Dynadot

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay, I've just dipped my toe into mini site development with this site:

www.faceproducts.org

Comments?
1/ Design is good
2/ Articles not bad.
3/ Ad number - TOO Many on front page
the ratio of area of articles to ads should be at least 2 to 1 == twice the amount of content to area of ads
Best advice I could offer is turn off one of the Adsense ads and replace with an image or more text

My latest Minisite
http://DrinkRed.com.au

Last edited:
•••
where's the monetization ?

Are all those articles originals ?

Not sure what feedback you were expecting ?

The site is not currently monetized.
I have written some of the articles and some articles are from Peak Industry Bodies in Small Business, Property and Strata.

It is up to NP'ers to decide what type of Feedback that is given.

Cheers
Corey

•••
It is up to NP'ers to decide what type of Feedback that is given.

Cheers
Corey
Just my opinion..I check out the sites that you post and I think that they are excellently done! The only question that I have (correct me if I am wrong and because I have been thinking about it) is Joomla real user friendly?

•••
Good question Corey! As a administrator..since I visited some of your sites, I already know about the "visitor" standpoint!

Like anything in life, Joomla takes practice and time to master *w

Cheers
Corey

•••
"Don't forget about creating backlinks. Without them you won't be getting much exposure."

To be honest my backlinking strategy is simple; "I haven't got one". I naturally comment on blogs/forums when it's relevant, I share on social media but that's it. I have never gone out especially to gain links preferring the organic approach instead.

The minisites I build hopefully will grow by themselves and then become content rich will attract it's own natural links. I'm not a hit and run type of entrepreneur I like to build things that stick, minisites are simply a stepping stone to identify where it's worth spending my time.

Cheers

Rob

•••
Mini Website - Dedicated to Domain Parking

Hey Friends,
I have Started a Mini Website Dedicated to Domain Parking.
If you have any Feedback or Suggestions you are most welcome.

www.NamingZone.com

•••
I stopped posting minisites due to the Seo spam i keep getting, kinda think these sites are trolled by would be seo experts who think you will pay them for annoying you

•••
Hello,

I just finished the development of this one: http://www.motivationalquotes.in
Very simple website and template, but the search volume for this keyword is high, especially in India.

Any comment is welcome :)

Some boxes had just text and some had graphics (the graphics were better) the whole layout should use the graphics, perhaps you can add some motivational ebooks to earn revenue

•••
Hi ericpkearns,

Thank you for posting your site and bringing this thread back up.
It is a great read.

Sorry, it's a little of the old proof reader in me, just a little heads up...
I hate to nit pick, but he was kind of one of my favs, even though he played for the Sixers.
Julius "The Doctor" Erving
I think it's "Dr. J" ;)

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Yes it is and this thread was a great read..lurked a lot of hours!

@ericpkearns
Just checked out your site (I have about 100 "sites" on blogger).

If I may give some feedback..(my opinion kinda of feedback)

(1) Colors/colours do not go great with that classic wood background..oe maybe the black font what makes it "weird"

(2) Since the header the first thing that people see...I would the look (add a line between Domain name and tagline)..change the Font to something less "hard".. Here is kinda of what I am talking about!

Show attachment 96654

Thanks Briguy... Probably a similar end game in mind, as I have 50 or so sites on Blogger at various stages. You can probably relate to this: I've spent much more time focused on writing content than on site design and color scheme, etc., out of necessity (it's a lot of work on top of my actual job and raising a family). I finally got to the point where I am just writing and getting it done when it comes to content generation, but the variables you referenced in regards to design and appearance are a work in progress on all of my sites. When it comes to that sort of mindset (the development workload), do you set goals or just crank out as much content as you can when you can? I'm trying to do five sites a week, but my job keeps getting in the way. If you can, tell me more about your sites and how you got there. And, where your development project is headed from here, if you don't mind.

•••
Having a little experience with minisites, I couldn't resist a comment about that site classicnba.
YUK!
My suggestions for any further mini/microsite development.
1/ Forget using Blogger.com
2/ Learn how-to use a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla!
3/ Learn how-to layout sites.
4/ See a professional about your colour-blind vision.
or
5/ Take up quilting or pottery.

