Dynadot

Will .xyz have any value now??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dipesh Singh

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I agree.
(Even though I registered some today. I still agree.)

most won't sell. some might. no one knows future. to say nothing regged today will sell.. is a statement without substance or meaning or value.

of course, no one cares if stuff they regged today sells or not if u paid one cent for it.. but I'm just saying .. that crystal balls don't exist heheh.

•••
If I remember to, I'll try to post my first sale of one of my crappy domains that I registered. Chances are, it will only be for $5 or so. But, I spent less less money on all my purchases. I think I spent about $1 total of credit at Namecheap.

For me, it's the fun of the hunt...finding something that might be worth a couple bucks. Honestly, I don't really care about the loss of tiny profit or the $1 total loss that I may get. It is fun for me. Plain & Simple.

Yes, I am guilty of registering a football team & basketball team's name today (TM issue). It was a city & team name. For .02 I can now say that I had the domain for a little bit. I might make it into a fan site..or try to sell it for a bit. Not too sure yet.

Last edited:
•••
Now what are the odds they will buy your domain priced at $$$ when there are so many options available?

At 1 or 2 pennies a pop it won't matter, there won't be any options left anyways. Every word or phrase known to man will be registered..in fact .xyz will be so abundant in registrations it will become it's own currency. People buying and selling things all over the place paying with their xyz's.

•••
It will only make .xyz more spammy: good for the registry, bad for former .xyz domain owners
Yes that's my biggest worry too. I already get a significant amount of spam from .xyz domains, this will likely make it MUCH worse.

•••
Good ones will always have value like any other extension and No , I didnt even get 1 domain.

•••
got this last one
redeemcoupons.xyz

•••
regged celebreties on xyz !

Last edited:
•••
•••
Of course, they have greater value today and will have mucn greater value in future. See for example, I registered around 300 names at one cent each, total I paid only $ 3, now my this particular domain portfolio's value has increased 18 folds, as Uniregistry increased the registeration fee from one cent to 18 cents today. I am sure withing six months time, the scenerio will definitely changed favoring to .xyz tld because now there is more exposure and business start liking xyz. So after six months time, my domain will sell at least for $ 10 each. I will be netting a profit of 2997, for an investment of just $ 3.
That is what exactly Frank Schilling, Managing Director of Uniregistry said today "The most successful domainers leap in when opportunity presents itself," "Low cost domains present a one year runway to refine a domain portfolio that will appeal to the next generation of domain name owners"

•••
Of course, they have greater value today and will have mucn greater value in future. See for example, I registered around 300 names at one cent each, total I paid only $ 3, now my this particular domain portfolio's value has increased 18 folds, as Uniregistry increased the registeration fee from one cent to 18 cents today. I am sure withing six months time, the scenerio will definitely changed favoring to .xyz tld because now there is more exposure and business start liking xyz. So after six months time, my domain will sell at least for $ 10 each. I will be netting a profit of 2997, for an investment of just $ 3.

Good luck with that.

Brad

•••
"Of course"
"I am sure"
"definitely"
"will sell at least for"

Welcome to the Grand Delusion.

•••
"Of course"
"I am sure"
"definitely"
"will sell at least for"

Welcome to the Grand Delusion.
Just wait and watch. .xyz going to be rocking very soon, remember, Google is there!

•••
Here personally I think the premium ones will have value more especially 1L,1N,2L,2N,3L,3N and for numeric more especially those with repeating "8"

•••
Something worth $0 is still worthless regardless how much you pay for it. Saying "I only need one buyer" to justify a purchase is funny to me, because you didn't buy it when it was $4, yet $.01 is a steal somehow.

•••
Something worth $0 is still worthless regardless how much you pay for it. Saying "I only need one buyer" to justify a purchase is funny to me, because you didn't buy it when it was $4, yet $.01 is a steal somehow.

I think it was $0.4 before.. already crazy low.

•••
the value would depend on the how brandable it is.

We need to analyze what does xyz stand for. A name must match xyz. Some names has better value with xyz, some with better value with top, some with tv, some with me....

•••
I register xyz names for 2 reasons:

1), protect my .com names. Add my brandable .com name values by offering an extra .xyz
2), some great xyz names still look very cool and special

1cent, why not.

•••
some name like this:

bbbooottt.xyz (Bot)
iiiooottt.xyz (IOT)

looks not bad. quite interesting for me

•••
I think more tech style names.

•••
i have costum.xyz hmmm not bad for coustume website hihi

•••
•••
126 million .com's.. I don't understand why a few million xyz's makes them worthless or "all taken." If the tld gains mainstream momentum, valuations could easily rise. Especially the vanity names.

•••
unless you guys have one word premium keywords in .xyz, or short LLL or NNN, I don't see any value there.

•••
In my vision its like ( yes or no )
i spend up 10$ for abou 1500 domains and im not sad, because if i sell 1 for 10$ cool i dont lost money, and about the time, i just done on my hobbie break. Some peopple register domain, free i dont accept lol but someone have value. If you care much on what peopple talk is east oportunite to make done something.

Soon i will bring my portofolio to show, some are rubish and some maybe good, as i say i dont care about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back