Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol...backward statement is backward...lol

Funny watching experts give advice in this thread. Here's a tip for anyone who would like not to wade through the bullshit - offsite seo (or marketing if you prefer) will have more to do with your earning capacity than say, onsite seo (not saying it ain't important), having original or dupe content, or even the quality of your domain name.

just sayin'

The-Internet-is-Serious-Business.jpg

your favorite pic is not that funny

I would rather read why you use http://omninoggin.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-minify-wordpress-plugin/ and what the benefits are ?

The world of social media does add other elements but i will stand by my comment whether you call it b.s or not

Last edited:
•••
I liked the look of travellingstudents.com but you need to get some more content and fill the blank advertising spaces, should be able to do that via theme options, there should be some boxes for you to put the code in.

Worth adding a little content once a month to keep them fresh

Buy Claymore Mines ?????? ......LOL

Here is a google privacy policy generator

http://serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

I have added privacy policies to all minisites listed. I'm considering taking off the blank ad spaces for TravellingStudents though.

When I get more time, I might just add more content. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyway, for Claymore Mine, I was a bit hesitant to buy the domain name. It was until I realised the keyword attracted 4,400 exact searches and that I could monetise potential traffic by selling BB pellet Claymore mines (non-lethal wargame mines by Airsoft). We'll see how it does. :)

•••
•••
I have added privacy policies to all minisites listed. I'm considering taking off the blank ad spaces for TravellingStudents though.

When I get more time, I might just add more content. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyway, for Claymore Mine, I was a bit hesitant to buy the domain name. It was until I realised the keyword attracted 4,400 exact searches and that I could monetise potential traffic by selling BB pellet Claymore mines (non-lethal wargame mines by Airsoft). We'll see how it does. :)

I think travelling students has a lot of potential for travel affiliate programs and hotel bookings etc, even travel insurance quotes, destination ebooks, overseas study ....etc

Might be worth putting extra effort into

I guess if claymoremines gets traffic it may do ok as well ......keep us updated

•••
I think travelling students has a lot of potential for travel affiliate programs and hotel bookings etc, even travel insurance quotes, destination ebooks, overseas study ....etc

Might be worth putting extra effort into

I might look into getting UK related travel affiliates though.

'Travelling' is the British spelling of 'Traveling'. While most dictionaries accept both spelling nowadays, I'm incline to think that most keyword traffic from the British spelling would be from countries that follow British English.

I guess if claymoremines gets traffic it may do ok as well ......keep us updated

Will do so. ;)

•••
xara designer pro is that a template system ?

I also think fotolia is a good place , perhaps the best

I think the text needs to be justified and some key points made in bold or italic, i have read this help with seo and also the ocassional use of headings containing some key terms

Also interlinking all the sites, perhaps in the footer ?

forgot to say an image with inbuilt link and keyword reference file title , my site animalinsurance/com/au has lots of image ....all with keyword titles and interlinking to other parts of the site .....seems to add to seo

No, it's really a vector design program that happens to generate valid html, but there are a number of templates available. I have been using it for so long that I just do each one individually. They do have a separate program just for websites. It's worth taking a look at, they have free trials available.

I do internally link from page to page, just not from site to site, as I don't like to take any chances with my adsense account & policies. And I don;t want them to be to spammy looking.

Appreciate the points on the bold, italics and justification. Will have to go back and revisit them. Sometimes it's a bit late when I put them up :)

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

How many unique visitors do you get on these sites?

They are too new to bother checking. I usually put them up & let them bake for awhile before I even run any analytics. I know at least one was getting hundreds of 404s a day for bots searching for the pages it had when parked.

•••
•••
just a reminder of the first post made by the thread starter.

"Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance."

Cheers
Corey

•••
How does whoiscorey earn income >> the above mentions the use of adsense as an example of earning income. At least be honest if you are going to just dump a link

•••
Advertising partners are listed in the Privacy Policy

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hey barefoot put some adsense in there for her !
Or you will be banned ffrom dntrade ,,,, like me

•••
^ I chose not to monetise the site via adsense

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Hey barefoot put some adsense in there for her !
Or you will be banned ffrom dntrade ,,,, like me
WTF Are You SMOKIN' SpaceRoddy
It is NOT a Requirement to use ADSENSE on every site.
COREY makes her own decisions how to monetise her sites.

Why exactly are you so CONCERNED about the method of monetising that site?

Last edited:
•••
I just looked at it and wondered why it was here ......that's all

I want to see how people are making money, that's all

.... you have let my secret identity out of the bag now

Actually Feb 1st is the 6th anniversary of quitting dope and smokes on the same day

•••
Well loaded fast...look visually clean.
Since first time, I seen a QR code on a website. now I know where to put one (learned something that I was to shy to ask lol)!

Also wondering..is there a reason why the "search box" is in the footer?

Nice site, wish it was mine!

Thanks for the feedback about www.whoiscorey.com The Search box is where it is due to balance and practicality.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
I went to whoiscorey.com

I saw this question/link:

what-have-you-done-today-to-make-you-feel-proud-.html

Unfortunately, nothing.
That's quite disappointing.
I've got 3 hours to make that change today. Wish me luck.

The only real question I have on your site is why you have Namepros listed on a par with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors!

I do think the search box should be in a more "natural" position if you think you need to keep it. It doesn't make any sense where it us from a user perspective. I don't know why it would create a balance issue.

Do you like using Joomla! ?

•••
Someone PLEASE tell me how this is not trolling!

http://www.namepros.com/TOS.html#faq_site_rules

Dude you were saying how good a site is that was obviously not meant to be here , that's why i questioned the validity of it

Nothing to do with trolling , i have been involved in this thread for a longtime and to my knowledge always demonstrated a money earing minisites as examples .....as the op was asking for.

Quite simple anything else is bullshit and it seems you are just as keen to keep things going.

•••
I just looked at it and wondered why it was here ......that's all

I want to see how people are making money, that's all

.... you have let my secret identity out of the bag now

Actually Feb 1st is the 6th anniversary of quitting dope and smokes on the same day

Congats on quitting man. 2 years here.

•••
Congats on quitting man. 2 years here.

It was not easy but cold turkey is the only way and at the end of it all because some of the dreams i had were so trippy i ended writing an ebook

The harlem cafe ....... and guess what its part of a minisite designed to make a few bucks via book sales

I wonder if anyone else has a site based around an ebook or normal book .......... Love to know

Thanks phil, keep up the good work!

You only get one innings and quitting the smokes and other stuff only prelongs it, of course i still enjoy a beer twice a week

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

As a peace offering checkout this site where there are a shipload of free wordpress templates

Wordpress Templates

Last edited:
•••
deleted by me!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back