25th...

•••
Matt communicated early on he was using his money to fund Bodis during start-up. Absent further factual information from Matt, anything else is pure speculation.

•••
goatish said:
Matt communicated early on he was using his money to fund Bodis during start-up. Absent further factual information from Matt, anything else is pure speculation.

Goatish,

I have serious doubts that anyone is just using their money like Matt is saying he is. Anyone with any business sense knows that this is a load of crock.

Not only are there many things Bodis has not anticipated, but where does Bodis get the money to deal with the stuff they did not anticipate?

If anyone believes that Bodis has reserved 2 years of capital to fund this and are just pouring money over money into this for free, then first I would highly doubt Bodis' business intelligience or I would start seriously doubting Bodis' honesty.

Both ways, Bodis has really some explaining to do.

- Bob

•••
There has been some serious speculation towards Matt - bad business practices, dishonesty, using PPC money to fund company negatives, in trouble with Ask.com, and many more.

As this dissent grows, Matt REALLY needs to give the people that stuck with him all this time, a DETAILED explanation of what is happening to their money - not just a 'hold tight and things will improve' statement. It is way past that - this is the last step before people start demanding (maybe even legally) an accounting to find out just where the 100% is coming from - 100% of what exactly?

I hope Bodis is successful because I like the look of the pages and customization. However, if V2 doesn't have some html capability and click/keyword statistics there will be a mass defection, but more importantly is the current issue of low income per click.

Matt, you started this thread. Please answer these legitimate questions, and not scold people for being 'speculative'. That is what happens when people don't get answers to questions, especially when there is money involved.

•••
I think being accusatory negates the process and is a sign of bad faith on us (the domainers) end. I agree that monies have dwindled and I have been frustrated by the rev drop and have questioned why it is? I suspect there are things beyond Matt’s control, especially as they relate to Ask. But seriously the amount of pressure on Matt’s side must be huge.

I do think that numbers have gone down across the board (I park with 5 others so I noticed a 50% drop overall) We all have a choice, we can elect to remain with Bodis, or temporarily switch names back to other Co's in the interim. As someone had said earlier, no one is forcing us to stay. I look at the big picture overall, parking will always have its limitations and inconsistencies. Maybe development is the way to go on certain names. But bashing Matt, and accusing him of fraud is pure speculation, and libelous.

•••
We are not forced to stay, but we want what we deserve, and 0,02 clicks are not, Matt has said that this was not going to happend, he annuncied an increment, here we have another +50% decrement in PPC.

We are supporting Matt as he appears to be supporting us, this is not beeing a deal, because here arent communication.

I hope this situation will change :tu:

•••
He's got you on lock down, gives you what you want to hear so you don't leave and crosses his fingers...

Btw, when am I getting my money?

-zurc

german2006 said:
We are not forced to stay, but we want what we deserve, and 0,02 clicks are not, Matt has said that this was not going to happend, he annuncied an increment, here we have another +50% decrement in PPC.

We are supporting Matt as he appears to be supporting us, this is not beeing a deal, because here arent communication.

I hope this situation will change :tu:

•••
This situation we are all in just cements the argument for complete transparency in domain parking.

As domainers we know something is fundamentally wrong with the partnership we have with all the parking providers out there. Every single one of them are simalar to a magic show. When we ask how they "do it", we get terms like hocus pocus.

We will continue to waste our energies parking names as we have no idea what the real facts are.

In my opinion this hopeful parking partnership will waken us domainers to unite to have every single parking company show us the stats as they occur. No mumble jungle, no terms that have no meaning, no comments like "even we don't know how much you earn".

Domainers will get the screw from every partnership they have until we as a partner enjoy the contract that all partners in business deserve. That is, we will know the stats, because they will be transparent.

In the very beginning we should have known problems would arise, after all like many have stated in this thread, what is 100% payout? The only way to know for sure is to see what lands on Matts desk from the upstream provider.

