Dynadot

discuss DAN.com Sales stopped/Leads For me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, suddenly for the for the past 30 days, i didn't get any sales / leads from Dan.com sales lander. Have any of you experience similar issue? I don't have any dry month in past years.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have any dry month in past years.
You must have a huge, phenomenal portfolio

I mostly left DAN for Atom. I'm interested in the feedback you will receive. My experience is that I have faced dry spells everywhere I have ever listed my names

Last edited:
•••
I just realize that some domains listed buy now in DAN are not in Afternic Distribution Network, you have to put them in Afternic to be shown in partner registrars search

Last edited:
•••
I just realize that some domains listed buy now in DAN are not in Afternic Distribution Network, you have to put them in Afternic to be shown in partner registrars search

I know that and my domains are showing in Godaddy search , it just i am not getting any leads from DAN lander, i used to get at least 20+ leads in a month

•••
Same thing, there is dry, I had my last lead somewhere in January.
edit: maybe it's time to migrate or take care of own marketplace and not feed the beasts out there. Not forget that Godaddy may see who is commenting on their related faults and put you in a black list on all of their marketplaces so you never sell anything, I was thinking to say that we should kiss them in the digital a**s so we get more sales, cause they have the biggest channels in the world and we must stop criticizing them.

Last edited:
•••
I have 1000 domains there, only 1 sale for the last 12 months.
And 3-4 leads/offers for 100-300$ /the potential buyers were not serious/.

•••
Same thing, there is dry, I had my last lead somewhere in January.
edit: maybe it's time to migrate or take care of own marketplace and not feed the beasts out there. Not forget that Godaddy may see who is commenting on their related faults and put you in a black list on all of their marketplaces so you never sell anything, I was thinking to say that we should kiss them in the digital a**s so we get more sales, cause they have the biggest channels in the world and we must stop criticizing them.

sorry to say but our own market as u put it will take forever to get gd or sedo or even crappy dan market traffic... forever as in never.

but u may be onto something there... with comments etc... I basically in my 10yrs have sold the most from gd auctions.. then a year or so ago it literally stopped... like a dead stop. and no offers either.

•••
sorry to say but our own market as u put it will take forever to get gd or sedo or even crappy dan market traffic... forever as in never.

but u may be onto something there... with comments etc... I basically in my 10yrs have sold the most from gd auctions.. then a year or so ago it literally stopped... like a dead stop. and no offers either.
Or it could be that Godaddy see unhappy Domainers and they concentrate their sales on end user products, I was an end user once and I still have the invoices on how much money they made on me paying for Privacy Proxy and other things which should be for free. Only recently viewing them I realized what a sheeple I was.
One other thing my tech website was with Godaddy and I made allot of money at that time, I was also paying for some type of marketing or SEO there, thus my website had allot of traffic and became slower but with allot of paying subscribers, but my mistake I have seen this as a bad and migrated from GD to Siteground and my traffic dropped and income becoming less.
The only thing I should have done is to not be greedy and upgrade the Hosting package to get more speed.

Last edited:
•••
Or it could be that Godaddy see unhappy Domainers and they concentrate their sales on end user products, I was an end user once and I still have the invoices on how much money they made on me paying for Privacy Proxy and other things which should be for free. Only recently viewing them I realized what a sheeple I was.
One other thing my tech website was with Godaddy and I made allot of money at that time, I was also paying for some type of marketing or SEO there, thus my website had allot of traffic and became slower but with allot of paying subscribers, but my mistake I have seen this as a bad and migrated from GD to Siteground and my traffic dropped and income becoming less.
The only thing I should have done is to not be greedy and upgrade the Hosting package to get more speed.

I know nothing about run or build sites etc so your thing was chinese to me but why cant u still do now and go back and pay like u say at gd... ?

other than this I'm not sure what gd is up.to...of course now they remove 7day and all other from auctions.. so now nothing will sell... but before this well for many people and me gd stopped selling for longtime... like I said it was my main source of sales for long time...so something must have changed.. maybe they just changed exposure levels in some ways for all domainers etc.
cause I dont really think they bother with picking on folk who.do poor comments on em.

•••
I tried DAN lander to check whether everything works, I filled the lead page and on click the email confirmation but the mail from DAN went to my Gmail account Spam folder and Gmail marked it in RED background banner saying:

Be careful with this message similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information

Most people use Gmail and after seeing above warning from google, i don't think anybody going the proceed further and i think i lost a month worth of sales.

To confirm i just changed lander for SEDO for 50% of my domains and within 2 days i already have an offer for $1500. Now i plan to change rest to SEDO also.

I love DAN.com & they are best when it come to customer service, but this make things difficult for me :(

Only +ve thing, Sedo Rep contacted saying i added good chunk of domain names in a day and they assigned a dedicated Rep for me. hope Sedo workout for me and i also hope DAN fix their mail going to email spam folder soon.

note: I talked with DAN, they said: they're aware of these issue and they are working for months on it to solve it but said, what i am experiencing his just dry spell and noting to do with mail going to spam folder.

•••
You must have a huge, phenomenal portfolio

I mostly left DAN for Atom. I'm interested in the feedback you will receive. My experience is that I have faced dry spells everywhere I have ever listed my names

I have in the range of 20K names only, but i get leads 1 to 2 leads in every 3 days and not getting even one in 30 days is big big Red mark for me and i feel i lost lot of money :(

•••
Definitely understandable and concerning. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
•••
I personally think there's a issue with the token at dan When I tried to buy a name or two there the token thing became so annoying that I decided not to pursue the name. I know it helps with spam but I would bet money it kills some guys that are on the fence of buying

•••
I have in the range of 20K names only, but i get leads 1 to 2 leads in every 3 days and not getting even one in 30 days is big big Red mark for me and i feel i lost lot of money :(

u seem out of touch with avg folio sizes when u say u have only 20k names it means u are in top few percent for folio size. thought u might wanna know it. knowledge is power. cheers

•••
u seem out of touch with avg folio sizes when u say u have only 20k names it means u are in top few percent for folio size. thought u might wanna know it. knowledge is power. cheers

I remember you starting active in namepros same time as mine. If I am right, I think we both posted closeout /pending delete domain lists daily here. is that you? I thought that you're buying daily.

•••
I remember you starting active in namepros same time as mine. If I am right, I think we both posted closeout /pending delete domain lists daily here. is that you? I thought that you're buying daily.

started yes... but I never posted delete lists... cheers

•••
Guys does Godaddy BuyNow ns5/ns6 lander work? I heard it have some bug for Non- faster domains. I haven't enabled fast transfer for my .com domains.

Anyone tried DAN lander, did you guys also have this mail going spam problem?

•••
Dan still sell well as usual. To provde this? Did you guys sell better after move? :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
Dan still sell well as usual. To provde this? Did you guys sell better after move? :xf.cool:

How many sales have you made in DAN in last 30 days? As for SEDO its not better it just my sales returned.

•••
How many sales have you made in DAN in last 30 days? As for SEDO its not better it just my sales returned.
8 Sales with total of 200 domain.

•••
•••
•••
But for truth, it did decrease a bit so after moving your main domains from Dan to new platform. Did sales came back?

I thought it just due to Putin.

Last edited:
•••
8 Sales with total of 200 domain.

What? Are you selling for $10 each ? 4% Sales turn round per month really. I can't get even 1% per year

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back