Domain Empire

$50 Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I contacted this dude and we agreed to $50 for the name. As Nigerian, Paypal isn't fully functional over here. I hard to look for way to receive the money via paypal and didn't message him for a few days.

Then I got an email from hims saying he is losing trust because I have not replied him nor transfer the name.

I told him that paypal isnt functional in Nigeria and that I was looking for a friend that would help me receive the money. Well when I got someone, I transferred the name to him and he confessed he has gotten the domain and appeared surprised that I could trust him to send the name. He also confess that I was the first to do such and seemed excited. With feeling in the air, I thought he would prompt the payment immediately but sadly, that was the last I heard from him.

He had been replying with his iphone right from start and there is no way he hasn't read my emails. The dude is based in US.

After I noticed that he wasnt replying I told him that since he doesn't want to pay, I wish him well with name. However, I will drop his ID after some days so that others can avoid him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold a robot domain last year to a Chinese guy. I pushed the name to him and he paid me after via wire transfer. No headaches. No worries...

Admit you are wrong for delaying payment man.

•••
This is far from a typical or even normal situation. If someone would ask me to make payment to a third party not on the whois record, I wouldn't pay either. $50 or $1000.

•••
The problem here is Nigerian paypal account can not receive fund which is why the seller wanted to use another person paypal account to obtain the money.

Jahfree scamming has to do with personalty and not the nationality, besides, there are more us domain scammers than Nigerian.

•••
I shouldn't really get involved but just out of curiosity, did you send Jahfee the plural by mistake?

I personally wouldn't pay a third party either. Was the request to pay a third party made after the domain was pushed?

You both have decent post counts, but this deal seems too shady for me.

Just cause the seller has done transactions like this before does not mean it is the right way of doing business.

Last edited:
•••
I shouldn't really get involved but just out of curiosity, did you send Jahfee the plural by mistake?

I personally wouldn't pay a third party either. Was the request to pay a third party made after the domain was pushed?

You both have decent post counts, but this deal seems too shady for me.

Just cause the seller has done transactions like this before does not mean it is the right way of doing business.
At the emboldened, here is what happened. Yes the request was after the domain push. Did he expect me to have lied to him that I own the paypal email? Come on.

We agreed for TransferCoin.com and I asked him if he would like to buy other coin domains. He said he would like to have look. I asked him if he likes TransferCoins.com and he said he doesn't want coins name but ONLY coin name. I didn't bother him but said I thought he would like it.

However, I kept silent while trying to look for away to receive the money. Then he complained that I had promised to send him "coin" name but offering him coins name. He said I promised to send a list and I didn't send him any.

I had to explain that I was looking for a way to receive the funds because I am in Nigeria and our paypal is not allowed to receive funds. I clearly explained that is the reason why he hadn't heard from me. I sincerely apologised at that point.

Then looking at the whole whole thing, I decided to TRANSFER the domain (TransferCoin.com) to him WITHOUT payment. do you know what that means? He expressed his appreciation that I could TRUST him for sending him the domain without first receiving payment from him. He even claimed I was the FIRST guy to ever do such.

He then told me to let him know when I get the paypal ish sorted out. I sent him a paypal email to pay into... and that was the last I ever heard from him.

Now my question is, having received the domain name, did he expect me to still be the one to contact him or tell him the right thing to do?

Courtesy demand, in the world of trading whatever commodity desired, that you make payment for goods or services received right?

Alas, I never heard for this guy ever since that day. He didn't tell me to give him time whatsoever to transfer the domain blah blah... he never explained anything to me. Absolutely NOTHING from him.

I am a guy who love to communicate with whoever I am doing business with. Communication makes people feel safe and secured while building relationship. If he had at least said something in that time frame, would I have come on here to create thread over just $50?

As I type this, I have a $1420 deal currently pending payment. Initially the buyer was somewhat reluctant to show up, maybe cause of shame or something after much long waiting for the payment. He some how summoned courage and told me why he hasn't been able to make the payment. I am human and I felt for him. I told him I understand perfectly what he is going through and therefore, I told the sedo rep to extend the payment date. The buyer was surprised and really thanked me for understanding. I had to let him know that next time, he should just open up and communicate. He thanked me profusely and said some others wouldn't understand and he promised to do his best to pay. He even explained a bit of his problem and I encourage him to push on that he will make it. You See? We have built a relationship over time. Would such a person not want to do business with me next time?

Despite all the time he spent writing epistle, a time that he could have carefully used to send the money, no payment as at the time of writing this. At least, this is now in public knowledge and if I revoke the domain, wouldn't he or everyone hold me responsible for that? Wouldn't that have served as a way to hold me accountable if anything goes wrong?

