Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sf2010 said:
what prevents copycats to mimic his layout and copy his keywords? would'nt that potentially lower what hark makes on his site?

i'm all for sharing generic industry and keywords, but not any specific domain names and their keywords, especially if you have a golden egg on my hand. i guess i am too selfish...

We never said what the domain name would be, just the keyword. I can see absolutely no reason why sharing a keyword would harm the original user - it would make absolutely no difference to the future revenue of the keyword. All it does is encourages others to share their keywords and thus helps you pick better keywords for your other domains.

•••
Charley said:
What is the site about and keyword if you don't mind ? :)
BrooksideTravel,com & Travel

•••
Keyword Question

I just loaded my test site for Bodis and I am not having good luck with keywords and related ad options.

How exectly should the keywords be entered to produce related ads? Are they limited to 1 word or phrases?

All of you experienced Bodis parkers ... can you help share your goal in selecting keywords? Is it as many ads as possible whethere related to your site or not? Or more tightly tied to the main theme of your site?

I too am looking for clicks and $$'s, but I am just looking for some direction based on your experience and success in $$.

Cheers

•••
What's the hold up with stats today? You usually have them available by noon and it's now 1:15pm (and I wish they were updated more than once a day).

•••
We appologize for the delay.

The stats have been delayed - we our waiting for our ad provider to update the stats. Please hang in there. :)

We are working on a system where we can have stats updated per the hour. Expect this system to be live in 1-2 months. B-)

•••
How often stats are updated doesn't matter as after seeing how much revenue you make I'm shure it's WELL WORTH the wait! ;)
Keep up the FANTASTIC Effort BODIS.COM! :)

•••
I really enjoy Bodis! My ppc earnings are at least 100% higher!

Found just a little bug there... Nothing big but when you click on tabs Visitors, Clicks etc. in Domain Report, thay are not showing properly. Ex : 10,108,2,23...

Hope you will accept Adult domains in a near futur ;)

•••
I'd like to report my experiance at Bodis.com. Registration went smooth, learning and parking in the system was a snap! The payouts are more lucrative than most. I don't know anything about the service though, as I've never needed customer service yet. Judging how Bodis management is on top of everything here, I am sure the service is excellent too! I highly reccomend Bodis.com to everybody. I park or have parked at virtually all the parking sites on the net and bodis.com is #1... IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Bodis,com is NOT secure website

NOTE:

Bodis,com "my account" control panel (PAYMENT/account/manage domains etc) is NOT secure.

Does not have a SSL certificate.

?!?!?

•••
gooster said:
I can see absolutely no reason why sharing a keyword would harm the original user - it would make absolutely no difference to the future revenue of the keyword.

Because of the way the ad system works sharing a good keyword is a bad thing. All advertisers work on a limited budget. At $10 per click, the money doesn't buy many clicks. If an advertiser can only afford to buy 1000 clicks this month, The first thousand people who get their ad clicked on get the big $$. Once the advertisers budget runs out, instead of showing their ads, some other advertisers lower paying ads will display. By sharing the keyword you are sharing your cut of the 1000 clicks.

As an example, I have a domain that gets 1 or 2 clicks per day and has a good paying highly relavant keyword. However the keyword is pretty rare that an advertiser will actually bid on it. So most days I get .05-.15 per click from other low paying lower relevance ads. Once or twice a month I get a few clicks that are $1-$2. (on sedo) Then its back to the low paying ads.

----

If people are really so despirate to click on their own ads, perhaps matt can make up a portal site to allow them to preview their domains. Something like www.bodis.com/testportal/domainname.tld that would show the site exactly as it will appear and function, but will automatically flag any advertiser clicks to not report. Not that its really a big deal to me, as I've never felt the need to click one of my own ads. Just thought I'd suggest that as a possible solution for those who do.

Last edited:
•••
Just curious

If you have your names at Bodis, can you keep them for sale at Sedo or Afternic. I dont but still curious . Not saying parked at the other , just for sale (Or do they need to be parked at Sedo and Afternic to be on sale?)

•••
SDX said:
How often stats are updated doesn't matter as after seeing how much revenue you make I'm shure it's WELL WORTH the wait! ;)
Keep up the FANTASTIC Effort BODIS.COM! :)

learning and parking in the system was a snap!

I agree with this.

and I prefer bodis to remain this way, Simple, fast and easy to use.

The more stuff you add on, the server has to work harder, and the whole system will be slow. Just like Sedo and ND now... they have tons of reporting features, but takes ages to load .

•••
comicbookguy said:
Just curious

If you have your names at Bodis, can you keep them for sale at Sedo or Afternic. I dont but still curious . Not saying parked at the other , just for sale (Or do they need to be parked at Sedo and Afternic to be on sale?)
No and No.

•••
I find this talk about keyword/name sharing strange. I don't know whether to laugh or what. I see no reason not to ask such questions. You may not get an answer but so what. In the specific instance which started this it just happens both the name and keyword were both generic. I have learned so much here, why not share a bit. I sometimes think the world is filled with nothing but paranoid folks.