Last edited:
•••
Ericpkearns:-
I am starting to enjoy developing micro sites. I've been using Wordpress or Blogspot, and the latest mini site is ClassicNBA.com.
I've posted it as an example because it was the product of less than two hours.
examples of simple and quickly constructed Minisites as an example of what could be done instead of UGLY garish Blogger sites.
Both sites were done in less than 30 minutes.
http://minisite.com.au Joomla!
http://minisite.net.au Wordpress

http://minisite.info Bootstrap/Html/CSS also easily done <<2 minute site

Last edited:
•••
Jeeeze this thread's been around for a while. Most of the links at the beginning are dead, lol.

•••
I have a few (sorry can't post links yet)

www[.]valueinvestingnews[.]com
www[.]getinfosec[.]news

They are created with a little tool called Newsy (www[.]newsy[.]co)

•••
great sites doggyowner.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Burano said:
I thought for google adsense, your site had to have at least 20 pages of content. Is that not the case?
BS, No such requirement in their TOS
Like a lot of "So-called Common Knowledge" about google and Adsense

1 page is MORE than enough if Content is relevant and useful
http://acnefree.ca whitebark's little minisite More than enough content
What is required is Relevant content and sites not "Made purely for Adsense"

Last edited:
•••
Burano said:
I thought for google adsense, your site had to have at least 20 pages of content. Is that not the case?

some seo type people recomend that the site have multiple pages before you insert the adsense code. But this is not a requirement. Thats probally how you picked up on the 20 pages theory.

•••
www.DubaiFestival.info - Drupal - needs a new look
www.RosevillePlace.com - Drupal - Not quite a mini but...
www.McCoyPottery.info - my design
www.HardingBlack.info - Drupal
www.TecoPottery.info - Private Script
www.Pottery.co.in - Private Script - just installed
www.LottaShoes.com - Private Script - fresh hand reg - my template design - content from an old advertising booklet - much more to add.
www.Rozane.info - my design (yuck) needs new look

The next 2 may be questionable as mini-sites but... Links in sig
ColorfulColorado.com - Drupal
Roycroft.org shows what can be done with a dropped name and an old catalog. Paid low $XXX for the name. Lots of hours scanning and building (more to be done) but looks like the payback will be around 18 months.

That is just what comes to mind right now. Some pay well and some don't. I found Drupal quite easy to get going with. Is short on templates but that seems to be changing. I like using the .info extension. Cheap to buy.

I am getting setup to start cranking out at least one a week for a while.

May be more than anyone ever wanted to know but what-da-hey.soap-box.ext.

BTW, I have around 40 more but some very ugly or non-paying or I just can't remember the names. Forgot about a basic 1 pager at www.thereversemortgage.net/

Last edited:
•••
Brilliant sites folks...

Good to see NPers getting out of the parking trap...

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Corey

•••
randomo said:
How do you get traffic to a two-word .info site that's less than 1 week old? (Did that domain have existing traffic?)
No you post it here at Namepros in a thread just like this :hehe:

•••
Harkster - that Ceramic Arts Index looks really good - if I might offer a suggestion, you might want to add a category for ceramics classes; I have a web client who runs a studio and offers classes in Los Angeles, and there's *tons* of them out there, there's a big market for it, plus a fair amount of Google advertising. It would probably be a useful and profitable addition to your site.

•••
pommyg said:
OK be gentle - developing is new to me -heres one of mine

Who'd have thought that someone would make a cutting board theme!

http://chopping.info
Like it. Wishing you great success.

•••
pommyg said:

I think it's a nice site - though 2 things:

1) Your article title seems awkward, maybe that phrase was intentionally chosen based on keyword research, but if not - I think you should rework it.

2) I noticed a punctuation mark (period) where there shouldn't be in 2nd paragraph: "unhygienic. and plastic boards"

Hope that helps!

•••
pommyg said:

Do you get any typos from "shopping" keyword?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back