•••
So did jahfree pay you.. did the deal complete.
I cant believe how can fellow members behave with each other this way..
just get over with it..

•••
So did jahfree pay you.. did the deal complete.
I cant believe how can fellow members behave with each other this way..
just get over with it..
As at the time of writing this, no email from him giving date of when to pay... nor any notification of payment.

•••
If this had been a Nigerian doing this, I am sure the whole WORLD would have said ... "yeah, it's typical of them, they are known for scamming people" lol.

•••
jideofor

You have 1200 messages and been a NP member since 2009 and you're a VIP apparently so I'm assuming you know what you are doing in this game. You should be fully aware of your own Paypal situation with a backup solution to hand BEFORE considering any deals with anyone else.

You pushed the domain to someone and expected payment before payment terms were confirmed. Given you already knew that your payment circumstances were not straight forward. You only have yourself to blame when things don't work out as expected.

Personally I have no sympathy for you from what I have heard so far. I'm not a veteran, but I am someone who will take no sh*t in business transactions.

MODS - Please retitle this thread to something more appropriate as the OP seems to have no clue what he's doing apart from creating trouble. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
As at the time of writing this, no email from him giving date of when to pay... nor any notification of payment.

I am in the middle of transferring the domain to a different register, to insure the seller can't revoke the domain. Then i will pay, but the seller FORCED me into a position where i could NOT pay seller directly and he could easily scam me, so i am waiting till the transfer is complete.

You have sent him the domain and then demanded payment from him to a third party, which is highly suspect and unprofessional. He has already addressed you yesterday and confirmed that he will pay after he covers himself from this transaction potentially being reversed.

As you forced this deal, by sending the domain to him without his approval, he has every right to take his time.

•••
It's okay guys. No problem. Do you have better way for a Nigerian to receive payment of $50? Tell me if it's something I could learn.

•••
It's okay guys. No problem. Do you have better way for a Nigerian to receive payment of $50? Tell me if it's something I could learn.

This is something you need to figure out. If you need help, feel free to create another thread asking for it and perhaps some bright spark might assist you finding better way.

Who knows, there might be other people in your same situation, who have been there, done that....

•••
You have sent him the domain and then demanded payment from him to a third party, which is highly suspect and unprofessional. He has already addressed you yesterday and confirmed that he will pay after he covers himself from this transaction potentially being reversed.

As you forced this deal, by sending the domain to him without his approval, he has every right to take his time.
Stop talking trash please... I he didn't approve it, how did I get the Godaddy account details to push the domain name? I don't care how you guys try to twist things... I have done my end of the deal and he should do his. How long does it take to transfer a domain to another registrar?

•••
You should know this already, about 2-7 days. So instead of creating a thread on NP shouting SCAM why don't you give him some breathing room.

•••
jideofor

You have 1200 messages and been a NP member since 2009 and you're a VIP apparently so I'm assuming you know what you are doing in this game. You should be fully aware of your own Paypal situation with a backup solution to hand BEFORE considering any deals with anyone else.

You pushed the domain to someone and expected payment before payment terms were confirmed. Given you already knew that your payment circumstances were not straight forward. You only have yourself to blame when things don't work out as expected.

Personally I have no sympathy for you from what I have heard so far. I'm not a veteran, but I am someone who will take no sh*t in business transactions.

MODS - Please retitle this thread to something more appropriate as the OP seems to have no clue what he's doing apart from creating trouble. Thanks.
I don't need your sympathy. Would you be happy to transfer a domain to someone and not hear Anything from him for over 4 days and only for him to show up on here claiming he is trying to transfer the name to another registrar blah blah

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
If he didn't like the idea of using a 3rd party's paypal, why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he just explained to me? Why did it take the creation of a thread to get him to SAY something? I am asking you Mr defender in person of HoloShopDotCo? You didn't see anything wrong for him to have kept quiet for days without responding to my numerous emails trying to establish a communication channel but you saw wrong for me to have used a 3rd party's email, which he was even aware of prior to receiving the domain and NEVER objected to?

•••
I'm only going on what I have heard in this public thread. You have yelled SCAM between yourself another NP member. I have every right to air my opinion. If you want to continue to make threats, please do. I'll continue to report them.
Fine... It's your opinion and let me have mine. Besides, I NEVER knew he was a member on here, did I?

•••
He said something about your email going into his SPAM folder, that being said, in your defence, if I were in the middle of a transaction and haven't heard from the seller in a day or two, the first place I'd check would be my SPAM folder. But of course people are different, and work in different ways. Perhaps he'll chime in and answer you directly. I'm going only by what's in this thread.

