Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
His content is not unique. You can get unique content by spinning an article. He links his pages even they are not related. One thing I notice he kinda uses an old format of pages, trick the crawlers? I haven't tested or thought about that.

But you can find the content like very easily scrapped and post it, even wikipedia gives you free pictures. You can also look at PLR content.

But studyguide/org was a interactive question site which was producing unique content via the questions and other features on that site

Regarding the others i have not investigated to offer an opinion

•••
But studyguide/org was a interactive question site which was producing unique content via the questions and other features on that site

Regarding the others i have not investigated to offer an opinion

I believe there was a Q/A scrapper for yahoo answers or answers dot com. I am not sure if it was on DP forums and for witch Q/A site. Sometimes you create a site let's say a forum, and fill it with content. There is free and cheap forum databases out there, and people will come in and actually use it creating you unique content. It could happen.

•••
His content is not unique. You can get unique content by spinning an article. He links his pages even they are not related. One thing I notice he kinda uses an old format of pages, trick the crawlers? I haven't tested or thought about that.

But you can find the content like very easily scrapped and post it, even wikipedia gives you free pictures. You can also look at PLR content.

What I essentially meant was how he set up the content within his sites?

Take his JeepTech site for instance - it would take so much time to actually set up that site even if he copied the content from elsewhere - so I'd be very interested and so should everyone else to find out what automated system he used to create that site and sites similar to it?

•••
What I essentially meant was how he set up the content within his sites?

Take his JeepTech site for instance - it would take so much time to actually set up that site even if he copied the content from elsewhere - so I'd be very interested and so should everyone else to find out what automated system he used to create that site and sites similar to it?

Not actually. With WordPress you can plugin the content and have this site in 1, 2 hours tops. Using dreamweaver templates (old fashion) 2, 3 hours tops. Also when you are doing something repetitive you need to come up with a streamline process. Time = $.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
very nice design, i like the background

Thankx.

Just added: CupCakesForWedding.com took me 2 hours flat doing the template from scratch, adding the codes for wordpress and adding the content. Yup WP theme. Gonna try the retro style see if it increases CTR. :D

•••
Point of Reference: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-enable-multi-site-option-in-wordpress-3-0/

What it does is allows you to control multiple blogs with 1 admin, and 1 installation of WP. There is a learning curve to it.

I have avoided it so far, i do wonder about seo benefits or setbacks with this format

Are going to put a nice wedding picture on your site ?? (cupcakes)

fotolia.com is good value for photos

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

...two reason of many why I love Wordpress...

MadeInAmerica.tv

and

Eyesight.tv

good to see more .tv development

This will always be stories for made in america

•••
Thought about adding some pics, make it look more natural.

•••
Thought about adding some pics, make it look more natural.

I think images are inpiring and in this case would help the overall subject matter

•••
...two reason of many why I love Wordpress...

MadeInAmerica.tv

and

Eyesight.tv

Nice sites.

On madeinamerica.tv, what sort of UV's are you getting? Is Adsense doing okay?

On that site I would reduce the number of posts per page to get more clicks.

What are you using to get your content?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Thankx.

Just added: CupCakesForWedding.com took me 2 hours flat doing the template from scratch, adding the codes for wordpress and adding the content. Yup WP theme. Gonna try the retro style see if it increases CTR. :D

What would be the average monthly earnings from a site like that going by your previous similar sites?

•••
What would be the average monthly earnings from a site like that going by your previous similar sites?

This is actually my first retro design. Testing it. Seen many of this styles going for mid $xxx to low $x,xxx per month in rev.

I want to know what is, working on another version tonight, other colors.

•••
I'd be very careful using Auto-generated content with Adsense. Your account may get banned by Google. The following is an excerpt from a Google site:

"We don’t allow sites with auto-generated or otherwise unoriginal content to participate in the AdSense program. This is to ensure that our users are benefiting from a unique online experience and that our advertisers are partnering with useful and relevant sites."

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2011/01/adsense-facts-fiction-part-v-unoriginal.html

Last edited:
•••
Not all but most of my sites have some unique content as well, eventually they will all contain a percentage of unique content. How many sites have spun articles i wonder, i would suggest there are many many sites without any original content

•••
I have seen site with original unique content not perform, I have seen site with spun content perform, I have seen sites with unique content rock the numbers hard. I guess it all depends the competitive market.

•••
Thankx.

Impressive, there are a lot of pages! Did you write all the content in only two hours?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I just developped this one about farewell quotes, the expression has a high search volume in India:

Farewell Quotes

•••
Impressive, there are a lot of pages! Did you write all the content in only two hours?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I just developped this one about farewell quotes, the expression has a high search volume in India:

Farewell Quotes

I kinda spin the content, no time to make it fully unique. Add 15-20mins adding pics to it.

Farewell Quotes, looks good. Add some extra pages.

•••
With 400+ minisites I may have some idea of WHAT WORKS
Article Spinners SUCK!!!!

CupcakesForWeddings.com
1/ TOO Many Adsense ads at the top of site.
2/ No Google Compliant Privacy Policy
3/ Template sucks (if you could call it a template)
4/ content suck, read above comment regarding article spinners.

If you took 2 hours for that site, you need to re-appraise your methodology of creating sites.
Most people posting sites here can do better in less time.

Last edited:
•••
hello, today I started using Google's Blogger with one of my domains :

bioJesus.org

I like the fact that I can post new articles using e-mail, and that I'm not using my paid hosting resources, but Blogger's :p

anyone here is using Blogger for their minisites?

•••
With 400+ minisites I may have some idea of WHAT WORKS
Article Spinners SUCK!!!!

CupcakesForWeddings.com
1/ TOO Many Adsense ads at the top of site.
2/ No Google Compliant Privacy Policy
3/ Template sucks (if you could call it a template)
4/ content suck, read above comm ent regarding article spinners.

If you took 2 hours for that site, you need to re-appraise your methodology of creating sites.
Most people posting sites here can do better in less time.

Well I never claim I am expert on mini-sites. Thats why I am testing. I see this ugly sites, with nothing on it except content and links and performing 3x-5x better than a well designed, articulated site.

Care to explain the No Google compliant Privacy policy?

Is a template, because now I can reproduce color variations, widgets from WordPress with just clicks. Instead of copying it over. I can do modifications to one file and get it across. I am actually trying Googles default color scheme.

Sorry, I am not a 100 dollar bill so everyone can like me. I can sit down get the content done, be unique and get spinned by someone else or spinn from some else. The sucker days are over, so I spinn from some one else.

I know if you collecting data for adwords, you need to your visitors know about cookie collection, didn't know you need it for adsense. Thanks, learned something. That's why I join here.

UPDATE: Added Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Since I had both for other websites.

Last edited:
•••
Google T&C REQUIRES a compliant privacy policy on all sites displaying adsense ads.
read their guidelines and help pages

Privacy Policy Generator
Plus with literally millions of downloadable WP themes it takes little time to install something that looks good

Last edited:
•••
Do sites with crappy, grammatically challenged, "borrowed" content perform well?

I can't picture end users wanting to read such content.
If such sites do perform well or OK in terms of CTR, maybe users click on ads hoping to find something grammatically correct?

(This is NOT directed at anyone in particular. However, if you do feel angry, then yes, this constructive criticism more than likely does apply to you.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back