Dynadot

poll Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

☀ Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017❓

• 1st

Yes of course

votes
    89.2%
  • 2nd

New extension will take over

votes
    9.7%
  • 3rd

No of course not

votes
    2.7%

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Good memorable domain names are a threat to Google's advertising business. Bad, hard to remember, confusing domain names need google and google knows it. Google will do almost whatever it takes to have new g's succeed. As big as google is I think we may find even they are no match for the internet as a whole. We shall see. imo

•••
come to Korat and join me
i lost 21 Kg in 7 month

getting fit ...
avoid rice in the evening

honestly : i am convinced to get a portfolio of mix domains ( classic and new )
is the right way...

Have dropped about seven kilos of fat and gained a few kilos of meat since new year. I try to do it slowly as I will lose strength for the deadlifts otherwise. :pompous:

On topic: Yeah, sure. A mixed portfolio of old and new names is my agenda too.

•••
•••
Take my poll:

In 2017 will 99% of Namepros discussion content be idiotic trolling posts from noob domainers with more hope than brains?

1: For sure.
2: Michael Erhhardt will ensure it.
3: No question about it.
4: Yup - Just like last year.

Please leave your answer nowhere and knock your head into your monitor.

•••
Take my poll:

In 2017 will 99% of Namepros discussion content be idiotic trolling posts from noob domainers with more hope than brains?

you don,t pay attention :xf.wink: you are very superficial
it is Michael Ehrhardt not Erhhardt

you can,t bite me

People about Speed of Light

Einstein Might Be Completely Wrong About the Speed of Light
The consequences would be far more earth-shattering than we could possibly predict.
Neel V. PatelPhysicsNovember 28, 2016
Every high school physics student can ramble this off by memory: According to Albert Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity, the speed of light is always the same; therefore the laws of physics exist and behave the same everywhere in the universe.

For a pair of physicists, that century-old notion simply reads: Challenge Accepted. João Magueijo from Imperial College London and Niayesh Afshordi of the Perimeter Institute in Canada proposed a new experiment proving Einstein wrong and demonstrating that the speed of light actually isn’t a constant. The pair thinks light may have moved faster in the past, around the time of Big Bang, and that it’s actually slowed down since.

The speed of light is an idea that scientists have pondered since the time of Aristotle, but it was Einstein who really gave this concept context for the modern era of physics with his infamous Theory of General Relativity. The assumption that the speed of light is a constant has been a proximal way to also assume the universe operates uniformly.

Source : https://www.inverse.com/article/243...sletter&utm_medium=inverse&utm_campaign=photo

People about .com ?

Life is changing

•••
The answer is, yes of course. :)

•••
The answer is, yes of course. :)

:xf.wink:

i hope not

image-20160331-28459-18j5spk.jpg

•••
Take my poll:

Here is what "I think" about your poll, Promo:

idiotic : For sure
trolling : No question about it.
noob : Yup - Just like last year.
hope : Michael Ehrhardt will ensure it.

No hard feelings :rolleyes:

•••
All I take from these threads are about 5 new people a day to put on ignore.

Its such a wonderful feature.

•••
•••
All I take from these threads are about 5 new people a day to put on ignore.

Its such a wonderful feature.

if you would have ignored me than why are you here ?

scared to miss some ?
or trapped in a Cave ? :xf.wink:

i guess you are the measure of all things ...

•••
things might change in 10-20 years but for the foreseeable future, .com will be number 1.

we will see :xf.wink:
i don,t feel that way
i hope change come soon
very soon

•••
I just put you on ignore now. Its a new thing.

I am not the measure of all things. I am just better educated, have more experience and more brains than you.

Ohh and I am humble too!

•••
•••
I just put you on ignore now. Its a new thing.

I am not the measure of all things. I am just better educated, have more experience and more brains than you.

Ohh and I am humble too!

no , you are superficial :xf.wink: trapped in a Cave and not a visionary
sorry to tell you

where there is no vision
the people perish

Last edited:
•••
Year after year the .com receive more challenger, from .mobi .tv .top .cn .link .co .xyz .whatever.
Newbies predicted the "big change" in domain world but ending up broke due to expensive domain names renewal.

And still the premium domain extensions out there is .com. Sorry guys/gals, I wish I can share positive feedback about these gTLDs. I invested too, but no traction of sales that's reality in our business.

Of course, you will see some gTLDs sales provided by registry auctions that's all about it.
Just visit DNJournal.com for you to see what's happening in our domain space with regards to sales.

•••
Year after year the .com receive more challenger, from .mobi .tv .top .cn .link .co .xyz .whatever.
Newbies predicted the "big change" in domain world but ending up broke due to expensive domain names renewal.

And still the premium domain extensions out there is .com. Sorry guys/gals, I wish I can share positive feedback about these gTLDs. I invested too, but no traction of sales that's reality in our business.

Of course, you will see some gTLDs sales provided by registry auctions that's all about it.
Just visit DNJournal.com for you to see what's happening in our domain space with regards to sales.

honestly : i sold more not .com ( new extension like .one .mba ) than .com

what i like on .com is the price 8,88 @ Uni
what i don,t like is the habit !

so i got a mix of classic and new ( wich fits )
btw : i got 40 .tech domains for free( emc2.tech / renovatio.tech / transformers.tech _
promotion at checkdomains.de
( so why not register / take them ? )

i also got 40 .net domains for 1 year free :xf.wink: ( Usain.net / Dubayy.net / Taimak.net )
it,s a one year chance :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I believe .com will be king for some time to come!

•••
•••
•••
•••
This discussion is just a sad relief of empathy and compassion on those loosing money with their neueubertlds. .com has had billions and billions traded upon already in all major industries, so would you be so kind to stop kidding around and do like 20-30 pushups instead?

•••
This discussion is just a sad relief of empathy and compassion on those loosing money with their neueubertlds. .com has had billions and billions traded upon already in all major industries, so would you be so kind to stop kidding around and do like 20-30 pushups instead?

how about 55 pull ups ? :xf.wink:

.compassion...

honestly : i don,t like habits

.com is not the measure of all things

all this discussions help to get more extensions some support and get rid of habits ( .com )

i am a visionary and i hope that the new generations will be the same :xf.smile:

•••
until the registries start promoting these extensions, normal people will not realize that .xyz .gnd .lbgt even exist.

Godaddy is a big and highly visible and known registrar to endusers and they feature new g's in their registration path.

I think it will take some more time, but because of sites like GD offering the new g's it gives them some credibility from a trusted seller and sooner or later they will begin to be accepted and finally catch on - some of them anyway.

If google places value more on content than on domain keywords, then the value of domains will go down.

Businesses will always need a domain and site.

It is true many small companies only need or use Facebook or similar sites to promote their businesses.

But medium to large businesses will always need a domain name and website and they are the major focus of the domain industry anyway - the ones with the funds to buy more valuable domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back