advice Feeling Insulted

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
2,657
I have never felt this stupid and insulted in my life.
I hand registered a domain 10 November 2017 parked it with bodis.com and decided to watch traffic. The domain is a city.tld (name removed) and after noticing the traffic from America I decided to do outbound 2 weeks ago, contacted end users I feel would benefit from this domain.
In less than an hour one of them replied asking for the price and so I made some enquiries with some np members: @Jurgen Wolf, @jide ofor asking for the best price so I don't call a silly price as I usually do and miss the sale. After consultation I replied the young man with a HIGH $××× bit left room for negotiation. He replied back in less than 10 min that he was thinking of $500 which would have been fine by me. However I didn't want to accept immediately so I told him we'do come down by $200 since it wasn't in his budget and I contacted him but he didn't reply.

Gave him 3 days break and contacted him again that I've not heard from him that if he was still interested we will consider his offer and he should decide which payment plan is fine by him: PayPal, escrow or payoneer escrow... no reply.

I had a feeling he stopped replying possibly because he realised I was contacting him from Nigeria. I even sent a mail telling him I'd transfer the domain to him first if he wants then he pays after he receives it but he'd have to open a name.com account..... no reply... So I stopped felt maybe week days wasn't his thing..

At the weekend again I contacted him asking what his concern was that if he changes his mind I'd list the domain on afternic.com & Godaddy explaining that it is a domain market place.... voila!!! He replied that godaddy is good however his budget is $100 I countered and he agreed to pay $300 asking for how to proceed with godaddy (this is the saddest part: I tried listing it on godaddy and realised the tld .pro wasn't accepted there so I contacted buyer telling him that he should use afternic as it is a godaddy marketplace even given him how to search for the relationship between afternic and godaddy and so he stopped replying...

I was working extra hours at work and decided to give it one last try and if he didn't reply I would strike him off my list and so I contacted him and he replied saying he scared he would get scammed that he'd prefer I call him if I am legit... immediately I picked up my office line and called him introduced myself that it's been me mailing him all this while and he didn't allow me to finish before he asked that what country code was this and I told him Nigeria and he said "no no no f*** off" and ended the call. I called back and he has barred my number. So I sent him a mail that if he felt scammed already he shouldn't have told me to call and I would respect his decision and so I greeted him farewell......

I was so embarrassed... why did he not say from the on set. Why did he say I should call him? So it's a crime course we are Nigeria? I receive many mails from Americans claiming they are forex agents and crypto *** I choose not to reply... I don't insult or treat them badly. I feel highly disappointed at the way an educated guy would act in such an unruly manner......
 
28
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think the best solution is create a company name, create a website and use the corporative email for Paypal.
I mean not use own name, but company name.
Or use escrow.
There is no another solution.
"Nigeria" doesnt sound trustfully for business.
 
2
•••
Sorry about your story bro. You can't blame the buyer either. This is the bad situation we find ourselves. Paypal has refused us the opportunity to receive money, the rate of cyber crime is increasing every day, and the reputation of my dear country NIGERIA is deteriorating every day.

Just move on bro. And like what happened to you and Jide ofor, I think the best thing is to have an American friend here that can help us close deals.

I've sent countless of mails myself with no response from the target audience. I am suspecting it's because of this country issue.

Anyway, all the best to you bro
 
3
•••
@pokainc @Jv1999
He didn't reduce the price to $200 but by $200. He said he sent the buyer High $xxx but he wanted to pay $500 so, he reduced the initial price by $200 which probably still makes his price higher than the buyer's $500.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Sorry about your ordeal... Finger burnt but lesson learnt....
Just fake it till you make it.
Point should be you remain honest in your dealings.

#Naija needs thorough cleansing.
 
1
•••
If girl can't dance, she says the band can't play.

He had doubts long before you told him your country of residence.

You only confirmed his fears after you told him.

Work on your reputation on the internet. What do I find when I google your name or company.
People always forget this part.

 
Last edited:
5
•••
I have been trying to get myself a US phone number after my recent experience which almost failed EXCEPT @xynames had to save it for me. I see why I lost over $4000 worth of domain sales this year and I don't want that next year, though I may likely do little domaining next year as I am aggressively pushing for a new business initiative and model that will pay me more than domains.

Google voice only works for US residents... any alternatives will be appreciated anyone have a good suggestion on how to resolve this US phone number and Address? Please help.

Sad to hear about it but don't take it personally. Remember, better plans ahead.

For the US number, have you tried Twilio? It's paid but pretty cheap.
 
1
•••
I wouldn't buy anything from a Nigerian over the phone either. Sorry but Nigeria is the most famous country in the world for its scammers, and their number 1 target is Americans and the British.

Best stick to established marketplaces, direct buyers to sedo, afternic or similar.
 
0
•••
I have been trying to get myself a US phone number after my recent experience which almost failed EXCEPT @xynames had to save it for me. I see why I lost over $4000 worth of domain sales this year and I don't want that next year, though I may likely do little domaining next year as I am aggressively pushing for a new business initiative and model that will pay me more than domains.

Google voice only works for US residents... any alternatives will be appreciated anyone have a good suggestion on how to resolve this US phone number and Address? Please help.


try kall8.com
 
0
•••
I'd never use a us line or address as I feel it's dishonest...Imo.... I'd just list names and better still direct them to a market place


get a TOLL FREE number at kall8.com
and tell him to call you for free
whenever he has time to talk
 
1
•••
Another choice for you : Using Uniregistry Landing Page plus Sales services. All offers will be replied by Uniregistry's sales team. But you must pay them 5-10% fees. But honestly, i will do it myself.

no sorry Georg
thats bad advice
 
0
•••
@frank-germany
the problem is not american phone number.
I am sure he has a specific accent.
the problem is the country and you cant change here nothing.
the only one solution is work with somebody or build a decent website to avoid potencial buyer think about scam.
people preffer mail and not phone call, if somebody asks to call it is the sign he doesnt trust you.
if the website will be trustful nobody will ask to call.
 
2
•••
I'm sitting back to review my strategy nd then try a new method. In respect to having a website I just gave 30 names or more... do you think it's enough for a website? Opinion please
 
1
•••
@frank-germany
the problem is not american phone number.
I am sure he has a specific accent.
the problem is the country and you cant change here nothing.
the only one solution is work with somebody or build a decent website to avoid potencial buyer think about scam.
people preffer mail and not phone call, if somebody asks to call it is the sign he doesnt trust you.
if the website will be trustful nobody will ask to call.

I bet a lot of people within USA have the same accent
 
0
•••
I'm sitting back to review my strategy nd then try a new method. In respect to having a website I just gave 30 names or more... do you think it's enough for a website? Opinion please


use epik
you won't have to deal with anybody
they sell
you collect the money
 
0
•••
Kk
 
0
•••
0
•••
I'm sitting back to review my strategy nd then try a new method. In respect to having a website I just gave 30 names or more... do you think it's enough for a website? Opinion please
It is enough
 
0
•••
0
•••
It'd be my project for my domain business model next year
make something simple, but use CORPORATIVE look.
search any wp theme, beter premium one, but with CORPORATIVE look
 
2
•••
2. The Always Suspicious
The suspicious person is controlled by fear on some level which makes the establishment of rapport difficult.

How To Win Them:
A Paraphrase and Calibrated Questions may be in order. By using these techniques in this fashion, you are identifying the trust issues and refocusing them on the underlying cause of their suspicion.

“You seem to be having a problem trusting me and my company. What can I do to allay some of your concerns?”

http://blog.blackswanltd.com/the-ed...over?utm_campaign=4 Types of Difficult People
 
2
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back