IT.COM

advice Feeling Insulted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
I have never felt this stupid and insulted in my life.
I hand registered a domain 10 November 2017 parked it with bodis.com and decided to watch traffic. The domain is a city.tld (name removed) and after noticing the traffic from America I decided to do outbound 2 weeks ago, contacted end users I feel would benefit from this domain.
In less than an hour one of them replied asking for the price and so I made some enquiries with some np members: @Jurgen Wolf, @jide ofor asking for the best price so I don't call a silly price as I usually do and miss the sale. After consultation I replied the young man with a HIGH $××× bit left room for negotiation. He replied back in less than 10 min that he was thinking of $500 which would have been fine by me. However I didn't want to accept immediately so I told him we'do come down by $200 since it wasn't in his budget and I contacted him but he didn't reply.

Gave him 3 days break and contacted him again that I've not heard from him that if he was still interested we will consider his offer and he should decide which payment plan is fine by him: PayPal, escrow or payoneer escrow... no reply.

I had a feeling he stopped replying possibly because he realised I was contacting him from Nigeria. I even sent a mail telling him I'd transfer the domain to him first if he wants then he pays after he receives it but he'd have to open a name.com account..... no reply... So I stopped felt maybe week days wasn't his thing..

At the weekend again I contacted him asking what his concern was that if he changes his mind I'd list the domain on afternic.com & Godaddy explaining that it is a domain market place.... voila!!! He replied that godaddy is good however his budget is $100 I countered and he agreed to pay $300 asking for how to proceed with godaddy (this is the saddest part: I tried listing it on godaddy and realised the tld .pro wasn't accepted there so I contacted buyer telling him that he should use afternic as it is a godaddy marketplace even given him how to search for the relationship between afternic and godaddy and so he stopped replying...

I was working extra hours at work and decided to give it one last try and if he didn't reply I would strike him off my list and so I contacted him and he replied saying he scared he would get scammed that he'd prefer I call him if I am legit... immediately I picked up my office line and called him introduced myself that it's been me mailing him all this while and he didn't allow me to finish before he asked that what country code was this and I told him Nigeria and he said "no no no f*** off" and ended the call. I called back and he has barred my number. So I sent him a mail that if he felt scammed already he shouldn't have told me to call and I would respect his decision and so I greeted him farewell......

I was so embarrassed... why did he not say from the on set. Why did he say I should call him? So it's a crime course we are Nigeria? I receive many mails from Americans claiming they are forex agents and crypto *** I choose not to reply... I don't insult or treat them badly. I feel highly disappointed at the way an educated guy would act in such an unruly manner......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is impossible not to recognize african, indian, chinese and russian accents

yes but you can't tell where they are located

•••
With your recent ordeal, I was moved to creating a simple website for my domain business with a link to my undeveloped.com landing page. Website is buyurldomain.com

•••
yes but you can't tell where they are located
Doesnt matter where he lives, if he still has accent that mean he is nigerian, not US or UK born citizen, even if he lives there.

•••
This is business - no need for harm feelings. Wish him a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :xf.grin:
haha I had to scour the whole thread for this particular post.
Just sent this to the CEO of a company right now.
Merry Christmas y'all.

•••
Best of luck with selling. I have sold only a couple and self negotiated I now regret it (and Ive lost a few great ones). Some buyers prefer to buy privately. One name is now offline to the public.. Anyway, I now use Cax, Sedo, Flippa or other You will probably get the most interest on Sedo and if it is of high value you can try contacting a domain broker or putting it in a premium auction. Don't accept less than it's worth!
If you get interest or people approach you keep it!
;)

•••
2. The Always Suspicious
The suspicious person is controlled by fear on some level which makes the establishment of rapport difficult.

How To Win Them:
A Paraphrase and Calibrated Questions may be in order. By using these techniques in this fashion, you are identifying the trust issues and refocusing them on the underlying cause of their suspicion.

“You seem to be having a problem trusting me and my company. What can I do to allay some of your concerns?”

http://blog.blackswanltd.com/the-edge/4-types-of-difficult-people-and-how-to-win-them-over?utm_campaign=4 Types of Difficult People
i did say that and that led to the godaddy search issue

•••
So finally he bought the domain or he disappeared entirely from the scenario Mr.Bonsu @Bonsu ?

•••
Thought i should share my sale here instead of opening a new thread. I followed the great advice of all here and did outbound on a $5 closeout domain name (my first ever closeout purchase) that hit my account new year's eve. Did outbound on Thursday and priced my domain @ $995 on godaddy however quoted a slightly higher price to the buyer. He (President of the company) felt it was to much and that they were not interested. So i thanked him and said if they change their mind they can go to godaddy and buy the name as i'd list the domain at half the quoted price $579.
The President replied later that he searched godaddy and so that the name was listed at $995 as opposed to the price in my mail. So i told him i'd change it to $579 reminding him that the offer is valid till Sunday 23:59. and 20 minutes later he sent me a mail that he just grabbed it. He said he never thought about it until i called their attention to the domain. i advised him to use the domain name for their email as they currently use [email protected]
So i am happy to have tried the format of linking the domain to a marketplace.
@ategy thought the name was crap but now i am happy to start the year with a sale:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
Thanks NAMEPROS

•••
Thought i should share my sale here instead of opening a new thread. I followed the great advice of all here and did outbound on a $5 closeout domain name (my first ever closeout purchase) that hit my account new year's eve. Did outbound on Thursday and priced my domain @ $995 on godaddy however quoted a slightly higher price to the buyer. He (President of the company) felt it was to much and that they were not interested. So i thanked him and said if they change their mind they can go to godaddy and buy the name as i'd list the domain at half the quoted price $579.
The President replied later that he searched godaddy and so that the name was listed at $995 as opposed to the price in my mail. So i told him i'd change it to $579 reminding him that the offer is valid till Sunday 23:59. and 20 minutes later he sent me a mail that he just grabbed it. He said he never thought about it until i called their attention to the domain. i advised him to use the domain name for their email as they currently use [email protected]
@ategy thought the name was crap but now i am happy to start the year with a sale:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
Thanks NAMEPROS
Great Work Bonsu! Keep going don't relax :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Great to go Bonsu! Hard work never fails! Keep rocking man!

•••
Listing the domain on reputable third party sites is a good move.
People may be suspicious of strangers, but they will trust Nodaddy :)

•••
Listing the domain on reputable third party sites is a good move.
People may be suspicious of strangers, but they will trust Nodaddy :)
Nodaddy! LMAO

•••
Thanks NAMEPROS
Oga congratulations oo. But this your story is not complete oo. How many CEOs did you contacted? Where did you find you leads and their emails? Did you really use Federer's email template?

Please she'd more light on those

•••
Thanks NAMEPROS
Congratulations (y)

•••
Oga congratulations oo. But this your story is not complete oo. How many CEOs did you contacted? Where did you find you leads and their emails? Did you really use Federer's email template?
I had 21 potential endures and I contacted 8 before this reply.
I found the email on company website and I just used Federer's $579 as he said he makes quick sale with it and it worked

Please she'd more light on those

•••
•••
•••
Congrats buddy... above all don't forget what made the name sold.. use it sell the next!

•••
Congrats Bonsu.

Hope you grab more sales.

Thanks NAMEPROS

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back