This is not Matts fault, it is our fault and the previous domain leaders fault for not insisting on having complete transparency stats in place years ago.

We simply trust the parking providers and the upstream providers and that is why we are getting problems with pitiful ppc revenue.

Are you ready to fight for your future?

•••
I'm with you on that one goodkarmaco. It's time that us domainers stand up. These domains are our property. Why are we giving people our money while we make pennies using our very own property. It just doesn't make sense.

Also, I'll say it. I'm being hard on Matt because he deserves to be hard on right now. Let's say it as it is. As a parking program, we are partners with Bodis in the revenue generating process. However, we have not received any communication whatsoever in regards to what exactly is going on right now.

How can you trust any partner that doesn't disclose the numbers and dances around the question?

I definately have plans on moving my domains to a different site, but what about all the revenue in the past 2 months? Have we been scammed for that? I can only imagine that these revenue collectively would be in the xxx,xxx's. Without full disclosure on what's going on... who's to say that Bodis is not lining their pockets as an exit plan and that Matt in way over his head and wants to get back some of the money hes invested by giving us pennies and holding onto the rest?

How do we know anything if we are kept in the dark while not only our revenue but our precious time is being drained?

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
This is not Matts fault, it is our fault and the previous domain leaders fault for not insisting on having complete transparency stats in place years ago.

We simply trust the parking providers and the upstream providers and that is why we are getting problems with pitiful ppc revenue.

Are you ready to fight for your future?

Where is the "Domain King" Rick Schwartz when you need him most!

http://www.domainking.com/
Domain King's thoughts on domains, traffic, closing more sales and just plain old business and marketing 101

gorilla_bob said:
I'm with you on that one goodkarmaco. It's time that us domainers stand up. These domains are our property. Why are we giving people our money while we make pennies using our very own property. It just doesn't make sense.

Also, I'll say it. I'm being hard on Matt because he deserves to be hard on right now. Let's say it as it is. As a parking program, we are partners with Bodis in the revenue generating process. However, we have not received any communication whatsoever in regards to what exactly is going on right now.

How can you trust any partner that doesn't disclose the numbers and dances around the question?

I definately have plans on moving my domains to a different site, but what about all the revenue in the past 2 months? Have we been scammed for that? I can only imagine that these revenue collectively would be in the xxx,xxx's. Without full disclosure on what's going on... who's to say that Bodis is not lining their pockets as an exit plan and that Matt in way over his head and wants to get back some of the money hes invested by giving us pennies and holding onto the rest?

How do we know anything if we are kept in the dark while not only our revenue but our precious time is being drained?

- Bob

I just surely hope that we did not get on into a bait and catch situation!
(Surely we've been fed big anchovies at the start!)
Meaning, we've been used as "Jiggers" hanging on the thread line and been used to catch the big one! Any fishers out there should know what I am talking about.

Matt!! Share some wealth...Christmas is just around the corner!!! V2??? Surely no one want's to wait for next year for the money. LOL

Last edited:
•••
I too would like some feedback re what's going on. The scammers have been booted, their revenue withheld, so why is the rev. as low as it is now? I've worked hard on my custom pages, and have spent a lot of time on my Bodis account, and would just like to know why it's bottomed out for apparently most of us. The .02 clicks??? I still have faith in Bodis, but an update re what's going on now and what to expect would be appreciated.

Andrea

•••
This is a business for alot of people and they have a right to know what is going on. This isnt a hobby for alot of people. For some this is there job and for some there main income.I dont see anyone bashing Matt, just people asking for explanations. I also agree that everyone has the right to park anywhere and if you dont like Bodis you have the right to leave.

I think alot of the issues have to do in the severe drop in PPC from August to now. I see people posting that they had 50 cent and more (above a dollar ) PPC in August but now they are getting 2 cents a click on the same names 2 months later. Something like that probally should be explained to everyone.If it dropped to say 20 cents a click then you ride it out but the drop has been severe.

