NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is not only for .pro ones, SEDO auctions use to end with the first bid almost all the times. :bah:

Thanks for your info. B-)

•••
This is not only for .pro ones, SEDO auctions use to end with the first bid almost all the times. :bah:

I think this happens a lot of times because people reach a sales price out of Sedo and then just use them as an escrow service.

•••
And because there are almost not visitors at SEDO auctions.

In fact, even if you know about them, it is quite difficult to find their location from the SEDO front page...

•••
I'm going to agree with terol, seo is as easy as any extension...which by the way ain't that easy. But high ranking seo for .pro is not going to be a problem if you build the right site on it.

Also..I liked the post on servicemagic.pro as it is not just a forwarding link. That is an excellent selling point for .pro! Just the fact that service magic is advertising it and somewhat promoting it.

great find!

•••
•••
•••
Yeah, of course. When Club.pro is valued lower than sportclub.pro, you know you doing something wrong. :D

As well as sport.pro ;)
strange thing with clubs )) even more with healthclub :laugh:

•••
Every appraisal software is good only after you sell the domain and they update the value :)

•••
Appraisal = I Pray It Sells (at that price).

Do a search for the following keywords:

domain name market maker

See the Aug. 24, 2011 post.

Btw, my company is the registered owner of HealthClub.PRO - so no sour grapes here. Just the unvarnished facts.

•••
It seems that a lot of appraisals are being done at Epik.com lately, because somebody from that company wrote me last week interested in one of my dot pro domains. He asked about traffic...

•••
I honestly think it's harder to sell a domain with a developed site. Perhaps end users can only see the site as it is. I've been hawking sail*pro for a while and I've had a few end user bites, but no sale. Perhaps I'm asking too much as well, anywhere from 3-5k.

•••
3-5k is a reasonable range for saildotpro. Even better.

•••
I like epik as they allow more than a handful of searches for their results. That is just basically being cool to provide free stuff online without limitations.

•••
debt.pro Outbid! $1,150.00 Ended

nice price.
fwiw, looks like one bidder trying to grab everything.

///

update:
dating.pro Outbid! 36 $1,750.00 Ended

///

finals:

diet.pro $4,000.00 Ended
credit.pro $2,400.00 Ended
dating.pro $1,750.00 Ended
debt.pro $1,150.00 Ended
sales.pro $679.00 Ended
taxes.pro $629.00 Ended

Last edited:
•••
diet outbids news :)

Any one of these can go xx,xxx easily.

I still don't understand how i got rings so cheap :)

•••
Top German cities

What would be your proposition for these top German cities:

* dortmund.pro
* duesseldorf.pro
* hannover.pro
* koeln.pro
* muenchen.pro
* stuttgart.pro

:?

•••
stp,

I've wondered why any of the .pro's go for so cheap. The extension is still grossly undervalued!

•••
The extension is majorly undervalued, as can be seen by the recent auctions, though snap is mostly a reseller market, so sales prices would be around 10% of what an end user might pay.

STP, you only got rings cheap because I was overextended on another auction. ;)

I'm really interested in hearing from some of the older investors - Have you increased your portfolios now that reg / renewal is way lower than the $100 it used to be?

•••
The extension is majorly undervalued, as can be seen by the recent auctions, though snap is mostly a reseller market, so sales prices would be around 10% of what an end user might pay.

STP, you only got rings cheap because I was overextended on another auction. ;)

I'm really interested in hearing from some of the older investors - Have you increased your portfolios now that reg / renewal is way lower than the $100 it used to be?

I've definitely picked up a few names here and there as the registration prices have continued to drop. I've also bid on a number of the snapnames auctions, though I usually get outbid on those (I did manage to grab hemp.pro the other day however). Overall, I'd say it's a no-brainer to pay $2.99 for a name if think it has any development potential.

•••
...STP, you only got rings cheap because I was overextended on another auction. ;)...

What can be more interesting than Rings(dawt)pro at bargain price(low xxx)? :)

•••
]Just closed on smile in our extension 2200 usd The buyer gOt a cracking deal as I had to cover a recent buy of a .co.uk

•••
It's nod bad, it could've fetched more in a good day but it's not bad. Congrats!

BTW, how did u make the sale?emailing end-users or?

•••
•••
It’s a great group on this thread and I thank the few that have kept it alive. Combined this group have an excellent portfolio of .pro domains

The buyers of Go.pro and Tech.pro spent $40,000 and $25,500

These 1 word generics would get a quote of $250k - $1million over on domainnamesales dot com

Those quotes would of course be for this year. Next Year I will expect quotes to double on premium 1 word generics.

Selling a name like smile for $2200 is at this point a very low price and not a good sale. It’s missing a 2 and is worth $22,200 this year.

Next Year it will be worth considerably more. Lots sold decades ago are worth 10 to 100 times more and even a thousand fold more today. As the population got closer to these lots and the ability to develop increased so did the price.

In a similar fashion as new tools are created to develop and monetize, our land of Domains increases in value.

The masses will not take 20 - 50 years to reach us. They are coming towards the internet in alarming numbers and faster than ever.

Add a zero at the end of your asking .pro price this year and be prepared to add another at the end of 2013

Every time someone takes a picture of someone they are asked to “SMILE” One can imagine dozens of ideas for this domain name…every phone and tablet has or will have a front facing camera

The .pro buyers have waited a long time for this opportunity. Its now time to put on our big boy pants and say that your offer today is appreciated but as you know its missing a zero and it’s still a great buy.

Next year will be a different story. We will all be adding another zero

Last edited:
•••
The buyers of Go.pro and Tech.pro spent $40,000 and $25,500

These 1 word generics would get a quote of $250k - $1million over on domainnamesales dot com

Those quotes would of course be for this year. Next Year I will expect quotes to double on premium 1 word generics.

Top quality .COM barely sell for that price range, never mind .PRO.

Selling a name like smile.pro for $2200 is at this point a very low price and not a good sale. It’s missing a 2 and is worth $22,200 this year.

The reality is $2200 is more than fair for that domain. It is not like end users are lining up to pay premium prices for .PRO.

You are overly optimistic about .PRO.

The truth is that it ranks way below the Big 3 (COM/NET/ORG), respected ccTLD, and even secondary gTLD like .INFO and .BIZ when it comes to registrations, usage, awareness, and sales.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back