Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
and5rey said:
I asked Matt the same question via PM and the answer is yes, you will be getting 100% revenue share of all your domains, even if you add them to your portfolio in 2008. Just sign up for a Bodis account in 2007. :)

Cheers for your help.

•••
The average ppc on Bodis its about 0.25 on all kind of domains.
I'm curious about this because I've tested the same domain in various parking companies and the average its only about 0.07.
Isn't that strange?

•••
Callmoney said:
I'm curious about this because I've tested the same domain in various parking companies and the average its only about 0.07.
Isn't that strange?

my short test showed me .25 to .97 at bodis, some of my domains do best at sedo, namedrive, parked, fabulous, domain sponsor, bodis etc... you gotta test them everywhere and split them up for maximum revenue, I wish I could just dump them all at 1 place and see the highest revenue but some places pay more for certain topics as they run different feeds google, yahoo, ask, etc... and they receive different shares and share different percentages as well, parking is not easy and takes time to figure out how to split them up for maximum revenue, I do like what I have seen so far on the few I tested at bodis so I am pretty sure a good handful will end up parked there.

Last edited:
•••
Callmoney said:
Isn't that strange?

:rolleyes: Now, this would be a good gauge to see how much Cherry-Pickin the other PPC providers do on us domain parkers.
(That formula would be .25 as 100%, .07 as a fractional percentage of the 100% .25 :wave:

•••
Is anyone making more with Bodis vs. sedo ?? please let me know of your experience

thanks

•••
food_consult said:
Is anyone making more with Bodis vs. sedo ?? please let me know of your experience

thanks
Read the thread and you'll know. (Hint: look at the previous page)

Last edited:
•••
food_consult said:
Considerably more - more per click and more clicks.
Gave up on Sedo about a year ago 'cause I got tired of waiting months for a check.
Averaging $0.32 per click with bodis on the domains that I've been testing with, was lucky to get $0.05 per click from Sedo. More significant is the # of visitors and the ctr (avg. about 24%)

•••
Okay, well it is worth a shot... my revenue at Sedo has been doing down for the past 4 months... Blah!!!

I get about Uniques 11,208 40(clicks) $3.37 for www.Parts.la ((20 days)):td: :td:

(used to be that much a day) :'(

Last edited:
•••
food_consult said:

I am making more here because of the multiple clicks only and not PPC. For PPC, Sedo was the best for me but you know no multiple clicks.

•••
Amm i will add all my domains to Bodis. but there is problem that i can receive payment via paypal because Kuwait cant receive payment only send :(

•••
I've done better with Bodis than other parking sites and am moving all my domains there (slowly but surely!). The customization and the indexing of the sites is great, and I'm happy with the parking payout.

Andrea

•••
I'm not one of the ones who is that happy, I have 1000 visits for 5 miserable clicks (4 of those were multi at same time) and no one has bothered to offer any advice or help. I will just develop them as soon as possible.

•••
onewordonly said:
I'm not one of the ones who is that happy, I have 1000 visits for 5 miserable clicks (4 of those were multi at same time) and no one has bothered to offer any advice or help. I will just develop them as soon as possible.

I have had a similar experience. I had an amazing first 3 days and now I am receiving awful revenue. As a result, I have moved my domains back to Fabulous.com and will await the arrival of iModo.

•••
gooster said:
I have had a similar experience. I had an amazing first 3 days and now I am receiving awful revenue. As a result, I have moved my domains back to Fabulous.com and will await the arrival of iModo.

It happened with me too. I had received kind of revenue on first two days.

This month more than 19 days revenue is less than first two days revenue

Matt, I'm little confused, why this situation happening?

•••
Not having the same situation, thankfully.

I'm at 9711 visits, 743 clicks, 8% ctr for the month as of close of business the 19th.
Revenue is way up than other parking services I have tried.

Perhaps it is the domains you all are using?

•••
Devil_Dog said:
I'm at 9711 visits, 743 clicks, 8% ctr for the month as of close of business the 19th.

Sweet, am a shade lower than 1%, but about double the traffic and a fourth of the clicks, must be doing something wrong.

Devil_Dog said:
Perhaps it is the domains you all are using?

Probably ;)

Devil_Dog said:
Revenue is way up than other parking services I have tried.

Spot on, most people will agree.

•••
My experience is a little different at bodis than most. For years with just about every parking cmpany my mon-thurs traffic and income is usually about 2 to 3 times the weekend payouts. but for some reason my income is bout the same every day of the week despite increased traffic on mon-thur. Overall my income is the same as fabulous but with the custimization of pages I am getting better seo placement. so i will stick it out, 90 percent usa traffic and 5 percent europe so after source of traffic is weeded out i should see a jump in per click payment. Plus they are working on getting more feeds so if in its infancy i make the same as elswhere I would think the only way for me to go is up.

•••
Continued NO CLICKS!!

Well, I must continue to report NO CLICKS - now for 10 consecutive days (August 10-20) for my 31 domains at Bodis, as first reported in my post #1276: http://www.namepros.com/2141224-post1276.html and followed up in post #1288: http://www.namepros.com/2143497-post1288.html .

I am not complaining, mind you. Just reporting the facts for others to compare and report their experiences. I still think Bodis is a great concept and huge improvement over other regular parking services. I just wish they had at least the option of one-click ads on the landing page.

Also, I wouldn't mind some help and suggestions to rectify this situation.

Here is the background on the domains:

I added the first 15 domains to Bodis early on in July when it first went live. I customized these domains, including multiple keywords results to the maximum of 15. The last 16 domains were added on August 14th, and as an experiment, I left them un-customized.