I would comare this to a job. Lets say you take a job at $20 an hour and suddenly you started getting paid $2 an hour. You would want to know what was going on and no matter how much faith you had in the company and respected the managment you would be worried and trying to find a new position elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
Ok...I think it's time to ask this question. This would be a good time for Bodis to confirm or deny the growing speculation.

Dear Matt:

Are you still paying out 100% revenue on clicks?

Sincerely,
Greg.

•••
I hate it when I can't add a keyword and I keep getting this stupid message:

Parameter 3 of function Mid which is now -11412 must be a non-negative integer

Why don't they just say what they mean?

•••
Level the playing field

What can we do to change the fundamental way parking is today?.

I know this is Bodis thread and I don't want to discuss in detail all the options as we should be talking about Bodis here, but at the least we should all be thinking about this issue.

The thing is like you say Bob, we have no clue if Matt is cheating the hell out of us, or if he is taking cash out of his own pocket to fund our pay per clicks, trying to save his company. At the same time we can say the same thing for every other parking service out there.

How dumb or trusting are domainers?

Maybe we are not so dumb, but we are so desperate to find a good parking company that we will jump at the newest one on the block in hopes we will get our just returns.

I will lay a bet that most of us will do the same thing if a new company promised us a high return. I will bet a new company would get us to jump very high if they even promised 70% of earnings.

In other words we will not really solve the problem we are in today by moving to a new parking company. The only way, and I repeat myself, the only way to not get the screw is by somehow forcing parking companies to be a real partner. A real partner will allow full access to the income stats.

I would like to propose this idea to Bodis. When Bodis announced a new parking program by offering 100% of parking revenue many of us joined. As a parking partner with Bodis can we view the stats from Ask, the upsream provider? I am sure this is a reasonable request. We are in a partnership with you. Others who have joined and are not in the 100% payout promised are not in the same partnership as we are with you.

If we never get to the truth we will never realize our domain revenue potential. It is not just domainers who will benefit from transparent parking. The parking company that is the most transparent and which pays out the highest percentage will become the biggest and may very well level the playing field.

•••
MicroGuy said:
Ok...I think it's time to ask this question. This would be a good time for Bodis to confirm or deny the growing speculation.

Dear Matt:

Are you still paying out 100% revenue on clicks?

Sincerely,
Greg.

good question, if they are, then theres a hell of a lot of very cheap advertising around not available to most of us

•••
Bob

I asked this a few days back and was curious

Your remark on businesses using there own money is crock.

Well, everyday people start businesses with there money. I did this myself.

I know Matt is young, has ambition and drive. What were you doing at his age bob??

Hey we all know Matt made some mishapes. Fine, its beta. We know Matt sold a lot of high profile names. What makes you think he is full of things

What's full of things is this! A lot of dishonest namepro members here that took Matt for a wild ride and took advantage of clicks and 100 percent payout. Sure he opened the door to everyone and that was probably a mistake but before you start a 20 something founder in self funding things, it happens everyday.

Why raise capital when you don't need to? I am not saying he may have a credit line but I did some research on the kid early on and he sold some nice names at huge amounts of money.

Do the math bob.

I agree Matt doses have some explanation to do

Like click fraud filter?

The relationship with ask?

Other big challenges

However

How about we put the other 50 percent of blame on a lot dishonest people clicking and wrecking things for all of us. Ever thought this one? Was just curious.

Look I am not that happy on my 2 months. I don't have much at bodis. I hedge my bets. Like every domainer should.

I don't know all the answers and Matt needs to clear things up here.

My take is this. Let the kid work, let's see the new program even if it is delayed in jan. Who knows.

Matt you need to do some damage control here and post. I posted earlier don't post that much here and just concentrate on the things that need to be done.

Well maybe this is the time he does need to jump on here. Explain things.

This thread surly has a lot of tension involved. I get worked up reading on things at times

Sorry folks but these are just my 2 cents worth. For the record I am not calling every name pros member a fraud but the fact is a huge amount of names did come through here. A lot of good people here and on name pros.

