Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
regged kama (dot) pro for $3.14

•••
MicroGuy, nice location. And starting from that I assume you will run over every thread and write against any ccTLD/

The dial-up example is far away from being a good analogy. There are too many things to tell to back that up, will write you an essay at demand.

Price dropped more than 50 times from 100 if i recall to 2.99. Check out 123-reg up there which has it at 15pounds, its not 2.99 everywhere. Also, considering the .com price drop in the last 15 years should we say it's dying?

You are manipulating reasons for your own pleasure and arguments. Some people might be fooled though and you know what will be a really bad investment? maybe not the worst cause i don't believe in absolute, it would be for people to make investments based on ~75% of your posts. Only that because you have some (few) good ones.

BtW, .pro is not ccTLD, i think you're in the wrong thread.

All the best.

•••
You are manipulating reasons for your own pleasure and arguments. Some people might be fooled though and you know what will be a really bad investment? maybe not the worst cause i don't believe in absolute, it would be for people to make investments based on ~75% of your posts. Only that because you have some (few) good ones.

BtW, .pro is not ccTLD, i think you're in the wrong thread.

All the best.

It is difficult perhaps to see, but from my side of the fence, things are looking awfully bleak for .PRO.

There are extremely few good domain investments at this time. Most all domains are bad investments currently. Especially non-.COMs. The internet is both expanding and contracting simultaneously. Internet traffic is increasing as independent development is declining. There is a consolidation underway with things moving to NetFlix, YouTube, and Facebook like sites.

There is no reason for .PRO and now that the registry has "sold out" in terms of its commitment to the integrity and professionalism of the brand, it's clearly "Game Over" for this lowly TLD. IMHO.

•••
Internet traffic is increasing as independent development is declining. There is a consolidation underway with things moving to NetFlix, YouTube, and Facebook like sites.

Not to hijack this thread but this is an awesome topic of discussion in itself. I would love to see a couple arguments on this.

•••
I think the registry would prefer for you to just wonder and marvel at the extension and forget about asking intelligent questions.
Could you please articulate a few of these intelligent questions?

In my opinion, it is now time to do a mass purge and remove these TLDs from your accounts. I see a great drop trend on the horizon. IMHO
Right, just like people should do in all extensions except for .com?

I would not consider this a positive indicator as it suggests a loss of demand.
You do realise than .coms went from $50/yr to $6/yr? Registrations went up 100 fold. Why do you think it will be different for .pro?

When demand drops so does price. A good example would be the cost of dial-up networking. As the demand reached zero, so did the price.
I personally think of .pro like 4G, not everyone gets it, yet, but that's fine.

To make money in business you have to be ahead of the curve, not picking up crap in .com as most of the followers seem to be doing.

If you can get any of the keywords in .com that you can in .pro, you'd be looking at six figures, at the very least.

And therein lies the opportunity.

What you are seeing with .PRO is the final stages before the entire collapse of reseller market value. As I have previously stated, this is probably one of the worst investments on the face of the Earth.
I also own .gd domains, if .pro is the worst... wonder what you'll say about that?

The expedited development of a comprehensive exit strategy would be something that anyone reading this might consider. IMHO
They might consider building a cave home in a mountain to try and survive the upcoming end of the world on 21/12/2012 but most sane people don't.

It is difficult perhaps to see, but from my side of the fence, things are looking awfully bleak for .PRO.
What is your side of the fence? .Com leftover land? I really hope you get something from Verisign for all your trashing of most extensions, specially with a 1000 more coming out soon, would be a terrible waste of time otherwise.

There are extremely few good domain investments at this time. Most all domains are bad investments currently.
I agree with this completely.

Especially non-.COMs.
Actually it's the other way around, most of the crap is in .com, just because the numbers are that much higher - 100 million domains, you can be sure less than 1% are worth five figures or more and most of those were registered before 1996.

The internet is both expanding and contracting simultaneously. Internet traffic is increasing as independent development is declining. There is a consolidation underway with things moving to NetFlix, YouTube, and Facebook like sites.
The internet is not contracting at all. I think you should fire the person who supplies you with stats, they're probably high on your supply too.

Guess we should inform all the startups they shouldn't bother since the Internet is focussing only on the 3 sites you're mentioned.

Just fyi, I've never even visited netflix, just like a majority of the non-US based Internet user base, which might surprise you to learn is actually many multiples of those in the US.

There is no reason for .PRO and now that the registry has "sold out" in terms of its commitment to the integrity and professionalism of the brand, it's clearly "Game Over" for this lowly TLD. IMHO.
Lmao, right, keep telling yourself that and stick to pumping also ran .coms that you couldn't get reg fee for, we'll stick to the domains that make us money, irrespective of the extension.

I've made money in .tv, .co and even .ag, guess I shouldn't have bothered since they're not worth anything in the 'real' world where people only buy crappy .coms, right?

And though I haven't made major profits in .pro it's mostly because I've priced myself out of the current reseller market for the most part.

Even table.pro is worth, imho, at least 5x of what I'm selling it for and I'm sure the buyer will prove me right, pretty soon.

I think people like you are actually good for domain investors with vision, means less competition.