I get your point that he didn't reply to you and I understand you didn't realise he was even a member here.

You do get the point he is making regarding paying a third-party person. If the seller went to the registrar after the deal and said "Hey I haven't been paid" he could potential ask the registrar to pull back the domain. And when the buyer produces evidence - all he has is paying some third party guy. Which side you think the registrar will take at that point? That's the point he's making and most people who do business online will take as many precautionary steps as possible.

Of course he should have told you that in an email. Again he may chime to clear that up.

Hopefully he will finish the transfer and sent payment soon for both your sakes and you guys can put this deal behind you.

Last edited:
•••
Your email only said one thing: " let me know when you make payment"

30+ emails all the same..(in 3 days). Identical. Hence why it ended up in my spam.

I didn't let you know I was transferring the name because I didn't want you to revoke your 'push' before I transferred out . Basically I didn't want to show my cards because I assumed you were a scammer.

You are an aggressive and angry seller who uses intimidation and force. Hence your attitude and actions. This is the main reason why I don't trust you.

I dont argue with people who are aggressive and rude like you are. So don't expect me to respond anymore until the transfer is complete.

I will let you know when the transfer is complete.

Cheers!

•••
Now you are talking the break in communication is the cause of all this but he hiding under the facades of "Nigerian Scam" is VERY unfair after receiving the domain. It it had been the other way round, that would have been okay.

I know zilch about about coding or programming so how am I gonna yank the domain off from him? HOW?

Over here in Nigeria, I have seen and heard of Chinese who treat Nigerian working with them so bad. They beat them, most often are beaten to coma. The news is all over the web if you can google it, same for lebanese and other Nationals, they leave their country and come down here to fvck with people working with them just because of the high rate of unemployment. Last year alone, I read up to 4 of such cases, yet these folks are underpaid.

When I was a kid and i read on news how a Nigerian man has been isolated from his family by wrongfully accusing him of a crime he never committed. He was beaten until his spinal cord was broken. When they realised their mistake, they found a way to deport him to Nigeria. The man was pleading to be reconnected with his family in the US. Whether he got his wishes answered or he died without it, I have no idea.

But should I hate the next Chinese, Lebanese or American for this? Absolutely NO!

•••
Your email only said one thing: " let me know when you make payment"

30+ emails all the same..(in 3 days). Identical. Hence why it ended up in my spam.

I didn't let you know I was transferring the name because I didn't want you to revoke your 'push' before I transferred out . Basically I didn't want to show my cards because I assumed you were a scammer.

You are an aggressive and angry seller who uses intimidation and force. Hence your attitude and actions. This is the main reason why I don't trust you.

I dont argue with people who are aggressive and rude like you are. So don't expect me to respond anymore until the transfer is complete.

I will let you know when the transfer is complete.

Cheers!

May be someday when you send a package and no payment nor communication from your buyer, you will understand why. As far as I am concerned, all these is just baseless excuses!

What are you claiming now huh? You are funny I say again.

I am a Nigerian, and I am PROUD OF IT.... it that sends cold shivers down your spins, I am glad I made that happened lol!

•••
Sad It had to happen bro @jideofor.

I can always vouch for Jideo, he is a great guy and have always provided ways for people to deal with him.

One shouldn't overlook that he hails from Nigeria, where Paypal doesn't fully service. So 3rd party payment does make sense here.

•••
Hey, I am just a observer from side and love a good read also pay attention to the detail! Just read other post where you said your next goal is to make $xx,xxx sale

https://www.namepros.com/threads/xx-xxx-escrow-com-with-namecheap-registrar.860239/page-2

Yet earlier here you said you have made sales over $15,000 with buyers having no problems..

Maybe I just got it wrong and that's all the sales summed up together you have made up to date?

It I can trust you to transfer the name you, why couldn't you do same?

I hav done deals in this manner lots of times, I transfer the name before payment. But after my experience with you. I will NEVER try it again.

Most of you might wonder why I do transfer before payment... I know the negative perception about Nigeria and Nigerians so I often do so to gain people's trust.

Dude, I hav done deals worth over $15000 with no headaches from buyers like I have just experienced over a miserly $50.

Transfer the name wherever you choose to. Just get the money paid.

You had to wait till someone mentioned you here before you defend yourself

Before you come back to start saying trash again... Let me ask you. Why didn't the emails enter spam before transfer of the domain? Save that story for kids please.

•••
This thread shows one of my biggest fears while transferring a domain name. Please keep us updated on the progress of this transfer.

•••
Sure thing. You can count on me for that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back