Domain Empire

Is This End User Withdrawing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Friends,

I need help, possibly to handle this situation and if there is a professional American that can help me save this, I will really appreciate it.

I reached out to an end user, a couple of them before settling, and he first offered $500 but I counted and he came higher to $800 which I accepted.

He agreed to send me his godaddy account details on Monday so that I can transfer the domain name to him but failed to do that and so I reminded him on Monday. He said he was out of office and promised to do it on Tuesday. He then requested for my wire account, which I gave.

The plan was to transfer to his company before payment.

The problem now is that since I gave him the details for the transfer and it was stated there that the bank is located in Nigeria. No response from him ever since that day. All emails sent has not be answered but read.

He has read all and he wouldn't reply any but prior to sending my account details, he responded well.

I have suggested escrow, suggested transferring first and he has been unresponsive.

What should I do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
do you think it is wise to call on Sunday? I think that should be left till Monday I guess.

Holidays here in the US. Give him a few days, while you think of a way to assure him your an honest seller.

If the name isn't listed at SEDO.com, their escrow / transfer service is reliable and inexpensive.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Bros,Escrow option from day one or link to BIN in any of the popular markets is the only solution to this. That erases any form of doubts irrespective of sellers location. Good luck

•••
Bros,Escrow option from day one or link to BIN in any of the popular markets is the only solution to this. That erases any form of doubts irrespective of sellers location. Good luck

It should not erase any form of doubt from a buyers mind. You can still buy a stolen domain through any of the major marketplaces or using Escrow. This is the reason it CAN be a solution to use a broker that is willing to stake his professional reputation (if he has any) on that it is a legitimate sale. In the end it comes down to trust, if you dont trust the seller dont go through with it. Escrow or not.

•••
It should not erase any form of doubt from a buyers mind. You can still buy a stolen domain through any of the major marketplaces or using Escrow. This is the reason it CAN be a solution to use a broker that is willing to stake his professional reputation (if he has any) on that it is a legitimate sale. In the end it comes down to trust, if you dont trust the seller dont go through with it. Escrow or not.

He does not understand bro. to add to what you just stated, buyer might even think I stole the name like you stated or I could hack his account if he gave me the details i requested for.

•••
He does not understand bro. to add to what you just stated, buyer might even think I stole the name like you stated or I could hack his account if he gave me the details i requested for.
Its alright

•••
•••
Did you get a hold of him on the phone?

•••
Did you get a hold of him on the phone?
xynames is helping but no luck yet. He didn't respond to his emails either. i take the blame. I messed up.

•••
xynames is helping but no luck yet. He didn't respond to his emails either. i take the blame. I messed up.
Thing like this happen bro. But guess what? They make us stronger

•••
•••
How far bro? Any good news?

•••
•••
i take the blame. I messed up.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Sure, you may have delayed the sale, or lost out on it, but you've learnt from this experience.

It isn't your fault that the buy has a prejudiced of people from other countries.

A lot of respect to you, doing what you're doing and battling the stigma that is attached with being from your country.

Keep at it.

•••
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Sure, you may have delayed the sale, or lost out on it, but you've learnt from this experience.

It isn't your fault that the buy has a prejudiced of people from other countries.

A lot of respect to you, doing what you're doing and battling the stigma that is attached with being from your country.

Keep at it.

Thanks for the kind words... I just have to look for a way to conceal my ID.

•••
Thanks for the kind words... I just have to look for a way to conceal my ID.
It seems like you're doing great.

As others have mentioned, just use an escrow service, which I can see that you have said you have signed up for.

Wishing you the best in business.

•••
•••
I was helping jideofor I made both phone call and emails buyer dodged all attempts spoke to his secretary - he wouldn’t take the call - secretary asked what it was about asked my name took my number went back and forth with the buyer and after a couple of pauses - said he would call back did not. Had already emailed the buyer before the call he knew who I was and why I was calling. Even set up a new escrow with me as broker - buyer wouldn’t even get back with a courtesy yes or no. His secretary ascertained that I was a US person calling from a US location and fact that buyer asked his secretary to find this out gives insight into his state of mind and thinking but in any case - no go.

Been making sales calls since I was a kid I know what to do this guy didn’t want to talk to anyone.

So, either he was spooked before I got involved or wasn’t a serious buyer to begin with.

Last edited:
•••
Last ditch option is to transfer your domain to name silo or epik. There epik charges 0 commission. You can set up a BIN listing and email the buyer with the sales link.

After that you can withdraw your money at 5% fee using PayPal, bank transfer or bitcoin

•••
Maybe but he has to leave the WhoIs correct and it’ll still show Nigeria. Domains with private WhoIs don’t sell as well or easily.

•••
I was helping jideofor I made both phone call and emails buyer dodged all attempts spoke to his secretary - he wouldn’t take the call - secretary asked what it was about asked my name took my number went back and forth with the buyer and after a couple of pauses - said he would call back did not. Had already emailed the buyer before the call he knew who I was and why I was calling. Even set up a new escrow with me as broker - buyer wouldn’t even get back with a courtesy yes or no. His secretary ascertained that I was a US person calling from a US location and fact that buyer asked his secretary to find this out gives insight into his state of mind and thinking but in any case - no go.

Been making sales calls since I was a kid I know what to do this guy didn’t want to talk to anyone.

So, either he was spooked before I got involved or wasn’t a serious buyer to begin with.
Thanks for helping out. Glad to hear that. I just want to believe he's not a serious buyer. Period.

•••
Update, and I let jideofor know this too, I finally actually spoke with the buyer on his cell phone. He was very nice to me, and said that he got spooked because jideofor in his emails was "acting weird, writing too much, and giving what he considered to be strange instructions for how to do the sale." Those are the buyer's words, not mine.

I can't really say that this had to do with "Nigeria" because the buyer, who is in Texas, is a foreigner himself.

Anyway, buyer says that he wasn't even buying it for himself, it was for a business associate of his who had asked him to get the domain for him, where this domain name that jideofor has, is an exact match to that guy's business. Buyer gave me this guy's cell phone and said I should call him, even said to go ahead and quote much higher than $800., that the guy might pay that.

So anyway, I did call him and talked to him, and when he asked me how much for the domain, I went ahead and said, $1000. just trying to be conservative because I had a feeling...and my feeling was right, lol, because the guy started saying, No! no! no! I can get it for $800.

So of course I realized then and there that jideofar had already contacted this guy too, so I just said, "Well, 800, 1000, no difference, sure if you want to pay $800. I'll do it."

So anyway, the guy says he will discuss it with his partners and get back to me. Added that he doesn't really need the domain, because he already has the exact name in another extension, or some such, wasn't clear to me exactly what he meant. This guy is a foreigner too, a little hard to understand, but a nice guy and we got along fine.

Anyway, my involvement here is based on a gentleman's understanding with jideofar. Normally when I broker a domain I set up certain standard terms, all agreed to before I even start, with a written contract. That's really the only way to do it, otherwise you end up spinning your wheels while the owner of the domain sells it out from under you and you get nothing.

So, I might end up having done all this for nothing, but then I don't really get much of anything even if the sale does goes through, but at this point it's about perseverance and that I like to finish what I start, so if I can help get this through for jideofor, I will!

Last edited:
•••
Mehn! I want to TAP from your "never die" spirit. This is simply incredible!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back