Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Assure.pro sold for $9888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thanks

•••
I've been meaning to post this for a couple weeks, but kept forgetting to snap the pic when I passed it. Here's a billboard in Chicago for TURNKEY.PRO:

turnkey-pro-1457289719-569.jpg

•••
I just noticed that you can still grab your .PROs for only $2.99 at Encirca.pro.

See the attached PDF list of 1,300 available dictionary dotPRO domains. Some nice ones here! Btw, MicroGuy, as I see it, it's all about the marketing. If dotCO can market a ccTLD for Colombia and generate the dollars and success we've seen over the past year, with the right marketing strategy and dollars, dotPRO has the potential to do just as well.

The question is whether the registry is willing to make the necessary commitment to make it happen. All other issues aside, dotPRO, in and of itself, probably represents one of the best gTLD extensions out there. It just has no domainer support or exposure. All of this can be overcome with a well executed marketing campaign that markets directly to end users.

Google search these two phrases, together, to see my thoughts on the issue:

"Name Talent" "Domainer Hubris"

Happy Holidays,

. :santa:

DISCLAIMER: A generic or descriptive domain name that does not infringe on the rights of a third party may potentially do so if the Domain Registrant and/or End User subsequently uses the domain name for a specific class of goods or services in which a third party had previously acquired trademark protection for a similar or identical name. Domain Registrant and/or End User should seek the advice of a trademark attorney to avoid potential conflicts, disputes and/or infringement issues in the use of generic, descriptive domain names.

Attachments

• 1,300 AVAILABLE dotPRO Dict. Domains.pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
•••
@MicroGuy:

When I was in my twenties, I debated many topics just for the sake of debating. Choose a side and stick to it. All fun and games and ego stroking. When you have little to contribute and plenty of time on your hands, it's great for coffee house banter. Maybe someone will even think of you as a domainer savant as you attempt to show your mental superiority over the rest of us uninformed domain investors.

If you're amusing yourself in the process, have at it! God knows, in these economic times, we all need something to make us feel better about ourselves. Indeed, it's a free society. However, in the world of capitalism, clever marketing people are constantly putting big dollars behind marginal (and even inferior) products and making millions.

So, as I see it, the question isn't about the potential of dotPRO. The question is whether one side or the other has ample resources to influence the opinion of the rank and file. Politicians with integrity and excellent ideas lose much of the time. Why? Because they don't possess the financial wherewithall to compete with well bankrolled candidates that spew the same old worthless crap.

Subprime mortgages were a BAD IDEA from the outset, but Main Street had no financial resources to compete with Wall Street - so Wall Street won, and the rest of us paid. Big money buys big votes and influence while we lick our collective wounds and wonder why.

It's the way of the world.

At the enterprise level in business, it's seldom about the genuine merits of an idea, concept, or product. It's about who has the deep pockets to convince the public of something the public can't be bothered to figure out for itself. Why do you think this year's respective Presidential campaigns will spend a combined total well in excess of ONE BILLION DOLLARS? It's called influence buying. Follow the money. That's how bidness gets done in these here United States - the land formerly of Baseball, Mom and Apple Pie. Sorry Mom, if it doesn't pay, get ready to lose the house and pitch your tent in the California Central Valley with the rest of the population getting squeezed out of their homes and the middle class.

So, MicroGuy, give it your best shot, pat yourself on the back, and maybe one day you will be known as the "Prince of Domaining." As for me, after writing this post, I am blocking all of your future comments from my NamePros' dotPRO thread. PM me if you like, but I won't be ingesting any more of your dotPRO domain "Kool Aid" in this public thread.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for a reasonable explanation on what drives capital markets, simply Google search the following keyword search terms:

"Domainer Hubris" "Madison Avenue" and DnFactor.

Reply if you like, but I will no longer see it. You see, the trouble with confusing personal bias for well reasoned logic over and over and over and over again, is that it tends to destroy one's credibility.

MicroGuy, by all means, you keep on doing what you do best, but as for me - I've had enough and will no longer waste my efforts assisting you in amusing yourself at the expense of this thread and those other NamePros members who have new and noteworthy opinions to contribute (irrespective of whether I agree with those opinions or not).

For other members that agree with my take on this topic, I would appreciate your support in the form of a "like" on this post. If I discover that my comments do not resonate with other members of this dotPRO thread, I'll unblock your posts and suffer the consequences of having misjudged public opinion and the facts.

No ill will intended MicroGuy - I wish you much success in your domain pursuits. However, for me, I've grown weary of the same stale arguments that (IMHO) do not reflect the way business is actually conducted and financial objectives are achieved.

