IT.COM

Will .xyz have any value now??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dipesh Singh

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See for example, I registered around 300 names at one cent each, total I paid only $ 3, now my this particular domain portfolio's value has increased 18 folds, as Uniregistry increased the registeration fee from one cent to 18 cents today. I am sure withing six months time, the scenerio will definitely changed favoring to .xyz tld because now there is more exposure and business start liking xyz. So after six months time, my domain will sell at least for $ 10 each. I will be netting a profit of 2997, for an investment of just $ 3.

This is really sound logic. Today I employed it in another form: I decided to buy loads of toilet paper that was on sale while it was cheap. I now have an ad for used toilet paper on Craiglist - I'm sure to net a good profit.

•••
I can't even stop and still registered 55 .xyz today for 0.18c/domain. Now the job is to convince people they need my .xyz domains... have 364 days to do that :D I got premium keywords in my language.

Last edited:
•••
12 months goes by pretty fast, and all those $.02 assets will become $10 liabilities.
its only an asset if it has real actual value, a domain has zero value until its purchased by someone who gives it value

a house with a mortgage is not an asset. so how can a silly domain with zero value be one?

•••
a house with a mortgage is not an asset. so how can a silly domain with zero value be one?

A house is an asset. A mortgage is a liability. A silly domain with zero value is nothing more than inventory and a waste of time (the most valuable asset).

•••
A house is an asset. A loan is a liability. A silly domain with zero value is nothing more than inventory and a waste of time (the most valuable asset).
wrong on the house aspect if it has a mortgage. until its sold at a profit or breakeven it then becomes your asset. the house is the banks asset if it has a mortgage. the loan /mortgage is your liability yes

•••
wrong on the house aspect if it has a mortgage. until its sold at a profit or breakeven it then becomes an asset. the house is the banks asset if it has a mortgage. the loan /mortgage is your liability yes

No.

•••
•••
In my vision its like ( yes or no )
i spend up 10$ for abou 1500 domains and im not sad, because if i sell 1 for 10$ cool i dont lost money, and about the time, i just done on my hobbie break. Some peopple register domain, free i dont accept lol but someone have value. If you care much on what peopple talk is east oportunite to make done something.

Soon i will bring my portofolio to show, some are rubish and some maybe good, as i say i dont care about it.

As long as you have good quality one word keywords or numbers you will make money, for sure.

There's no point in buying "qoauye.xyz" or "BigDomainName.xyz" even for .18 cents

•••

If a house isn't an asset, what is it on a balance sheet?
How can something possibly be an asset if you sold it? You've converted it to another asset (cash usually). It's definitely not on your balance sheet.

Don't confuse asset with equity, imho.

None of this matters. .XYZs being registered now for 0.01, we agree, are as worthless as a bald chia-pet.

•••
If a house isn't an asset, what is it on a balance sheet?
How can something possibly be an asset if you sold it? You've converted it to another asset (cash usually). It's definitely not on your balance sheet.

Don't confuse asset with equity, imho.

None of this matters. .XYZs being registered now for 0.01, we agree, are as worthless as a bald chia-pet.
exactly! worthless domains, $$$$ grab by registrar cause they know the score, get it early before the masses catch on

when I saw penny reg fees its an indicator that this biz is in major joke mode

maybe we should call it domain ASSets lol

•••
There's no point in buying "qoauye.xyz" or "BigDomainName.xyz" even for .18 cents

Well i have couple fwiej.xyz and couple keywords
as i say i dont care about 10$ for about around 1500 domains, sell olhy one for 10 will refund my invest.
also show off can bring me traffic lol

•••
•••
IMO this helps the value of short one word .xyz, LLL and NNN etc.. Some short two word, maybe but that would come later.

.XYZ is doing what they do best, promote! This sale has just begun and well over 5 million domains registered to date. Although many being parked, parked domains get picked up by Google and other search engines and end users/general public see these links and the extension .xyz.

The more exposure .xyz get's in the eye of the public, interest will follow and that's with any extension but many don't have the drive that xyz appears to have.

.XYZ has been bought and paid for unlike many other new gTLD's, promotion is the key now and I'm glad they're ramping things up.

I don't see this hurting .xyz at all. :)

•••
The difference between currencies and domain names is that every banknote represents part of the worth of an economy (country) - simply put. The more banknotes you issue, the less worth a banknote will be.

Domain names are different. They are unique. There is only one ABCD.xyz or 1234.xyz (scarcity). Issuing more domain names does not erode the value of existing domains but rather increases the worth of the entire extension (leverage). You are creating more virtual .xyz real estate and therefore increase the value of the extension as a whole.

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
The difference between currencies and domain names is that every banknote represents part of the worth of an economy (country) - simply put. The more banknotes you issue, the less worth a banknote will be.

Domain names are different. They are unique. There is only one ABCD.xyz or 1234.xyz (scarcity). Issuing more domain names does not erode the value of existing domains but rather increases the worth of the entire extension (leverage). You are creating more virtual .xyz real estate and therefore increase the value of the extension as a whole.

Thanks,
Brandon

There is some truth in there.

But if that held true as a fundamental truth of domain value then .TK names would be worth a lot IMO.

•••
i have gumballs.xyz for you...
and koolaide.xyz

•••
There is some truth in there.

But if that held true as a fundamental truth of domain value then .TK names would be worth a lot IMO.

I see your point but we must separate .tk and .xyz. .TK cctld/old, .XYZ gtld/new. .TK has been around a long time, .XYZ two years.

.XYZ, generic gtld has surpassed the exceptions of most people. Congrats to them, I'm gonna sit back and watch this one grow. :)

•••
i dont know what name i register...
some of them
pilinut.xyz
pineberry.xyz
pluot.xyz
pomato.xyz
pulasan.xyz
pummelo.xyz
peachpalm.xyz
pequi.xyz
persianlime.xyz
peumo.xyz
phalsa.xyz
physalisfruit.xyz

•••
Not being an ass here but please revisit this post of mine 5 years from now.

I strongly feel .xyz is not going to be a good TLD.

.net .org .biz were also new in those eras and yes they couldn't catch up with the .com

Country codes are totally different thingy so lets skip .in and .co.uk etc here.

But in general I don't think any other TLD is going to do what .com does.

Yes I know it is the right of every new domain name investor to beat his drum about this and that. Because they are late :( Sorry about it :( Just pay up and move on.

•••
One more thing morons.

If some self proclaimed gurus are telling you to buy it. Its okay.

Just get out of this internet world and see how things used to work in real world and how they are working now.

No one does anything for free.

They are just getting paid to promote and sell shit to you.

Many people won't like my comment as they don't want to come out of their fairy tale dream but well who cares its not my life that I am living inside of a fairy tale that is never gonna come true.

•••
One more thing morons.

I was going to reply to your post until you called NP members morons. :P

I won't wast my time now, not cool IMO despite your opinion.. ;)

•••
I was not telling everyone here is a moron.

Just scroll up. I even saw and liked the post of "RJ" the founder of Namepros. If you don't like my opinion then its okay. Yes you are a moron.

I would never tell anyone and everyone here a moron. If I am shedding some light on some issue that doesn't means I am open to attacks from morons who live in fairy tale dreams. That is what I was conveying and that is what I wanted to let them know because if NP members are taken for a ride I was just trying to help them out.

"WHY?" I don't know because someone started this thread maybe that is why?

•••
If you don't like my opinion then its okay. Yes you are a moron.

I would never tell anyone and everyone here a moron.

But you did, it's quoted above, now I'm a moron too, repeated again. :P

•••
Yes I am too :D hehe what to do :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back