IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Per my request domain.com has lowered price on .PRO from $21.99 to $9.99 but still uncompetitive even with promocodes...

Well, that's certainly an improvement in pricing! I added Uniregistry.com to my list recently. Since I already have a few other registrars that I use, I hesitate to use more.

•••
$1.29 alpnames ($7.99 Renew/Transfer)
$2.93 101domain
$2.99 resellerclub
$3.18 encirca
$3.88 uniregistry
$3.99 dynadot
$3.99 moniker

Last edited:
•••
Wow Jurgen, you must be very persuasive to get a registrar to drop their prices with a quick call. ;) More registrars carrying the extension at competitive prices is certainly what we need to get .PRO into the mainstream.

Home services and long term care services are growing areas. I doubt there are enough care facilities being built in the US and Canada to meet the need.

Glad I got nursinghomes.pro then.
The amount that long term care providers will pay for a lead/referral is absolutely enormous. The companies definitely have the marketing budget commensurate to the amount of money involved in each senior who moves in.

•••
Believe me, I've looked up that domain once or twice. ;)
It's a great name. Actually, I think plural names are more valuable in the instance where the end user is looking to develop a site representing multiple people in that trade/profession (e.g. a professional office with multiple associates, directory or industry association).

I'm always surprised when people post their names in this thread; there has certainly been a few instances where one of you has beaten me to pulling the trigger on an available name I was eyeing, like camcorders, ezine and preferred.
Thanks for your input. I go back an forth over whether the plural or the singular in .pro is better. I tend to prefer the singular version in .pro myself but am still torn especially over domains like autopart.pro vs autoparts.pro where I own the singular version in this case but not the plural. then also I have conferencecall vs conferencecalls (I was able to get both of those). Better to own both obviously but more to carry each year.

•••
•••
With the recent escalation in registrations I'm hopeful the extension will remain permanently in the top 10!
At now position 12 among gTLDs (341K+ domains).
Without GoDaddy, Namecheap and 1and1 will be 500K max.

•••
Wow Jurgen, you must be very persuasive to get a registrar to drop their prices with a quick call. ;)
Not only price... they started selling .PRO after my request in 2015...
+ I spent a lot of time and nerves to join Dynadot on .PRO

Last edited:
•••
Only keeping a few as these seem extremely difficult to sell:

Aircraft
ConstructionEquipment - This and the one below are part of a larger equipment portfolio
HeavyEquipment

If any of yall want to make an offer, pm me and I'll try to work something out with you.

•••
PRO AT GODADDY.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Yep. Available at GoDaddy as of TODAY!

•••
Yep. Available at GoDaddy as of TODAY!

This is BIG NEWS, perhaps the most important thing to happen to the extension since its launch (besides the opening up of the restrictions). It was only a matter of time! :laugh: It'll be interesting to see if GoDaddy decides to feature .pro in any prominent way on their domain search/homepage.

Besides better end user recognition (more legitimacy in their eyes), GoDaddy getting into the game also bodes well for registration and renewal prices for those of us who hold a .PRO portfolio.

Edit: Going to try and list my portfolio on GoDaddy Auctions. Listing fixed price with GD Auctions or Afternic (their subsidiary) could be a way for us to get our .PRO domains featured to end users in the domain search box, no?

•••
GoDaddy's trading platform also supports .PRO at now?
This 2nd step is also needed...

•••
•••
GoDaddy's trading platform also supports .PRO at now?
This 2nd step is also needed...

Absolutely understood. But can we take a moment to let the import of this announcement sink in and feel the rays of optimism surround us for just a moment? We can begin to focus on what we don't have beginning tomorrow...

We can all remember when others on this site actually laughed and mocked us when we'd talk about the potential of .PRO. They're not laughing now. That's all I'm saying, Jurgen, with all due respect.

•••
GoDaddy selling .pro could be a BIG deal.

It's the largest registrar in the world, customers being able to move their .pro domains there is a major plus.

And once it hits the secondary channel, we'll see a major uptick in registrations too imo.

•••
I hope that we'll see the GA of LLL/NNN.PRO this year...
I still don't understand why Afilias keep them closed so many years...

•••
Amen - this could be a turning point for .pro. To the few of us who have been on board since the beginning , I raise my glass in a worldwide toast:)

•••
Very good news. I've dropped many good ones since 2008, I guess it is time to go back and review what the .PRO portfolio looks like!

•••
I picked up a few the other day that was combined with another deal. LLL.pro are rare....so I figured why not. If you see one you like let me know.

bra
wok
pug
vac
bum

•••
I picked up a few the other day that was combined with another deal. LLL.pro are rare....so I figured why not. If you see one you like let me know.

bra
wok
pug
vac
bum
Domain Status: serverHold - for ALL in this list.

•••
At now GD-effect is ~0 because availabe .PROs are not showing in search results for keywords... *pro.com is always offered instead...

•••
Solid HK-enduser: hospitality.pro (2007-2023)

•••
I don't know what to say....other than this is sweeeeet!! news.

•••
Chinese show is over.
Just ~500 domains netgain per last 2 days...

Last edited:
•••
Wow I always thought godaddy sold .pro

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back