Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ArtfulWebSites said:
HOOOORAY!! I finally got 2 clicks on one of my 31 domains on 8/22 after 12 consecutive days of visits without a single click on ANY of the 31.

Only an average of $.29/click. But I guess that's better than $.00 :hehe:

Finally good Congrat. and good luck i hope they will keep coming :hehe:

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
HOOOORAY!! I finally got 2 clicks on one of my 31 domains on 8/22 after 12 consecutive days of visits without a single click on ANY of the 31.

Only an average of $.29/click. But I guess that's better than $.00 :hehe:

My clicks are similarly low. I've had 3 clicks in about a month from 12 domains, average around 35c per click. I hope things pick up soon!

•••
I am guessing another 7 days for the first payment, cos July 15 was the start date and Net 45 is September 1.

•••
Just keep adding names everyone, tweaking them and adding more. Bodis will continue to get better. Having the site owner to ask questions will be a big plus for improvements.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I moved first 5 domains to Bodis today.

Customized two of them so far and i would like to hear your comments .. really appreciated.

Jamica.net
HostoPlanet.com

•••
eg.domains said:

Customized two of them so far and i would like to hear your comments .. really appreciated.

Jamica.net
HostoPlanet.com

Both your landing pages look really good! However,I notice when I click on a link on the left to go to the second page and then click a link on the second
page that I'm sent back to the landig page. I've been having the same
issue with my own parked domains.

Have you tried the links yourself to see what happens??

•••
packrat said:
Both your landing pages look really good! However,I notice when I click on a link on the left to go to the second page and then click a link on the second

No i havn't .. i don't think you should click on links on your domains , but this is interesting.

Anybody had this problem before ?

•••
eg.domains said:
No i havn't .. i don't think you should click on links on your domains , but this is interesting.

Anybody had this problem before ?

I would never click on my pages to falsify traffic! I just tested a few
since there is no other way to see what the second page links might be
or whether the links are actually working. It would be really good to know if other people have this problem.

I was thinking perhaps that since I'm using the same IP that I used to
create my account that there might be some mechanism in place to
block account owners. That would be tough for Bodis to do though.

I've emailed Bodis about it and am just waiting to hear back. Whether
there's a problem or not I'll post the answer here.

•••
packrat said:
I would never click on my pages to falsify traffic! I just tested a few
since there is no other way to see what the second page links might be
or whether the links are actually working. It would be really good to know if other people have this problem.

I've emailed Bodis about it and am just waiting to hear back. Whether
there's a problem or not I'll post the answer here.

Err...so basically you have been clicking the sponsored links? i.e. you have been gaining false revenue?!

•••
packrat said:
that's exactly what they are doing, Matt said it some pages back.

•••
There are many things I like about bodis. What I really don't like is that there is NO commulative stats per DAY. It shows total for the month and then stats for each domain, but no total earning per DAY lik eall other parking places shows. I like to see thye total for each day of the month. why not add this basic feature?

•••
shoval said:
There are many things I like about bodis. What I really don't like is that there is NO commulative stats per DAY. It shows total for the month and then stats for each domain, but no total earning per DAY lik eall other parking places shows. I like to see thye total for each day of the month. why not add this basic feature?

go to domain report and set the "start date" and "end date" as you wish

•••
eg.domains said:

Jamica.net
HostoPlanet.com

Both look great with nice colours. I have some that I'd like peaple's opinions:

HostDomainGuide.com
nuringtones.com
voiptvinfo.com

Regards GIL

•••
Since the past several days my daily parking average was $4.20
But since the last few days the daily parking average is $1>$1.25
The domains remain the same.

I hope there is no bug in parking income reporting :'(

•••
godolphin said:
Since the past several days my daily parking average was $4.20
But since the last few days the daily parking average is $1>$1.25
The domains remain the same.

I hope there is no bug in parking income reporting :'(

yup, this week has been a bad parking revenue week for most people.

Hope things pick up again next week.

•••
domainsdepot said:
that's exactly what they are doing, Matt said it some pages back.

Great! Thanks for that information. There are so many long threads at different forums on Bodis that I didn't have time to go through them all.

•••
Here's one to ponder ?? !!!!

Nearly 1500 posts and over 50K views on this thread .. but I ask if you like I am whats happening ? how long are you prepared to stick it out ??

Don't get me wrong I think its a great service .. but my numbers just do not stack up at all .. names that had traffic and revenue elsewhere are seeing no showing here ??? yet names that did not do ??

I love the customisation element of the templates ... but these do NOT perform at all ? so I am mighty confused ? vanilla templates get traffic ? whats that all about ?

How long will you benchmark Bodis against other suppliers that you have used ? a week a month a quarter before you move everything over or quit ?

My best performing names elsewhere have done nothing and yes I mean nothing at B as great as it may seem ... the superb tools allow you to customise content images etc ... have yeilded no significant increment in traffic or revenue .. if anything they are 75% down

Yet names that .. " I was testing " - brand new hand reg's get traffic on the vanilla lander ... get some revenue ? hows that ?

?? so I guess thats why I develop rather than park. I would love to know why parking works and how for so many .. but .. it seems that it has to be dev every time for me .. to see any return

Bodis you still rock and your service is great just - it would not seem for me and my names ( just the v v few I have added ) :(

Thoughts anyone else ?

Please reply ....

Scooby

Last edited:
•••
Once again - YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CLICK ON YOUR ON OWN ADS. This is CLICK FRAUD. This is in violation of all parking companies TOS.

•••
scooby47 said:
Nearly 1500 posts and over 50K views on this thread .. but I ask if you like I am whats happening ? how long are you prepared to stick it out ??
Thoughts anyone else ?

