IT.COM

$50 Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I contacted this dude and we agreed to $50 for the name. As Nigerian, Paypal isn't fully functional over here. I hard to look for way to receive the money via paypal and didn't message him for a few days.

Then I got an email from hims saying he is losing trust because I have not replied him nor transfer the name.

I told him that paypal isnt functional in Nigeria and that I was looking for a friend that would help me receive the money. Well when I got someone, I transferred the name to him and he confessed he has gotten the domain and appeared surprised that I could trust him to send the name. He also confess that I was the first to do such and seemed excited. With feeling in the air, I thought he would prompt the payment immediately but sadly, that was the last I heard from him.

He had been replying with his iphone right from start and there is no way he hasn't read my emails. The dude is based in US.

After I noticed that he wasnt replying I told him that since he doesn't want to pay, I wish him well with name. However, I will drop his ID after some days so that others can avoid him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Escrow.com is likely the best way to go for domains, assuming the new owners don't screw things up.

Other options that come to mind are Payoneer.com
-- you apply for a (pre-paid) International Master Card, connect it to your Paypal Account and can make withdrawals in Nigeria.

Neteller.com - lets you receive money in Nigeria free, with an email addy, even if you don't have an account.

There are others I learned about when I was going to get into this biz, about a year ago, with Crediturl.com - which used a unique URL, like a credit card number, for each transaction.
Thanks, I appreciate your input.

However, I do know that IP may pose a problem when if I decide to use PayPal and claim I am not in Nigeria. Another issue is security of payoneer cards. It has come to my notice that holders of payoneer card have been experiencing fund theft over the years while their cards are in their wallets.

How popular is netteller? Would a buyer be comfortable to pay me via such means? What if they have never heard of netteller before?

Thanks

•••
Yeah, if you create an IP issue you may have a problem with PayPal. And prepaid cards have issues as well. The folks I know that use them don't let a large balance sit; payment in/money out. In all cases due diligence is on you. My reply is to your post asking for alternatives.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back