Dynadot

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! When I first made the original post back in August 2008, I never imagined that it would still be going strong over 10 years later! I'm really enjoying re-reading this thread and the recent updates.

•••
Just wondering why most of the sites posted are no longer resolving or are pointing to parked pages.

IMHO, mini sites are a waste of time and money. Develop full websites. Spend all resources available to you on a single site that you have vetted and can see clear business potential. Once that is developed, move on to the next site/domain. If you don't have a vision for it for at least the next 5 years, don't bother developing it. Mini sites are simply spamming the search indexes and never get any bumps in the SERPs.

•••
Since you have some experience with minisites I have a few question for you. :)
What's the purpose of minisites if almost of them don't get any traffic? If I visit a minisite I don't bother to read a word and directly close the tab :p
What's wrong with noomle?
1/ I get plenty of traffic to My minisites (I have several that get 500 visitors a DAY) and most get at least 10-20 a day.
2/ Maybe you are visiting the wrong minisites.
3/ Noomle created sites are exactly the type of site that google has targeted with their pagerank updates. Plus this thread is for Minisites created using web development tools, not point & click site creators like Noomle.

There is a seperate thread for people to post their Noomle sites. http://www.namepros.com/parking-and...-official-noomle-com-thread-free-parking.html

Last edited:
•••
can anyone comment on how important keywords are to minisites ?

like say: gardentools vs gardentoolz or bowlingshoes vs bowlingstuff ?

i know that keywords are absolutely better but if you have 2 sites with say, the exact same content and keywords and seo etc, how much better does google rank the keyword sites ?

hope this makes sense

Accurate keywords are everything to minisites, *unless* you plan to do a lot of extra work like linkbuilding, article submissions, and some heavy SEO. If you want to do all that, then altered/brandable names might work as minisites, depending on how good a job you do.

If your plan is to just build a minisite and then leave it, keyword accuracy is paramount if you actually want it to succeed. Here's why:
Unless your dn has great type-in traffic naturally, the only way you'll get traffic to it, without a lot of SEO and marketing etc., is to get it on the first page of Google and other engines. That way people who are searching for your term will see your site right away and hopefully check it out since it is the primary domain/site with the term/phrase they just searched.

When people search 'garden tools', your minisite named gardenToolz.com will not even be close to page 1 on their search results, google will not index typos and throw them into the mix, high up, with properly-spelled names. Your site may be on page 1 when they search 'garden toolz'... but almost no one in the world searches that term. You might get 10 visits a month, so it really doesn't matter if you're on page 1 when people search 'garden toolz', because almost no one does (I'm making assumptions here - haven't actually looked into the stats of gardentoolz :) ).

You want to pick a niche name to use as a minisite, and you want the spelling to be correct, and you want that niche name to have enough monthly searches to be worth your while if/when your site eventually lands on page 1 of google. Niches work perfectly; if it's too broad/generic/popular of a name, chances are you'll have a ton of competition, by large sites with a lot of money to spend on keeping their site on page 1 of the engines, and your little humble minisite won't get anywhere close to page 1, or even page 10. But if you choose a NICHE name for the minisite, chances are there'll be almost no competition and your site will eventually hit page 1, spot 1 on the engines.

Once again, number of monthly searches for the exact term is important; if your site is on page 1 of google, but the term is only searched for 10 times a month, you're going to make zilch income. If your term is searched for 1000 or 5000 times per month, you have a very good chance of income, and good income if there is a generous advertiser competition for your term, in adsense links.

To sum: 99 names out of a hundred should be EXACT SPELLING when being intended for minisites. Find terms with advertiser competition, and healthy monthly searches. Use only dot.com for niches, unless it's a great niche with extremely healthy searches, but with little competition for page 1 on google (for example, if other extensions are taken but all of them are parked pages, not developed); in that case, you might experiment with the dot.net/info/org/us or whatever, if you really want to.

There are still a lot of great dot.com's out there to be discovered and made into minisites. I still daily find hundreds of dot.com's with between 500 and 5000 monthly searches, and some with more than that. Usually I only choose very clear names. I never use brandables or miss-spelled names for minisites anymore. Tried a lot of those in the beginning, and not one of them paid off. I've let about 30 of those drop, and will drop a few more soon. Correct spelling only, and only keywords/phrases that actually get good searches.

Even if I have to get a little inventive: this name had decent stats, so I decided to nab it and switch it up a little:
Suicide Photos

:)

•••
•••
Thanks Briguy... Probably a similar end game in mind, as I have 50 or so sites on Blogger at various stages. You can probably relate to this: I've spent much more time focused on writing content than on site design and color scheme, etc., out of necessity (it's a lot of work on top of my actual job and raising a family). I finally got to the point where I am just writing and getting it done when it comes to content generation, but the variables you referenced in regards to design and appearance are a work in progress on all of my sites. When it comes to that sort of mindset (the development workload), do you set goals or just crank out as much content as you can when you can? I'm trying to do five sites a week, but my job keeps getting in the way. If you can, tell me more about your sites and how you got there. And, where your development project is headed from here, if you don't mind.
Understandable...I am the opposite, I work on layout first, (of course I start with one basic posting then layout!

Just a few tips (random) that come to mind..

After layout is finalized, I will do a few postings, and schedule them a few days apart, I always have images in posting (lots of traffic from "Google Images) !

I will either have "one or two" posting shown on home page

I try to work on one blog (do as much as I can)..then when I have free time, work on another!

I add keywords in "label" (tags), the tags get their page!

Also have a "blog search" in top fold (part of blog that is seen before you have to scroll down)

Make sure template are also mobile friendly..

