IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am starting to enjoy developing micro sites. I've been using Wordpress or Blogspot, and the latest mini site is ClassicNBA.com. I havent monetized the site, and I've posted it as an example because it was the product of less than two hours. It is just put a few basic fan related pages and videos for now, but the fact that we can produce a developed site that quickly is encouraging. After years of struggling to come up with development plans, we've settled on the resources mentioned above. My conclusion, after almost a decade of domaining and suffering through the accompanying growing pains, is that microsites are the key to portfolio growth and aging domains (for my wife and I). We plan to put the monetization aspect on the back burner for a bit, while we focus on development and content. One other thought-these forums are great for new developers for us, with lots of good examples for formatting, resources, and new ideas.

•••
@ericpkearns - you should look up how to forward your blogger site to your "custom" domain name ... still showing as classicnba.blogspot,com ...

•••
Lol. Thanks Kpett, but that was kind of my point: anything we want to learn is readily available with a quick google search, and most of this info is free. The resources and tools we have at our disposal now are amazing (wordpress, blogger, etc). I don't spend a lot of time on forums, but this one is by far my favorite. Lots of positive people who know how tough domaining and developing is for beginners. And lots of resources for every level of experience (and financial restraints). For someone like me, this is a great hobby. I am enjoying developing my portfolio, and learn something new every day.

•••
Understandable...I am the opposite, I work on layout first, (of course I start with one basic posting then layout!

Just a few tips (random) that come to mind..

After layout is finalized, I will do a few postings, and schedule them a few days apart, I always have images in posting (lots of traffic from "Google Images) !

I will either have "one or two" posting shown on home page

I try to work on one blog (do as much as I can)..then when I have free time, work on another!

I add keywords in "label" (tags), the tags get their page!

Also have a "blog search" in top fold (part of blog that is seen before you have to scroll down)

Make sure template are also mobile friendly..

Is it poor form to list links to a few of your sites so i can check them out? (I'd like to see a couple if it's not against forum rules to post more than one site link). I also checked out your Ebay domain name auctions....do you have success on Ebay selling domains? Any suggestions there?

•••
Not really

BTW I create joomla! minisites Like those I listed and sell them for $75 to $150USD

Plus at end of 12 months the minisite is worth the purchase price Plus added value based on the 12mths income. So could be resold for a nice profit

Another advantage of minisite's over park pages , Very hard to promote Parked domains due to TOS of Parking sites. Minisites can be linked, advertised, promoted whichever way you want , your choice , without any restrictive rules.

Any outstanding minisite you worked on?

•••
Thanks to whoever bumped this thread. Been an interesting read.

So what's a good place to get content for a mini site?

•••
Thanks to whoever bumped this thread. Been an interesting read.

So what's a good place to get content for a mini site?

interesting indeed...

Last edited:
•••
Making some sites using WordPress. Just a few day's need. I have already made 5 sites consisting of 7-8 pages per site.

•••
Hi there,

I have a great Turnkey website option for you. We do build affiliate websites on a specific niche or it can be chosen from our pre-made website portfolio.

It is great if you want to effortlessly develop and monetize your domains or just looking for an affiliate website to earn some passive income.

These Stores/Websites are auto-updating, keeping the prices up to date as well as they are great for SEO.

If interested, you can read more about it on our website (please see my avatar).

All the best!
I will look into it and promote some turnkey domains. eg freeturnkeys.com

•••
These are the best if you want to have some kind of niche Store on your domain connected with Amazon, eBay, and AdSense if needed.
A moment ago i registered whitelabelturnkey and turnkeywhitelabel.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back