Using the Bodis July figures, my first 15 domains had 1,023 visits and 4 clicks, so have averaged 68.2 visitors per month per domain, or 2.2 visitors per day. Fairly comparable to your average.

Using the August stats (8/10-8/20), my first 15 domains had 481 visits and 4 clicks, or an average of 1.6 visits per day per domain. The last 16 domains were only in Bodis for 6 days and had a total of 92 visits and 0 clicks, or an average of 0.96 visits per day per domain.

Here are the domains:

AwesomePark.com
BasketballGreat.com
BeautyMoms.com
IMFlowers.com
NortheastPubs.com
PalmAdvisor.com
ShoppingInHollywood.com
ShoppingInTahoe.com
ShopsInAspen.com
ShopsInBreckenridge.com
ShopsInCarmel.com
ShopsInDenver.com
ShopsInEstesPark.com
ShopsInHollywood.com
ShopsInLagunaBeach.com

ShopsInLosAngeles.com
ShopsInManitouSprings.com
ShopsInNewportBeach.com
ShopsInPagosaSprings.com
ShopsInPalmSprings.com
ShopsInReno.com
ShopsInSanDiego.com
ShopsInSanFrancisco.com
ShopsInSilverton.com
ShopsInTahoe.com
ShopsInTelluride.com
ShopsInVail.com
SoutheastPubs.com
SouthwestPubs.com
SubPlaces.com
VegasPlatinum.com

I am open to any suggestions or ideas anyone may have.

Thanks.

•••
whats the application approval wait time? Submitted mine 4 days ago. Are they being selective with the approvals?

•••
The last three days have produced dismal earnings in comparison to the same three days last week. What is most disappointing is that last week I only had a portion of my domains parked with Bodis. I currently have virtually all of my domains parked at Bodis and the earnings are falling.

Sat Aug 11 - 24% higher revenue than Sat Aug 18
Sun Aug 12 - 43% higher revenue than Sun Aug 19
Mon Aug 13 - 23% higher revenue than Mon Aug 20

I really hope this trend does not continue.

avp

•••
Artful I just had a look at 2 of your sites, you seem to use just the text generated by Bodis which is pretty bland. Have you not considered writing a short text of your own to customize the sites a bit ?

No clicks with all those domains is not too impressive, how were the doing with your previous parking cos. ?

My clicks are not too great either, but I have had around 9 over the last few days for 15 domain names.

chit.in
designerhandbags.in
moviereleases.in
phroggers.com

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:

Thanks.
Contrary to what you might think people actually do read the intro text. Especially the first line "Here you will find all necessary information for yourself about this topic." makes no sense to me. That's the first thing I change when customizing. I also change the title to the actual name, like Shops in Hollywood instead of ShopsInHollywood.com.

Also look at the use of colors for your names. For instance, I used the yellow and black colors from the yellow pages for a business directory domain.

Those are the 3 simple adjustments Bodis let you make, but I think it's important to use them, so your names look less a parked page. One of the names I spent 5 minutes on is capuchino.info that has a 13% CTR.

I also find if you haven't customized it (yet), the default page works better. In that case you need to find a good keyword with enough links and ads. Always choosing the highest paying keyword is useless if you're not getting any clicks.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:

Thanks.

Perhaps it would be best if you start a new thread for optimizing your domains. I'm happy to offer some suggestions but I think the effort will go astray trying to discuss it in this giant thread.

From your average of 2.2 views per day, and from reading your domain names, I wonder about the traffic to most of them. Some of my junk domains get hit at random by spiders and bots. Probably the good ones too, but I never notice them because the ratio of good to bad is so high. Usually the same bot will hit a site 1-5 times in the same day and then leave it alone for a while. This gives the appearance of traffic, but really there are no human visitors. You may even be getting traffic from your previous parking company. I've noted a few times getting hit from a bot that looked like sedo was checking to see if I moved my domains. It usually comes around when all of a sudden the traffic I'm sending them for a specific domain drops to zero. I move my domains around quite a bit without telling sedo about it.

I'm sure some of your traffic is real and some of it aint. Thats just the nature of the beast. You need to get a realistic idea of how much of it is and where it is coming from so you can target better. I can walk you through how to tell where your traffic is coming from and how much of it is real human traffic if you want.

I'm not sure bodis was catching 100% of the baddies to begin with, so its possible some of the outrageous stats people saw at first may have been a bit inflated.

•••
Thanks Guys!

Hey you guys (advaita, kwan, and blaknite),

Thanks so much for your constructive suggestions. You guys are great. I will give you each reps as soon as I finish this post.

Yes, I had thought about changing the welcome page text to be customized, but just haven't been able to allocate the time yet. It is on my "to do" list.

I had not thought about the Title. I will try changing that on the customized sites right away.

As for the colors, I would not think that they are so important and would make much difference in visitor behavior. Plus, my domain names do not scream out any particular color scheme (like Yellow Pages does). But, I may play around with the colors when I get a chance.

Thanks again for all your feedback. It is just great when we can help each other out. :)

•••
avp said:
The last three days have produced dismal earnings in comparison to the same three days last week. What is most disappointing is that last week I only had a portion of my domains parked with Bodis. I currently have virtually all of my domains parked at Bodis and the earnings are falling.

Sat Aug 11 - 24% higher revenue than Sat Aug 18
Sun Aug 12 - 43% higher revenue than Sun Aug 19
Mon Aug 13 - 23% higher revenue than Mon Aug 20

I really hope this trend does not continue.

avp

I am having the same problem here, I used to get about a dollar a click, but now its at about 30 cents per click.

:(

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back