•••
Jeffoeverman,

you may be right that 50% of the downturn in revenue is from click fraud.

But you may be wrong too and there is no click fraud, ( or a minimal amount).

That is the problem with parking companies, none of them allow domainers to see the stats.

•••
CoolMark said:
Parameter 3 of function Mid which is now -11412 must be a non-negative integer
Why don't they just say what they mean?

It means 'there are no keywords or ads associated with the word you entered, try another one'.

goodkarmaco said:
you may be right that 50% of the downturn in revenue is from click fraud.

???
I thought fraudsters were not paid.
Lots of account terminations.
Which means Ask and their advertisers didn't loose too much.
How then do you qualify a downturn in cpc rate?

goodkarmaco said:
But you may be wrong too and there is no click fraud, ( or a minimal amount).

Right now there shouldn't be any...unless I'm missing something.

Why then is there a downtrend on CPC value. And downtrend is a polite way of saying it. 75c clicks are now getting 2c.

Sirengirl: Has the downturn been 50% on Bodis? I'm seeing a 90% drop. I understand that revenues are down everywhere but nowhere as much as bodis.

I'll let the figures speak for them - (from 22July - 16Nov) -
bodis-revenue.jpg

And do note, domains increased from 400 to 700 in the same period.

goodkarmaco said:
That is the problem with parking companies, none of them allow domainers to see the stats.

Parked does, every 15 minutes.

Time to develop boys and girls, even whypark seems like an acceptable alternative now.

I'm totally for Bodis, it actually showed me what my portfolio should be making. But now that the lion has tasted blood he's very unlikely to eat grass...so unless Matt comes up with a convincing answer sometime soon, we'll redirect all our traffic to our own developed sites. Even adsense pays more than 2c/click, rather monetize it that way.

•••
A bad sign?

Matt's frequency of posting here has fallen off a cliff. A bad sign? I sure hope not, but I don't like the way it looks. After all, didn't he start this thread?

He frequently answered questions here until things got tough. hmmm

•••
mwzd said: Sirengirl: Has the downturn been 50% on Bodis? I'm seeing a 90% drop. I understand that revenues are down everywhere but nowhere as much as bodis.

Across the board rev is down on average 50%, I did have a couple of good days on NameDrive, but overall it's quite dismal. My visits have stayed about the same, they just arent converting, but most dramatic is the CPC, especially on Bodis, I'm also getting the .2 clicks. I'm down more than 75% from the other months. Honestly I think Matt's trying to say above ground, I'm sure hes overwhelmed, though I suspect his relationship with ASK is rather precarious.

It's a sorry state if in fact we are getting 100% of .2. I don't think Matt is doing anything shady, but I agree he should let us know what's going on.
Since he may have made the mistake of telling us rev would go up, when in fact it's done the opposite, it's likely he dosent want to say something that probably won't happen.

As much as I would like full disclosure, I don't think that's going to happen here or anywhere else. Unless of course you start your own parking company just like Matt did when he got frustrated with Parking Companies and started Bodis. Quite frankly I wouldnt want to be in his shoes, and as most of us are angry, also have to contend with our frustrations. I agree it's his responsibilty to make announcements or an appearance....and Matt hopefully you will soon. It would be appreciated!

As it was aptly noted...development is our best option. Parking is never a guarantee. While developing may offer the most rewards.

•••
"As it was aptly noted...development is our best option. Parking is never a guarantee. While developing may offer the most rewards."

Of course people pak because can t possibly develop hundreds domain.. that s why people mostly park... I have developed 4 domains i own (three minisites and 1 full developed site that is the strongest earner) and takes time to keep that 4 going.. can you imagine people with 7-800 domains developing it (also if you are the most skilled developer forget about it...). This is the reason why we share revenue: to make life easier... (please check even sex.com is parked...).
:$: :$: :$:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back