Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
onewordonly

Did i directly name you.NO!

Did i attack you personally.NO!

The definition of whinge:To complain irritably; to whine.

The fact that the same things have been asked for so many times it's not funny is irritating.Especially since Matt has said numerous times that he i working on these issues (url forwarding,payment,stats etc.etc.).

i'm not saying that these are not important.They quite obviously are but they have been done to death.

I've been reading this thread since it started and no,i don't know everything but i do know that i've seen the same questions quite a few times.All with the same response from Matt.He's working on it.

I thought that forums were actually for opinions.I posted mine.If you took it personally,that's your problem not mine.

To anyone else that was offended.I apologise.

•••
some more stats:
i have an expired domain that used to have sim2 community forum and mods before t got expired.
I usually got $2.5 per day on Streamic,
the last 2 days is parked with bodis and i got $3 the 1st day and $15 the next one.

As you can tell i m very pleased with this change ;)

•••
NP41215 said:
Bodis would be the leader for content right now by virtue of its 100% payout and the capacity to allow custom content.

If Bodis would add feature like html code for the content, it would be extremely powerful, and it would be unrivaled. (e.g. TrafficZ allows html code for content, but payout and PPC rates are both low).

Ability to use html code in content would be a great and important feature to have.

Precisely... please Bodis, this is pretty much all we are waiting for, when you get a chance obviously.

I mean just take a look at MySpace. It's the html customisation ability which has made it successful and inspired millions. Go on Matt, fancy the Parking equivalent of MySpace? We are rock solid with you so far and if you don't do it then somebody else will. :)

•••
xxfirefly,

I like your comments, thanks for being here!

•••
thank you gk.

appreciated.

•••
Quick question about adding the HTML capability to Bodis.

I think Google recently banned MFA sites? By slowly adding some of these features like HTML edit, adsense, affiliate marketing codes, etc. on a single web page, aren't we in essence going back to the MFA model?

Don't get me wrong, more features = $$$, but I wonder if this would eventually get Bodis into trouble?

Thoughts?

sirengirl said:
While I'm still looking for the magic domain that brings in vast riches, I was curious despite an overall low 3% CTR :td: Out of 35 names parked (most are stagnant despite cutomization), two are holding steady. One of my .info's names I would have let drop if it were not for the high CTR. Curious how many domains everyone is parking? Especially when:

"32,314 other sites hosted on this server." That's alot of domains!

I've moved over around 40 or 50 names to test.

I would have moved over more (600+) but 300+ are with 1&1 and we know how sucky they are at "bulk" (read, there is NO bulk change feature) DNS changes. Once I move them out of 1&1 to another registrar, I will move them to Bodis.

Last edited:
•••
I think Bodis is doing great as far as parked pages are concerned. Granted that revenue is down over the last week or so, but I don't see that as a problem, primarily because its still being worked on. Once the no ads issue is sorted, so would revenue.

If we add ads/affiliate links/html, won't this be hosting with parking thrown in? If you really need that you should ideally develop the site.

Content on the other hand, even a paragraph on the second page, might assist ctr.

•••
mwzd said:
I think Bodis is doing great as far as parked pages are concerned. Granted that revenue is down over the last week or so, but I don't see that as a problem, primarily because its still being worked on. Once the no ads issue is sorted, so would revenue.

If we add ads/affiliate links/html, won't this be hosting with parking thrown in? If you really need that you should ideally develop the site.

Content on the other hand, even a paragraph on the second page, might assist ctr.

I agree with you.
:)

•••
sf2010 said:
Quick question about adding the HTML capability to Bodis.

I think Google recently banned MFA sites? By slowly adding some of these features like HTML edit, adsense, affiliate marketing codes, etc. on a single web page, aren't we in essence going back to the MFA model?

Don't get me wrong, more features = $$$, but I wonder if this would eventually get Bodis into trouble?

Thoughts?
I think Google's problem with MFA sites is 'duplicate content'. Most MFA generated sites.
adding some of these features like HTML edit, adsense, affiliate marketing codes, etc. is more of a mini-site model which Google doesn't have a problem with.

•••
Looks interesting, I registered and waiting for decision but I've heard you've got only few advertisers for Polish content. I own mostly .pl domains - is bodis good place for them?

