IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I checked the gambling site because that was the last one I looked at, I assumed you used Wordpress for all your sites. Anyway, now I'm done with this minisite layout wise I'll start to look into WP and Joomla.

Just got accepted by Adsense and included the adds, if someone has some comments about them please let me know, don't have any experience with adsense at all. Now I'm waiting to get indexed by google, there has been a google bot already but nothing shows up on google yet. How long does this normally take?

You need to change your leaderboard ads to something that will fit on your page horizontally; for me they're sticking way out on the sides about 400 pix past your right side border, and make it look really hacked out. Change them to banner size maybe, or medium rectangle with text wrapping around it...

•••
You need to change your leaderboard ads to something that will fit on your page horizontally; for me they're sticking way out on the sides about 400 pix past your right side border, and make it look really hacked out. Change them to banner size maybe, or medium rectangle with text wrapping around it...

Thank you for the notice, I just checked and it messes up for me aswell at 1024x768 and 800x600 resolution. The problem is that the menu and the content box don't have a fixed width so it messes up at lower resolutions. at 1280 or higher it's fine. I'll change it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip though, wouldn't have thought about the fact that there might be people with lower resolutions ;).

•••
Miami Lakes Florida minisite - hotels, restaurants, apartments, photos & videos of Miami Lakes, Florida Miami Lakes Florida - Home

•••
•••
original Post removed because of the belligerent and not useful advice given by the Minisite KING

Last edited:
•••
For a thread where people seem to genuinely want to help one another improve their sites, with constructive and enabling advice and critique, you sometimes bring it down BFT/DJuqa.

For someone that touts themselves as a minisite king, you should offer more than what your previous post does. You've offered no real advice except to put down someone on a public forum. Having an opinion is fine; being opinionated to the point of belligerence is not!!

Before your post next time, stop and think; what can I do to help this member that is trying to develop his/her sites? What can I do to improve his/her site based on my knowledge? After you answer that question, then post. If you can only come up with what you came up with in your previous post, don't reply, just out of courtesy.

I think everyone in this thread could use this for a general guidline. To be honest though, most of you are very supportive and helpful for the most part when it comes to making improvements to one another's sites. :)

Last edited:
•••
WHATS WITH THE HUGE Hyperlinked with RED INITIAL PARAGRAPH

Looks ridiculous
I didn't bother to look at anything else.
or the other site.
1 look at that crap red was enough to have me reaching for the back button
First, its not hyperlinked. Its just a hover effect i.e. when hovering over the text, the color changes. By the way, I have shortened the font size. newcreditcard.co.in and luggagecar.com - both are developed on wordpress with great search engine optimization involved, Just within few days, more than 50 pages of newcreditcard.co.in are indexed in google even when the content on newcreditcard.co.in is not unique.

I have just started working on luggagecar.com from 2 days. I hope to get 1st rank on serp for "luggage car" term soon.
Any advice for luggagecar.com from any NP members ?

Thank you firefly for offering sound advice to DJuqa!!

•••
Any advice for luggagecar.com from any NP members ?

Thank you firefly for offering sound advice to DJuqa!!
Sorry I appeared arrogant and belligerent.
I normally try to be helpful and informative to all minisite developers especially newcomers.

That Header text that is RED when hovered is still too large and detracts from the site.
Exactly why do you need to use hover effect on that text anyway?

If you want normal users to use the site then you need to make the site attractive to them.

Excellent work on getting the large number of pages indexed by google, now you need to make it attractive to those finding the site via the search engine. You are using Wordpress, so the choice of available and free THEMES is Immense.

Also checkout http://serprank.com for a free privacy policy generator to create the required Privacy policy.

My best advice is to read all of the posts in this thread and check out some of the other sites posted here.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I picked up Lichen.us from a seller here on NP. It's unlikely to ever make much money, but gave me a place to park some photos I had been collecting.

•••
I picked up Lichen.us from a seller here on NP. It's unlikely to ever make much money, but gave me a place to park some photos I had been collecting.

Great little site

•••
Here's we have a WhyPark based site with Adsense instead of the default Parked/WhyPark feeds and hacked up customised content drawn from multiple sources: The Shiraz Guide | shiraz.us .

Total work was around 20 minutes, and the result isn't too shabby.

•••
Here's we have a WhyPark based site with Adsense instead of the default Parked/WhyPark feeds and hacked up customised content drawn from multiple sources: The Shiraz Guide | shiraz.us .

Total work was around 20 minutes, and the result isn't too shabby.

I haven't read google's TOS for awhile but memory tells me they allow 2 ad configurations + 1 search bar, total 3 per page... someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right, you might want to remove one of those ads, you have 1 ad unit, 2 banner ads, and 1 search bar, total 4.

Site header looks pretty chopped up and the site looks like what it is: a barren minisite. Remember who your visitors are: this is a Shiraz guide; shiraz drinkers are well known to be wine connoisseurs, people who know quality from hacked; they'll back out of your site instantly and never return...

If you can hack this in 20 mins, then save the hacks for sites whose design won't make much difference; on a site for connoisseurs and aficionados, put a little more time into making something interesting and elegant for them? It does make a difference in return traffic and word of mouth. I have many minisites that people link to without me ever contacting them; commonly find links to my minisites in topical forums, educational sites, social networking sites, etc. Some sites are 'hackable' and it won't make much difference, but don't treat all minisites equally, consider the audience.

I'd like to see what you can do when you put some time into it...

GL

•••
I'd like to see what you can do when you put some time into it...

GL

Thank you for the well thought out response. Rep to be added :)

I'll take that all on board and work on it harder. Ad config seems fine from what I can work out: 1 Link Unit, 2 Ad Units, 1 Search Unit. I've made a few changes but there will be a hell of a lot more work on it in the next 7 days. I'll report back next week :)

•••
•••
Talking of good wines, few can beat a good Madeira. This site is also at Why Park. If you have the time check out the YouTube video "Have some Madeira, My Dear" The Lyrics are below the Video. Its one of those old naughty classic songs that are great to listen to at a pub, while sipping some Madeira, naturally!

www.madeirawine.info

:)

•••
DJuqa,

You do some superb work. Would enjoy seeing any full-blown websites you may have.

Thanks for the info on the free privacy policy.

•••
DJuqa,

You do some superb work. Would enjoy seeing any full-blown websites you may have.

Thanks for the info on the free privacy policy.
Thanks for the comments
I mainly do minisites only , not many fullblown sites

•••
waterfrontcapetown.com

About V&A Waterfront, Cape Town

•••
single page site

This is a site that sells a product of mine.....actually, my first every attempt to do this. I did not create the site, someone else did for me.

Personal Record Builder

Enterpryzman

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back