•••
A Work In Progress

DirectFlight.com.au

directflight_com_au.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
I have a load but are all a waste of time as unless you're prepared to focus on one thing and build it to make money. If you dream of selling domains then be a domainer. I could post lists of sites i have built which are mostly webmaster resourses as hate just making sites for no satisfaction. I dont really use site builders i have one at wix. I am interested if these mini sites of others are earners.
http://www.seotoolfree.com
http://www.seofreetool.com
http://www.traffic.tools
http://www.traffic.tips
http://www.trafficprotect.com
http://www.trafficlocate.com
http://www.webmaster.software
I have even more sites dedicated to webmasters but are more than mini sites.
All made in spare time as my work committments are 55 hours a week before i do any of this.
I have blogs also with 1000's pages. I do like the thought that there could be some turnkey option whitelabel mini sites. Some domains do react well to small development and will receive 100x the traffic because of it but even still it isn't really developed and offers only an indication of capabilities of domains. Anyone buying these mini sites will be more traffic focused than the domain name which always equates to you could have done more. I just see buyers getting bargains as there is always effort involved.

Last edited:
•••
Do turnkey sites get traffic if they don't have considerable original content?

Here is something to think about:

Which will generate more revenue? 10 mini-sites with 10 pages of original content each. Or 1 site on a solid domain with 100 pages of content.

•••
thetruman said:
nice site, but how did you manage to put all that adsense??? I thought max allowed is 3, I can count many more!!! ;)

You can have 3 ad blocks, 3 link units and 2 search boxes.

But you have to remember that the first ad spot in the first ad block is the highest paying ad you'll get, and the rest of them go down accordingly; if you load up on ads, by the time you get to the bottom, you're practically paying Google. And if there aren't a lot of ads in your niche, you'll see a lot of repeats.

Fewer ad blocks, and you have more advertisers competing for the space. My EPCs went WAY up when I reduced to 1 ad block and 1 link unit (plus 1 search box) per page. YMMV. But test it.

•••

Maybe I'm misinterpreting google's policy, but it was my understanding you can lose your adsense account by putting adsense ads on sites about salvia. Personally I wouldn't take the risk. Just a heads up. Here's a link to the specific policy https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105948

•••
i submitted my site in another review thread but i think my site is somewhere between a mini-site and a regular site
one person said the header looks outdated so i would appreciate comments on the banner and anything that stands out
also, do the products display fairly fast in the browser ?
they seem to always lag a little
thanks!
n

Stovetop-Espresso.com

I made you 2 headers that I think would go better with color palete you are using:

Attachments

• Stovetop-Header.gif
    Stovetop-Header.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Stovetop-Header2.gif
    Stovetop-Header2.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 82
•••
For a thread where people seem to genuinely want to help one another improve their sites, with constructive and enabling advice and critique, you sometimes bring it down BFT/DJuqa.

For someone that touts themselves as a minisite king, you should offer more than what your previous post does. You've offered no real advice except to put down someone on a public forum. Having an opinion is fine; being opinionated to the point of belligerence is not!!

Before your post next time, stop and think; what can I do to help this member that is trying to develop his/her sites? What can I do to improve his/her site based on my knowledge? After you answer that question, then post. If you can only come up with what you came up with in your previous post, don't reply, just out of courtesy.

I think everyone in this thread could use this for a general guidline. To be honest though, most of you are very supportive and helpful for the most part when it comes to making improvements to one another's sites. :)

Last edited:
•••
just a reminder of the first post made by the thread starter.

"Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance."

Cheers
Corey

•••
Advertising partners are listed in the Privacy Policy

Cheers
Corey

•••
Well loaded fast...look visually clean.
Since first time, I seen a QR code on a website. now I know where to put one (learned something that I was to shy to ask lol)!

Also wondering..is there a reason why the "search box" is in the footer?

Nice site, wish it was mine!

Thanks for the feedback about www.whoiscorey.com The Search box is where it is due to balance and practicality.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Google T&C REQUIRES a compliant privacy policy on all sites displaying adsense ads.
read their guidelines and help pages

Privacy Policy Generator
Plus with literally millions of downloadable WP themes it takes little time to install something that looks good

Last edited:
•••
I'm developing quite a few.org's as minisites with regular content update as Amazon Affiliate sites: SilverBangles.org, AntiqueMirrors.org are just few for now :) Interestingly, I'm ranking on second & third page for these domains already.

Guys, just be aware of the fact that an interesting image related to your content pinned to Pinterest can get you good amount of traffic.

•••
And my last small project: a toolbox of Unix commands:

Unix commands

•••
•••
•••
•••
a developed LLL.in
still a work in progress

JIQ.in

Cheers
Corey

•••
EV, you must be getting good traffic already to these site because when I clicked on them I got:
Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

That is a good sign :tu:

Let us know when this is fixed, please.

Peace,
Cy

Edit:
Ok, they are up and running now, Nice sites!!!!

Last edited:
•••
writing quality content should be left to experts
Exactly
Writing a quality article is not JUST writing repeated random sentences peppered with the Keywords. It is contributing original and valuable input using the knowledge bank on the particular subject.

Example:-
POOR:
The best New England Hotels are located in Rhode Island. Rhode Island has the Best NEW England Hotels. When visiting New England stay in Rhode Island for the Best New England HOTELS.
Better:-

Rhode Island is a great holiday destination. When staying at one of the better New England hotels you can expect to pay a very reasonable overnight charge for the best accommodation in the area.
New England hotels typically are of a smaller Inn or Bed & Breakfast style of operation rather than the MEGA resorts more commonly found in the Tropical regions.

As you can see each sentence conveys new information, it does not just paraphrase the same TIRED old Keyword Phrase over again. Also it is explaining and providing additional information ABOUT the Keywords, not just repeating the keywords Ad Finitum

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back