•••
Anyone trying Adult names w/Bodis? How's the rpc?

•••
jhansen said:
Anyone trying Adult names w/Bodis? How's the rpc?
Not allowed at the moment.

•••
a few observations from todays stats, my infos all got views and clicks, my higher paying keywords just dropped health insurance names went for 1.00 a click to .40-.50

•••
:'( for clicks..... Only 4 domains had clicks today? Is this issue fixed Matt? I don't know if I need to change something or what. My clicks have gone way down with todays stats being the worst since I started using Bodis.

I am just trying to understand the 95% swing to the bad. Any help would be great. I have domains that normally make me $8-$10 a day, and today I made $1.69 for All the domains I have parked at Bodis?

•••
I was having a bad week since last week, but things are definitely improving these few days.

and today is my best day as I got a 1.60 click.

•••
Amazing how things differ from person to person. I had 4 days without clicks and today I got a personal record of 7 clicks. Peanuts for a lot of domainers but very excitting for me.

GIL

•••
Just got approved, thanks!

•••
Clicks across the board pay less now (at least the last 2 days versus previously), for my selection of names there. from 30-33 cents per click on average to 24-27 cents per click on average...in addition to the few higher pay per clicks dropping also.

•••
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before, but my eyes are really too tired to read through the entire 1,500+ replies.

How do I customize templates? I know Bodis provide some custom templates, but they look boring. I know there's an option to upload our own templates. How do we create this kind of templates? Is there a tutorial?

•••
PowerUp said:
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before, but my eyes are really too tired to read through the entire 1,500+ replies.

How do I customize templates? I know Bodis provide some custom templates, but they look boring. I know there's an option to upload our own templates. How do we create this kind of templates? Is there a tutorial?

1. Log in to your account
2. Click "Manage Domains" link, located in the left nav
3. From the list of your domains, click on the one you want to customize
4. Make sure to click on the second radio button named "Custom Landing Page"
5. Add your title, Content Title, Content Text, SKIP IMAGE UPLOAD for now, click on Toggle Search to "On", and add your keyword then click "Create Link"
7. Select various color schemes for your site
6. Create GIF or JPG image, 326 pixel wide by 171 pixel high that is less than 30 kb
7. Click "browse" the upload your image file. If you do not see a confirmation message, just re-upload the image again.

That's it! Good luck!

•••
•••
Some Observations and a Request

Hi Matt,

Keep up all the great work you are doing. We really appreciate it! :hearts:

Here are some observations on my experience thus far:

I added 16 domains as soon as you went live (July) and customized them all. Then about a couple of weeks later I optimized their customizations. Then, on August 14th I added 15 more domains and intentionally left them at default to compare performance.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, things started off pretty good in July with visits and clicks, then I ran into a 12-day drought with no clicks on any of the 31 domains. Things seem to have improved in the last couple of days.

However, although I have a similar amount of average visits per day on the 15 un-customized domains compared to the 16 customized, they have YET to have a single click since they were added on 8/14. I'll give it a bit more time, but I really think CUSTOMIZED is the way to go.

Also, I have noticed that, of all the 31 domains (BOTH customized and un-customized), only 2 un-customized domains are NOT listed in Google (that's pretty good). Only 5 of the customized domains are NOT listed in Yahoo (not bad). But, ABSOLUTELY NONE of the 31 domains are listed in MSN (VERY BAD).

REQUEST:
---------
Is there something you can do in your system to prompt the listing of the domains in MSN?

I know - you can add that to the list of the other million thing to do, but it would help us all out, and improve the stature of Bodis. :hehe:

•••
Domains in Foreign Language

Has anyone has success with foreign language domains? I have a webmaster site that gets good traffic, but I am getting a low CTR at another company. I think customization would help, but I would need to add the terms in French, as the traffic is french.

Will Bodis allow French Keywords? Or, Should I add the keywords in English and they get translated when viewed in another language?

•••
I received an abnormally high number of clicks yesterday. I am not complaining, but these numbers are bordering on "Too Good To Be True".

Did anyone else have an out of the ordinary day?

avp

•••
Same happened with me, not abnormally but much higher than normal. Lets hope tomorrow will be like yesterday!

GIL

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back