•••
Diamond.pro has been sold for 7,000 USD

Diamonds.pro has been sold for 1,000 USD

:wave:

•••
•••
Just bought my first .pro

Meeting.Pro

•••
Just picked up Tutorials / pro

Currently own (in pro):

Hired
Lawncare
Metroplex

•••
•••
Marketing.pro has been sold for 10,000 USD

:) :) :) :) :)

•••
Just launched THIS SITE. I'd appreciate feedback. It's a work in progress, so when making suggestions, realize this is just day one.

•••
Just received my 10th .PRO-offer this year...
$1K from India... for my medic (2006).

•••
•••
Just sold Payroll for 2K in DAN.

•••
Sold COMPASS last weekend for 2021 EUR BIN on Sedo, just finished this transaction.
It was sold within 2 days after I listed&parked there.
The buyer from Moscow.

•••
•••
•••
I am having some sales in .pro. I like it personally. I still have 1000 domains and keep renewing them.

These are my .pro sales since 2015.

Vertex.pro
Extraordinary.pro
Jumbo.pro
CryptoCoin.pro
Digest.pro
Butler.pro
Hash.pro
Xchange.pro
Fine.pro
Evolution.pro
Tribe.pro
Ridge.pro
Fibre.pro
Split.pro
Mart.pro
Node.pro
Covenant.pro
Innovate.pro
LiveScore.pro
Fleet.pro
Twelve.pro
Adams.pro
Fold.pro
Grill.pro
Letsgo.pro
Payroll.pro
Segment.pro
Consortium.pro
Unit.pro
Getaway.pro
Meridian.pro
Invite.pro
Hint.pro
Tether.pro
Allin.pro
Nerve.pro
Power.pro
Neural.pro
Assure.pro
Thought.pro
Ozone.pro
Retreat.pro
Kaizen.pro

•••
Available 4 letter dotPRO dictionary domains with Google [exact] match monthly search stats.

There may be other 4 letter available dotPRO domains, but I think these cover most standard dictionary entries. Make sure you confirm stats, and do your due diligence.

Good Luck In The New Year!

......... %%-

DISCLAIMER: A generic or descriptive domain name that does not infringe on the rights of a third party may potentially do so if the Domain Registrant and/or End User subsequently uses the domain name for a specific class of goods or services in which a third party had previously acquired trademark protection for a similar or identical name. Domain Registrant and/or End User should seek the advice of a trademark attorney to avoid potential conflicts, disputes and/or infringement issues in the use of generic, descriptive domain names.

Attachments

• Avail. dotPRO 4 Letter Domains.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 59
•••
I was wondering when I was going to get wee.pro from GoDaddy and contacted my friend who got pet.pro and toy.pro who explained that GoDaddy informed him that they would be made available in our GoDaddy accounts.

The word is Godaddy is working with Afilias to make .pro's available for registration.

•••
MyCV.pro I sold on sedo for 700 euro

•••
Tech.pro sold in 25,500 USD.

Congrats Michael! :wave:

•••
•••
It’s a great group on this thread and I thank the few that have kept it alive. Combined this group have an excellent portfolio of .pro domains

The buyers of Go.pro and Tech.pro spent $40,000 and $25,500

These 1 word generics would get a quote of $250k - $1million over on domainnamesales dot com

Those quotes would of course be for this year. Next Year I will expect quotes to double on premium 1 word generics.

Selling a name like smile for $2200 is at this point a very low price and not a good sale. It’s missing a 2 and is worth $22,200 this year.

Next Year it will be worth considerably more. Lots sold decades ago are worth 10 to 100 times more and even a thousand fold more today. As the population got closer to these lots and the ability to develop increased so did the price.

In a similar fashion as new tools are created to develop and monetize, our land of Domains increases in value.

The masses will not take 20 - 50 years to reach us. They are coming towards the internet in alarming numbers and faster than ever.

Add a zero at the end of your asking .pro price this year and be prepared to add another at the end of 2013

Every time someone takes a picture of someone they are asked to “SMILE” One can imagine dozens of ideas for this domain name…every phone and tablet has or will have a front facing camera

The .pro buyers have waited a long time for this opportunity. Its now time to put on our big boy pants and say that your offer today is appreciated but as you know its missing a zero and it’s still a great buy.

Next year will be a different story. We will all be adding another zero

Last edited:
•••
Diamond.pro has been sold for 7,000 USD

Diamonds.pro has been sold for 1,000 USD

:wave:

Wow, superb! That's more than I would have expected for these domains. Even though they are really good.

I just sold anwalt.pro (lawyer in German) for 3,500 Euro.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back