Dynadot

Is This End User Withdrawing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Friends,

I need help, possibly to handle this situation and if there is a professional American that can help me save this, I will really appreciate it.

I reached out to an end user, a couple of them before settling, and he first offered $500 but I counted and he came higher to $800 which I accepted.

He agreed to send me his godaddy account details on Monday so that I can transfer the domain name to him but failed to do that and so I reminded him on Monday. He said he was out of office and promised to do it on Tuesday. He then requested for my wire account, which I gave.

The plan was to transfer to his company before payment.

The problem now is that since I gave him the details for the transfer and it was stated there that the bank is located in Nigeria. No response from him ever since that day. All emails sent has not be answered but read.

He has read all and he wouldn't reply any but prior to sending my account details, he responded well.

I have suggested escrow, suggested transferring first and he has been unresponsive.

What should I do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update, and I let jideofor know this too, I finally actually spoke with the buyer on his cell phone. He was very nice to me, and said that he got spooked because jideofor in his emails was "acting weird, writing too much, and giving what he considered to be strange instructions for how to do the sale." Those are the buyer's words, not mine.

I can't really say that this had to do with "Nigeria" because the buyer, who is in Texas, is a foreigner himself.

Anyway, buyer says that he wasn't even buying it for himself, it was for a business associate of his who had asked him to get the domain for him, where this domain name that jideofor has, is an exact match to that guy's business. Buyer gave me this guy's cell phone and said I should call him, even said to go ahead and quote much higher than $800., that the guy might pay that.

So anyway, I did call him and talked to him, and when he asked me how much for the domain, I went ahead and said, $1000. just trying to be conservative because I had a feeling...and my feeling was right, lol, because the guy started saying, No! no! no! I can get it for $800.

So of course I realized then and there that jideofar had already contacted this guy too, so I just said, "Well, 800, 1000, no difference, sure if you want to pay $800. I'll do it."

So anyway, the guy says he will discuss it with his partners and get back to me. Added that he doesn't really need the domain, because he already has the exact name in another extension, or some such, wasn't clear to me exactly what he meant. This guy is a foreigner too, a little hard to understand, but a nice guy and we got along fine.

Anyway, my involvement here is based on a gentleman's understanding with jideofar. Normally when I broker a domain I set up certain standard terms, all agreed to before I even start, with a written contract. That's really the only way to do it, otherwise you end up spinning your wheels while the owner of the domain sells it out from under you and you get nothing.

So, I might end up having done all this for nothing, but then I don't really get much of anything even if the sale does goes through, but at this point it's about perseverance and that I like to finish what I start, so if I can help get this through for jideofor, I will!

Thanks bro. It means a lot to me. The guy should have explained to me that he was getting it for a business associate. He went cold after asking for bank details which revealed my location and he was the one that said he can't go beyond $800.

I didn't want to lost the sale and because I had let other guys know that someone else had offered $800 and if they want it, they will have to come to $1000 or above that but I didn't hear back. I NEVER knew they were working together lol.

But all the same, thanks so much.

Last edited:
•••
The deal has been closed and the buyer paid. It wasn't easy, had to take it easy with this buyer because I sensed that he was the type who would back off if presented with a hard sell.

Anyway, after a couple of phone calls and more than a few phone texts, he bought the domain. In the end he got us down on the price a couple hundred dollars, and then refused to do the transaction except through GoDaddy/Afternic, even though I explained that we would lose 20% on the deal there versus direct escrow. He said that he was "comfortable" doing it there because he had a GoDaddy account, and rather than rock the boat and lose the sale, that is the way we did the deal.

So in the end poor Jideofor didn't get a lot compared to the original price done directly through escrow, but this particular buyer already had the exact domain in .com except without the s - he had the singular versus the plural that he bought from us - so really he didn't even need this domain he just bought it because the plural was better.

I was happy to have helped Jideofar, and he is kind enough to give me something for doing the deal.

•••
Congrats to buyer, seller and broker.

•••
The deal has been closed and the buyer paid. It wasn't easy, had to take it easy with this buyer because I sensed that he was the type who would back off if presented with a hard sell.

Anyway, after a couple of phone calls and more than a few phone texts, he bought the domain. In the end he got us down on the price a couple hundred dollars, and then refused to do the transaction except through GoDaddy/Afternic, even though I explained that we would lose 20% on the deal there versus direct escrow. He said that he was "comfortable" doing it there because he had a GoDaddy account, and rather than rock the boat and lose the sale, that is the way we did the deal.

So in the end poor Jideofor didn't get a lot compared to the original price done directly through escrow, but this particular buyer already had the exact domain in .com except without the s - he had the singular versus the plural that he bought from us - so really he didn't even need this domain he just bought it because the plural was better.

I was happy to have helped Jideofar, and he is kind enough to give me something for doing the deal.
Thanks bro. It means a lot. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Thanks for helping out and congratulations to Jideofor

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back