•••
Lmao, right, keep telling yourself that and stick to pumping also ran .coms that you couldn't get reg fee for, we'll stick to the domains that make us money, irrespective of the extension.

I think if you re-read my posts, it is VERY clear that I am not pumping .COM. :|

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Not to hijack this thread but this is an awesome topic of discussion in itself. I would love to see a couple arguments on this.

Trying to have that discussion here is like pulling teeth from a rabid bobcat.

•••
@hopskim

I think you can see more than a couple arguments on each side.

@MG

Pulling teeth from a rabid bobcat? How does that feel? :)

•••
Afilias took over .mobi, and that did not breathe new life in the TLD.
Perhaps their plan is just to buy extensions in order to kill them.
Even .tel got more registrations than .pro, so you can appreciate how popular .pro really is.

LOL. Your song and dance is getting kind of old. Please freshen it up a bit. And why do you repost the same opinion over and over and over. We heard you the first time.

What you don't seem to hear is that many of us are in the Black. That's the goal isn't it? Make money? Are you? :sold:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I think if you re-read my posts, it is VERY clear that I am not pumping .COM. :|

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Trying to have that discussion here is like pulling teeth from a rabid bobcat.

MG. You're just writing so you can see your words on the screen. You're not making sense at all. Pulling teeth from a rabid bobcat ??? You stole that from Jed Clampett. Hmmm. There's a connection there somewhere.

Last edited:
•••
Thought this might be worth posting so we can actually see that what others are doing.

The search term is "mountain bike holidays "
45 mil + results
mountain bike holidays - Google Search.png

•••
One more just for FUN

San Diego Trade Mark Attorneys

Attorneyssan diego trade mark attorneys - Google Search.png

•••
Thought this might be worth posting so we can actually see that what others are doing.

The search term is "mountain bike holidays "
45 mil + results
Show attachment 18450

The google I use (both .com & .co.uk) displays different results. I see no .pro site among them.

Anyway, this is not the issue. The point is that it proves nothing whatsoever as far as the popularity or credibility of any extension is concerned.

•••
.pro is mostly useless. I see .pro in the same way of existence as .biz, gTLDs created just to get money from domainers.
Most of internet users haven't heard about this gTLD. I'd agree with MicroGuy is some points.
I have noticed some strange .pro sales actually, and I don't understand why buyers think a .pro extension will make their business (site) look professional lol :D
@mwzd, comparing a crap thing with an other thing, makes the other thing sort of crappy too ;)
Also, domainers have domains in many "wired" TLDs, doesn't mean those "wired" ccTLDs (or even SLDs) are good,

Also referring in SEO, any TLD may allow you to be in the first page in Google (with more or less wok). I wouldn't be surprised if I see a .tk domain in the 1st page too.

•••
I have noticed some strange .pro sales actually, and I don't understand why buyers think a .pro extension will make their business (site) look professional lol :D

I don't understand why do you think it won't. PRO means Professional, it's so easy.

There are tons of sites who use PRO in their name, not the extension only to look professional. Dot pro is behaving somehow similar to a domain hack.

Some of us are seeing things differently and repeating the same reasons over and over again brings nothing. I respect everyone's arguments and I agree with some. It's very true that at the moment dot pro is not popular, promoted or valued. I don't agree that this won't change for the reasons I wrote(quite a few times).

•••
.pro meaning is just a commercial purpose! That is the only reason it was created. .pro failed in the moment that everyone could register a .pro! You can find any content in a .pro domain, so what's the professional thing?
I will repeat the fact. at this point .pro is equal with .biz

I don't understand why do you think it won't. PRO means Professional, it's so easy.

There are tons of sites who use PRO in their name, not the extension only to look professional. Dot pro is behaving somehow similar to a domain hack.

Some of us are seeing things differently and repeating the same reasons over and over again brings nothing. I respect everyone's arguments and I agree with some. It's very true that at the moment dot pro is not popular, promoted or valued. I don't agree that this won't change for the reasons I wrote(quite a few times).

•••
how about this one..... anyone on this thread remember this from about 3 years ago....owner made news

Banquet Tables

banquet tables - Google Search.png

•••
.pro meaning is just a commercial purpose! That is the only reason it was created. .pro failed in the moment that everyone could register a .pro! You can find any content in a .pro domain, so what's the professional thing?
I will repeat the fact. at this point .pro is equal with .biz

I understand your opinion bro but that doesn't mean it's the truth/reality.
I think it's the opposite, the fact that anyone can register a pro is actually a good thing.
What's the PROfessional thing in the word Pro? Really?!
Nice signature btw.
Bafta!

•••
how about this one..... anyone on this thread remember this from about 3 years ago....owner made news
Show attachment 18452

Not bad! Very high competition for that keyword in Google...PR 4 site. Proves you can rank with .pro's!