Please reply ....

Scooby

Hi-

I have moved around 40-50 domain names to Bodis, some with high and some with mediocre traffic, and the stats are all over the place. I suspect that's teh case because I think Matt and his team are tweaking the backend codes frequently?

But the bottom line is that for me, these domains making $2-3 in monthly total at Sedo, have made $41 in August at Bodis. Yes, CPC has gone down from the initial days, but it only has been few weeks So I wouldn't be too quick to judge Bodis one way or other just yet. After all, when I moved some names to ND, it took 3-4 months to stabilize traffic pattern and make $$. Collect and compare empirical data from Sedo and Bodis using Excel (or database) and make your decision few months down the road.

BTW, Because Bodis does not yet offer detail visitor info, I would make sure to capture this info from Sedo before migrating to Bodis.

Good luck!

•••
scooby47 said:

Don't get me wrong I think its a great service .. but my numbers just do not stack up at all .. names that had traffic and revenue elsewhere are seeing no showing here ??? yet names that did not do ??

I love the customisation element of the templates ... but these do NOT perform at all ? so I am mighty confused ? vanilla templates get traffic ? whats that all about ?

How long will you benchmark Bodis against other suppliers that you have used ? a week a month a quarter before you move everything over or quit ?

My best performing names elsewhere have done nothing and yes I mean nothing at B as great as it may seem ... the superb tools allow you to customise content images etc ... have yeilded no significant increment in traffic or revenue .. if anything they are 75% down

Yet names that .. " I was testing " - brand new hand reg's get traffic on the vanilla lander ... get some revenue ? hows that ?

?? so I guess thats why I develop rather than park. I would love to know why parking works and how for so many .. but .. it seems that it has to be dev every time for me .. to see any return

Bodis you still rock and your service is great just - it would not seem for me and my names ( just the v v few I have added ) :(

Thoughts anyone else ?

Please reply ....

Scooby

I guess I will tell my point of view, I couldnt build a website if my life depended on it so i reg names that will get traffic as is, I usually hit 20 percent of the time (names with traffic) while some only get 1 or 2 visitors a week thats whats nice about bodis is with the customization feature seo placement on those low traffic names is getting better.

•••
My clicks are bringing in around 40 cnts on average - on other sites e.g. parkingpanel the average is 7 cents ! So they are taking over 75% .

•••
I bet those of you who don't see the actual ads after the 1st click have NORTON installed. Certain years of NORTON antivirus/firewall software are blocking the ads, and I have reported it to Matt. A lot of people use NORTON, so it is a rather big issue.

•••
scrsteven said:
I bet those of you who don't see the actual ads after the 1st click have NORTON installed. Certain years of NORTON antivirus/firewall software are blocking the ads, and I have reported it to Matt. A lot of people use NORTON, so it is a rather big issue.

That's very interesting. Do you think it would also apply to other antivirus like Panda or McAfee? I'm using Panda.

GIL

•••
scooby47 said:
I'm about 1/2 way through my initial 1 month trial of Bodis. Preliminary results show me that some of my names that had low/no CTR on other parking programs have a good CTR on Bodis. The CPC is very good. Baring something unexpected, those domain names are going to be on Bodis from now on.
scooby47 said:
Different domains respond better to different parking services. In my experience, and I have about 1,200 registered domain names, it's almost impossible for me to predict where a domain will do well & where it will do poorly.

I have moved 150 domains that were failing at another parking service to Bodis. About 1/2 of them are doing better on Bodis than they did elsewhere. 20 of those have picked up to the point where I now consider them successful parked domains. Given that they were all failures before this is pretty good.

The important things are to keep records so you know which domains are better on Bodis & move the others back whence they came and to have a little patience. I don't like to look seriously at the first week's stats after a move, too many variables. Give them a few weeks & look at the averages.

scooby47 said:

My attitude is that it's weird, but if it works I'm happy to go with the flow :)

Low traffic names are never going to make much money & if this means that they are going to make some money then I can spend my time where it will do some good - optimising the higher traffic ones.

Spending a little time & configuring the template can pay off well; but don't forget if you have no traffic, it doesn't matter how nice the template is you will still get no revenue.

When you're talking parked domains don't worry about the aesthetics. Just keep your eye on CTR & CPC.

scooby47 said:

I'll never move everything over to Bodis in its current form. The user interface won't scale well: Alpha sorts on numeric fields (9 11 100 10), no direct click-through from results to domain settings, no organiser (e.g. folders), need to screenscrape to get stats into a spreadsheet. It's usable for around 100 domains, but I'd hate to manage 500 domains in it.

For my trial period I decided one month. Despite what I said above, if the first week had shown very bad results I might have cut it short but it didn't. It showed good results on about 1/2 the domains.

I've already seen results that tell me I'm going to leave about 50 to 80 of the current crop of domains there & try another 50 or 60 after them. Eventually I'll find which domain names do best on Bodis.

scooby47 said:

Traffic won't increase in the short term. Creating some text on the front page may get additional traffic from search engines, but this doesn't happen overnight.

scooby47 said:

Be thankful it's an art & not yet a science or the big boys would have all those names registered,

scooby47 said:

Developing is great & good development on the right keywords with appropriate SEO will bring the most revenue long-term. If you've got a few domains it's worthwhile. But you need to generate a lot of revenue to pay for your time.

With 1,200 domains I have a lot that bring in the $1.80 / month I've decided is my break-even point on parked domains (Reg fee + the minimal amount of time it takes to manage a domain) provided I can just set & forget.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back