IT.COM

poll Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

☀ Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017❓

• 1st

Yes of course

votes
    89.2%
  • 2nd

New extension will take over

votes
    9.7%
  • 3rd

No of course not

votes
    2.7%

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.Com has been established for as long as the internet has been around. There are a few extensions that can do well here and there but as far as any tld replacing the dominance of .com on the internet in 2017, that is ridiculous. It is way too early for that to happen especially with the last 20+ years of .com established already. Some killer keywords will always do well in a few of these new extensions but nothing at all equal to what the same keyword in .com would fetch.

By the way, out of your 6 domains in your signature (VR.Loans VRKinos.com VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com VRHoloPortation.com), 5 of them are .com. Try selling any of those 5 domains in any other extension in 2017 and I am sure you will have your answer.

you pay attention
thank you

i was working in a very beautiful Restaurant and i served Beer and alcohol

Do i drink ? NO

i hope you get me :xf.wink:

it is about business

•••
sell the .com names first, good strategy ;)

•••
•••
•••
yes! king for sure! :)
and also queen
and also prince.

Last edited:
•••
•••
you pay attention
thank you

i was working in a very beautiful Restaurant and i served Beer and alcohol

Do i drink ? NO

i hope you get me :xf.wink:

it is about business
I understand what you are saying. I buy names i have no interest in but that i believe are worth the price sometimes too. But as for replacing .com this next year. Not a chance. We can have this conversation again in 15/20 years from now maybe... :)

•••
I understand what you are saying. I buy names i have no interest in but that i believe are worth the price sometimes too. But as for replacing .com this next year. Not a chance. We can have this conversation again in 15/20 years from now maybe... :)

not replacing

people live in habit
that might be ok

but i feel good for the new extensions
this is kind of support and promote them :xf.wink:

•••
.Com has been established for as long as the internet has been around. There are a few extensions that can do well here and there but as far as any tld replacing the dominance of .com on the internet in 2017, that is ridiculous. It is way too early for that to happen especially with the last 20+ years of .com established already. Some killer keywords will always do well in a few of these new extensions but nothing at all equal to what the same keyword in .com would fetch.

By the way, out of your 6 domains in your signature (VR.Loans VRKinos.com VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com VRHoloPortation.com), 5 of them are .com. Try selling any of those 5 domains in any other extension in 2017 and I am sure you will have your answer.

Agree!
Why do you think Uniregistry, owned by a well known domainer, uses Unirgistry.com, instead of Uniregistry.sexy or uniregistry.link or uniregistry.click Uniregistry.tattoo
Why? Frank those extensions, doesn't he?

.com extension isn't own by him. Is he not believing in his own extention?

Because he knowd .com is king.

I'm not sure if he owns Uniregistry.domain. Maybe he does. Or he doesn't.
Let's assume he owns Uniregistry.domain (a perfect extension for a domain registry). Do you think he would even use Uniregistry.domain over Uniregistry.com?

I will bet against it. Why?
Because he knows he will lose busniness by using something else other than a .com

I think gtlds are good, but it can't top a .com.
Gtld are cool for brands in my opinion. Tshirt brand, artist brand, Vanity names, product brand. Yet I haven't seen many being used.

•••
Enjoy-Communism.png

.communism
.complicated

Last edited:
•••
The thread title said is "replacing"? Or rather it said still be a "King" in "2017":unsure:
I do this all the time:ROFL:

•••
•••
Some .coms were registered before some of the recent trademarks were created. That gives .coms an advantage.

They said Brexit wouldn't happen
They said Trump wouldn't be elected
They say .coms are old hat and will die.

"They" seem to get it wrong all the time. :)

•••
Some .coms were registered before some of the recent trademarks were created. That gives .coms an advantage.

did you know that if you register a .com and the TM will be later than the Registration,
that they can take your domain ? :xf.wink:

did you know that ?:sneaky:

•••

Proven fact, Trump winning the election just proves how anyone that thinks they know everything can get it wrong. This relates to anything and everything and not just the election either.. :xf.wink:

•••
Keep your one word gtlds. I dropped a decent name, because the renewal fee was over $150 and I got no offers. Recently looked at it and a big communication company is using it. :arghh:

•••
Agree!
Why do you think Uniregistry, owned by a well known domainer, uses Unirgistry.com, instead of Uniregistry.sexy or uniregistry.link or uniregistry.click Uniregistry.tattoo
Why? Frank those extensions, doesn't he?

.com extension isn't own by him. Is he not believing in his own extention?

Because he knowd .com is king.

I'm not sure if he owns Uniregistry.domain. Maybe he does. Or he doesn't.
Let's assume he owns Uniregistry.domain (a perfect extension for a domain registry). Do you think he would even use Uniregistry.domain over Uniregistry.com?

I will bet against it. Why?
Because he knows he will lose busniness by using something else other than a .com

I think gtlds are good, but it can't top a .com.
Gtld are cool for brands in my opinion. Tshirt brand, artist brand, Vanity names, product brand. Yet I haven't seen many being used.
https://uniregistry.link/

•••
Proven fact, Trump winning the election just proves how anyone that thinks they know everything can get it wrong. This relates to anything and everything and not just the election either.. :xf.wink:

19 December 2016 high noon

•••
•••
did you know that if you register a .com and the TM will be later than the Registration,
that they can take your domain ? :xf.wink:

did you know that ?:sneaky:

I thought that one of the pre-conditiuons for registering a trademark was that there was no previous use in the registration category. If you are not passing off, then I don't see how they can claim the name. I remember the case of Google and Gmail - disn't Google end up having to pay for the name?

•••
I think .com will always be the KING!

•••
I thought that one of the pre-conditiuons for registering a trademark was that there was no previous use in the registration category. If you are not passing off, then I don't see how they can claim the name. I remember the case of Google and Gmail - disn't Google end up having to pay for the name?

a Trademark Department doesn,t even check if you have any rights
and wich domain extension ???
a TM doesn,t include a domain name ( .com or whatever )

to register a TM you just apply and pay 300$
if they deny you lose that money

that,s why i don,t like any kind of TM
i spend a lot of time in DPMA ( german TM department )

it,s a money machine
nothing else

i try to find that article ...

•••
I think .com will always be the KING!

i sold way more mew domain extensions than .com ( classic domains )
for me .com is not King

WHY ?

•••
The current generations will remember the catchyness of the .com domain enough for it to remain popular. The generation after millennials might not be so kind to .com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back