I picked up Fencing(.)pro and Carpentry(.)pro

•••
.pro is mostly useless. I see .pro in the same way of existence as .biz, gTLDs created just to get money from domainers.
Most of internet users haven't heard about this gTLD. I'd agree with MicroGuy is some points.
@mwzd, comparing a crap thing with an other thing, makes the other thing sort of crappy too ;)
Also, domainers have domains in many "wired" TLDs, doesn't mean those "wired" ccTLDs (or even SLDs) are good,

Also referring in SEO, any TLD may allow you to be in the first page in Google (with more or less wok). I wouldn't be surprised if I see a .tk domain in the 1st page too.
MG called support? one more Verisign man??))

•••
the fact that anyone can register a pro is actually a good thing.

No. Actually it's very very bad.

It shows that the entire concept of this extension is a failure. It means that the end is near and that the registry has seen the writing on the wall. They have simply sold out in a last ditch effort to drain off a bit more juice before the lemon runs dry.

•••
.pro is fine, the only writing on the wall I see is a big arrow pointing up. ;)

•••
Ok then. I agree with MG now, pro is dead, With erandi, pro is biz.

Hope DNJournal will agree.

•••
@MicroGuy:

When I was in my twenties, I debated many topics just for the sake of debating. Choose a side and stick to it. All fun and games and ego stroking. When you have little to contribute and plenty of time on your hands, it's great for coffee house banter. Maybe someone will even think of you as a domainer savant as you attempt to show your mental superiority over the rest of us uninformed domain investors.

If you're amusing yourself in the process, have at it! God knows, in these economic times, we all need something to make us feel better about ourselves. Indeed, it's a free society. However, in the world of capitalism, clever marketing people are constantly putting big dollars behind marginal (and even inferior) products and making millions.

So, as I see it, the question isn't about the potential of dotPRO. The question is whether one side or the other has ample resources to influence the opinion of the rank and file. Politicians with integrity and excellent ideas lose much of the time. Why? Because they don't possess the financial wherewithall to compete with well bankrolled candidates that spew the same old worthless crap.

Subprime mortgages were a BAD IDEA from the outset, but Main Street had no financial resources to compete with Wall Street - so Wall Street won, and the rest of us paid. Big money buys big votes and influence while we lick our collective wounds and wonder why.

It's the way of the world.

At the enterprise level in business, it's seldom about the genuine merits of an idea, concept, or product. It's about who has the deep pockets to convince the public of something the public can't be bothered to figure out for itself. Why do you think this year's respective Presidential campaigns will spend a combined total well in excess of ONE BILLION DOLLARS? It's called influence buying. Follow the money. That's how bidness gets done in these here United States - the land formerly of Baseball, Mom and Apple Pie. Sorry Mom, if it doesn't pay, get ready to lose the house and pitch your tent in the California Central Valley with the rest of the population getting squeezed out of their homes and the middle class.

So, MicroGuy, give it your best shot, pat yourself on the back, and maybe one day you will be known as the "Prince of Domaining." As for me, after writing this post, I am blocking all of your future comments from my NamePros' dotPRO thread. PM me if you like, but I won't be ingesting any more of your dotPRO domain "Kool Aid" in this public thread.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for a reasonable explanation on what drives capital markets, simply Google search the following keyword search terms:

"Domainer Hubris" "Madison Avenue" and DnFactor.

Reply if you like, but I will no longer see it. You see, the trouble with confusing personal bias for well reasoned logic over and over and over and over again, is that it tends to destroy one's credibility.

MicroGuy, by all means, you keep on doing what you do best, but as for me - I've had enough and will no longer waste my efforts assisting you in amusing yourself at the expense of this thread and those other NamePros members who have new and noteworthy opinions to contribute (irrespective of whether I agree with those opinions or not).

For other members that agree with my take on this topic, I would appreciate your support in the form of a "like" on this post. If I discover that my comments do not resonate with other members of this dotPRO thread, I'll unblock your posts and suffer the consequences of having misjudged public opinion and the facts.

No ill will intended MicroGuy - I wish you much success in your domain pursuits. However, for me, I've grown weary of the same stale arguments that (IMHO) do not reflect the way business is actually conducted and financial objectives are achieved.

•••
WordWalker, thx for the words, your entire post is very rational and well structured. Thanks for the links, found this which is very nice to read http://nametalent.com/blog/?p=2822

About MicroGuy..what's new. I won't block his posts though as I choose for myself which to consider and which not to, he has some good posts too.

Thanks again.

•••
I don't block anyone anymore, unless I see them indulging in shady business practices, that's a no-no in my book.

Having been on this forum for a bit now (5 yrs), I think the naysayers provide a good balance to the pumpers and are just as necessary to allow people to make balanced view of the opportunity, or lack thereof.

Jeff saved me a bundle by talking against .mobi (I was late to that game), MicroGuy might do the same for someone who is buying crappy .pros, it's all a part of the balance.

•••
bomb.pro
coffee.pro
fish.pro
woman.pro
king.pro
programmer.pro
atlas.pro
desert.pro
mount.pro
LADY.PRO
MISS.PRO
FRIEND.PRO и FRIENDS.PRO
whom won't complicate, if participate, throw off the prices on which these domains will leave...

You can have an antique clock appraised at $3,000 but at any given auction it might sell for $6,000. Then again at that same auction you might get $2,000. Too many variables. The name is just one of those variables.

8^X

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back