Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MyCV.pro I sold on sedo for 700 euro

•••
•••
•••
Total .pros registered for October 2011 were up for the 22nd month in a row, this month by 2.4% to 75,538, excluding the Hostway zip codes. RU Center is still the fastest growing registrar, up 4.8% in the month to 10,724, however that was the slowest month on month growth for them since they started selling .pro. Encirca is still the biggest .pro register on a round 13,500, this is about 2,000 .pros ahead of both Network Solutions and OVH.

Last edited:
•••
~$5K is the resale price, not for end user.

I agree.
I'm the same, just in case a "affari.pro" (business in Italian)
Italians for the keyword.
That say, they like?

•••
I used to own speed.pro, torrent.pro and torrents.pro back in 2008,I let them both drop :| . I think I might of had another good one too.

not sure about that valuation of the .pro names now if I still retained them as I have more interest in the .tv extension.

Jason

•••
.tv is a good extension I think. also, .pro is making some progress, but don't think anyone could have predicted the drop in registration fees. That is a big thing as these domains were first listed for 100 bucks annual renewals.

Overall, the .pro extension is picking up in aftermarket sales and overall registrations. I think we are all hopeful that marketing will pick up a bit as well since the registry is now owned by Afilias that runs .info and .org

I'm sure there are still some opportunities to get back in the .pro extensions but to get better single word domains you need to check our snapnames. Here is an article on upcoming auctions.

http://www.encirca.com/domain-news/2012/pro-auctions-attracting-multiple-bidders/

•••
the fact that this level domains are released, confirmed that among End users do not have interest, perhaps domainers from Russia still believe in the zone, as listed Bidder of more than 50%

•••
Indeed, it would seem that domains are an extremely lucrative market if you have the right knowledge about them.

Last edited:
•••
Tech.pro sold in 25,500 USD.

Congrats Michael! :wave:

•••
Wow, nice Mr. Allpro :)

Dawt pro is rising!

•••
Terol thanks, was this on sedo? Or publicised anywhere. I'm looking for examples for an ongoing negotiation and this is a perfect example of .pro rising.

•••
•••

Fantastic sale!! Congrats to Michael, hopefully you are still checking namepros once in a while :) If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the many recent .pro developments.

Cheers,

Bob

•••

Congrats +1
dislaugh.gif

•••
Hexonet.net Transfer

$7.90 without VAT (for Non-EU customers).
$9.41 with VAT.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

And nearly as important is the fact that the sale was at the top of the list of the non Dot Com sales. Nice attention getter. Nice sale. Congratulations.

•••
o.info? So, what's next O.PRO?

It wouldn't surprise me if overstock acquires that at some point. Sounds cool and would be a nice marketing tool :imho:

•••
•••
It seems a lot of people are waking up to the potential of .pro

The recent five figure sales are only a good thing for the extension.

Interesting times...

•••
I used to own speed.pro, torrent.pro and torrents.pro back in 2008,I let them both drop :| . I think I might of had another good one too.

not sure about that valuation of the .pro names now if I still retained them as I have more interest in the .tv extension.

Jason
Bad drops IMO, torrent.pro picked up for 634$ few weeks ago but if you're doing well on .tv and you are then it's ok.

People are finally realising what PRO stands for and congrats Afilias for the recent market movement and the future pro auction later this year.

Just hand regged : OnlineMovies.pro(not quite perfect for the extension but still nice) , over 600k exacts, was FTR and plenty of nice ones still ftr. Pro is one of the most underrated gtlds if not the most.

Cheers guys!

PS. I wonder if Tech.pro deal included Techonolgy.pro ( i know Michael has both and many other premium pros).

Last edited:
•••
Pro is one of the most underrated gtlds if not the most.

We've known this for several years now...This extension could be a powerhouse if properly promoted and it seems we are heading in that direction. Still a great time to pick up some domains on the cheap as still people are largely unaware of what is going on with this extension!

•••
True, my latest names (hand reg) Scientists.pro and SeoTips.pro just to support your afirmation :) These would go in .com for easily xx,xxx in fact, scientists.com was sold for 50k few years ago.

We cannot compare though(with .com), but we can profit a lot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back