There are little tricks and techniques which I ain't gonna pass on to anyone. If anyone asks about some things I may tell them to 'kiss off' with the knowledge I might ask the same questions in similar circumstances.

In a past life as an Antiques dealer my willingness to share information and teach put $$$ in my pocket. I had a large number of pickers bringing me stuff cause they knew I would 'treat them right' and share information. I still get calls from time to time. Added a great piece to my Studio Pottery collection not long ago. The guy thought he had something nice, called me; result is I added a very cool pot to my collection at wholesale price and he will for sure give me a shot at the next find. (he had been offered 50 bucks, I paid mid $XXX and we are both happy).

The old saying about 'what goes comes around' is indeed true.

BTW; if I was in Matts shoes I wouldn't be sharing my business plan either but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to read it.

Come on folks lighten just a tad.

•••
I am a really big fan of Bodis and I have parked almost all my sites on Bodis.

There are of course a few things that could be improved, but hey that is always the case. Would like to get hourly stats for instance.

One thing I really like is that I am able to pick my own keywords, thus ads, and how I can blend different keywords, ads.

I usually choose keywords similar to the domain name I am parking, but with Bodis I can now add a few high pay keywords as well.

So when having a site about, lets say, gardening. Most of the ads will be gardening related. But I can have one or two ads show, lets say, mortgage or home loan ads. Clicks that usually will pay a lot more than gardening ones.

Cheers

•••
comicbookguy said:
Just curious

You can sell names at sedo and park them elsewhere I do.

•••
cfguru360 said:

The stats have been delayed - we our waiting for our ad provider to update the stats. Please hang in there. :)

We are working on a system where we can have stats updated per the hour. Expect this system to be live in 1-2 months. B-)
B-) Cool Matt!
With rev like this, I can wait a day :)

•••
I have just tweaked two small things.

1) The disclaimer/footer has been permanently removed.

2) The title description no longer says "The source for all your information and news". Now a title is generated with random keywords from the left navigation.

These two small tweaks will keep search engines from ever considering parked domains with Bodis having duplicate content. It may also increase the CTR just a tiny but here and there.

•••
Devil_Dog said:
No and No.

Thanks Dog.

Is or will there be a way for people (Buyers) to search domains for sale like you can on other sites. Was wondering as as seller and a buyer. Or is Bodis going to be a parking only place.

•••
cfguru360 said:

I am looking forward to seeing stats update once per hour. I really believe that that's one more thing that'll get people to easily join. I love the program so far. I'm getting more views than I used to with other parking companies.

The page customization is great and I even asked my mom "does this look like a legit website? Would you click on a link if you came across something like this?" She said yes and yes. It's good to confirm with the average internet user about how they feel when they see the site.

My only wish now for Bodis is that it starts allowing adult sites. Is there any reason why they aren't allowed? I'm guessing just since you want to get the program off the ground and everything.

Keep up the amazing work Matt! :)

•••
cfguru360 said:

2) The title description no longer says "The source for all your information and news". Now a title is generated with random keywords from the left navigation.

These two small tweaks will keep search engines from ever considering parked domains with Bodis having duplicate content. It may also increase the CTR just a tiny but here and there.

Very nice Matt although I would have prefered the footer to be at least double the height. Looks a bit thin for my taste.

The random generated Title description will have to force us to swap keywords around (in some cases) in order to make a correct sounding short sentence.

Once again great work Matt.

GIL

•••
•••
MNADomains said:
I just loaded my test site for Bodis and I am not having good luck with keywords and related ad options.

How exectly should the keywords be entered to produce related ads? Are they limited to 1 word or phrases?

All of you experienced Bodis parkers ... can you help share your goal in selecting keywords? Is it as many ads as possible whethere related to your site or not? Or more tightly tied to the main theme of your site?

I too am looking for clicks and $$'s, but I am just looking for some direction based on your experience and success in $$.

Cheers
Well, you can do some easy keyword tests by plugging into the custom landing page left navigation section and using the Create Links button. That will let you see what types of links will be generated. Then save that to a word processor (or notepad) and keep trying other keywords. From that you can get a custom set of links for the navigator that best fit your site.

As for $$ value for each of the link sets, I'll defer to others to share some feedback on their less "secret" keywords. Perhaps some relative rankings of value?

Possible bug report:

When entering custom content text for the site, if you use a single quote, for example "Matt's service is great", the single quote get's replaced with a graphic character (in IE). For now I just pulled all the single quotes, but it makes it look like a small grammer issue instead :)

It would be nice if some limited formatting were allowed (at least bold and italics). We're also not allowed to have any links, right? I was thinking of including a link or two in one of my domains as it made the most sense, but didn't want to try it if it was just text.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:

Looks great. Keep up the great work! :tu:

•••
Getting quite a few visitors on a name that didn't get much before, but no clicks. Anybody mind looking it over to see if I'm missing something here?
WholesaleDistributor.us

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back