Dynadot

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mind sharing the "domain name" (singular, one) that you submitted after CDAY.com?

Actually I submitted at least 2 or 3 so I don't understand you wanting to point out ""domain name" (singular, one) "

•••
Here is a pic of took today of the "bacon" that available in my local grocery store..
2015-06-04%2B23.16.04.png

Sorry about the poor quality of pic (modile) but "Schneider Bacon made in the U.S.A."
Notice lower left, Chicken Bacon...never tried it...never will
Is it chicken flavored bacon (pork) or bacon made from a chicken?

•••
Actually I submitted at least 2 or 3 so I don't understand you wanting to point out ""domain name" (singular, one) "
You're more than welcome to submit a ticket.

Thanks

•••
•••
•••
"My computer won’t turn on… Can you remote in and take a look?"

•••
I should be doing homework, but I'm not.

82 degrees / 87% humidity
Nice cloud coverage... almost beach weather.

•••
For the record.
I have no issue with any one person on this forum.
I am not into the whole conspiracy thing.

Little Black Kitty says:

I am not socially engineering in any way.
images

And also:

Yes. The thread title contains boobs.

•••
For the record.
I have no issue with any one person on this forum.
I am not into the whole conspiracy thing.

Little Black Kitty says:

I am not socially engineering in any way.
images

And also:

Yes. The thread title contains boobs.
I thought they were eyeballs.

•••
•••
•••
I thought @JB Lions might like

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

and

❚█══█❚

Not sure if the middle finger is too much.....

•••
•••
┌∩┐( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)┌∩┐

•••
Side Note
I did learn though that changing the title of a thread is bad news because it breaks things so the current thread title is the last time I will ever change it. I think bacon, boobs and stuff just about covers it
Side note be damned?

:xf.confused:

•••
•••
Chicken that is cut, cured, to resemble bacon....Like a chicken hot dog compared to beef
The source for chicken Bacon:
Funny-Chicken-Pig-300x261.jpg

•••
I'd like to address some of the concerns posted in this thread.

All Blog posts go through an approval process and have detailed guidelines that they must meet even before they hit the editorial manager’s table for the final say. At no time is there any favoritism involved in blog article consideration. The blog area is available for anyone to submit as long as they meet the criteria outlined in the publishing rules and pass a manual inspection.

Affiliate links were prohibited for many years and recently we decided to test pilot allowing them in a few area of the community. The Marketing section of the rules were updated recently along with a few other rules in an ongoing effort to provide a more structured and consistent rule guide. The current affiliate rule is outlined as follows: “3.2. Affiliate links are only permitted in theAvailable Domain Names andExpired Domains and Expiring Domains areas,NamePros Blog articles, and insignatures. Affiliate links must have the URL embedded in text as a hyperlink, not pasted as a URL.”

The rule updates have been ongoing for the last few weeks and we will continue to make updates for the next 30 days (Note: The rules and TOS are subject to updates at any time without warning, as per the user agreement). We’ll make a more official announcement once we get caught up with the updates and link everyone to the new rules and guides.

It’s important to keep in mind that whilst one topic may fit in a specific forum category, newsworthy topics may find themselves in the Domain News or Blog area of the community. It’s not uncommon for many submitted articles to be rejected for various reasons. Please don’t take a rejected article personal.

As for the Top Domains forum, please keep in mind that what one person deals with daily and considers the gem of all times, most others will see it as a chunk of dirt. It goes both ways. We try to keep the evaluation process fair by checking all 27 valuing factors you see listed here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-evaluation-and-appraisals-guide.860781/#section-02010000

It's rare to see many people using all 27 factors when they appraise a domain, so naturally there's going to be different opinions and views on value. At the end of the day, we do try to limit the amount of questionable domains from being listed in order to retain some of the sanctity of the high priced forum (recently named Top Domains). If some slip through the cracks that others don't agree with, we apologize for offending you. However, there's no perfect way to evaluate a domain that will please everyone. So we do the best we can. At least you don't see names like: hellomyfriend.info, chargemycellphonetoday.com, jumpupanddown.org, wiggleyourloosebits.net, arereduparound.com, etc... There's more names than you can imagine that get declined every day from being listed. It's a constant filtering process that never ends and occasionally, as mentioned before, one may slip through some don't agree with.

One thing we can all probably agree on, though, is that everyone holds some sentimental value for their own names and thus feels that their name is better than others. Just like people that focus on a single niche will see more value in related niche names than names in other people's niches.

Approval into the Pro group is run by its members via a voting process. Every member in the group is essentially a moderator of the group (but not outside the group) and they all share equal control of the group. Everything comes down to a vote. In fact, I'm the only NamePros Moderator in the group, and my role is simply to carry out their wishes after they vote on things. We are actively monitoring all members of the Pro group and remove any that fail to meet the criteria at any time. The criteria is outlined transparently for everyone to see on this page.

Badges represent different groups that a member may have earned, upgraded into, joined, or were elected for. Each group is different and many have a badge that displays on a members postbit and profile providing recognition of being part of said group. Not all groups can be easily earned and require pre-qualification to join. Many badges, including but not limited to: Trusted contest holder, Pro, VIP, Trusted Blogger, Company Representative Badge, etc. assist in providing members with an easy way to identify a trusted or authorized member that can assist them professionally. E.g. - A Company Representative Badge helps you know who is an authorized staff member of a company in the industry that you can go to for support with related questions. Another example would be the Trusted Contest Holder Badge, which helps you identify with a member that has paid / awarded a minimum of 3 design contests with cash prizes. This allows designers to enter a contest with more confidence.

Just a reminder, we have a zero tolerance on shill bidding and accounts found to be engaging in such activities find themselves with limited to no access to the community or marketplace. We do not make exceptions for any members on this rule.

We appreciate each and every member along with all their suggestions and feedback on how we can maintain NamePros as the number one domain investor community in the industry. We are constantly growing/expanding and have to adapt, improvise, and overcome all the growing pains a company must be subjected to as they exceed goals and venture into uncharted waters.

Please keep in mind that NamePros and its staff are here to help and that we are always available to assist you with any questions or disputes. I am also happy to personally assist anyone that may have problems with other members or staff in situations you feel need to remain private.

Also, don’t forget that we have a suggestions and feedback forum. I would love to hear everyone's suggestions on how NamePros can better its best.

•••
•••
•••
For the last two years, NamePros has been working extremely hard to change things for the better. Some changes have been well received, others have not. That’s inevitable with change. Still, the goal is always the same: improve NamePros. We appreciate respectful and constructive feedback. If you bring something to our attention that needs to be fixed, then we will evaluate it and respond accordingly. Many parts of NamePros have been improved thanks to member feedback. Of course, it's impossible to please everyone.

The way some members are behaving about these issues in this thread is not constructive or fair to the hard work that we've been doing to make NamePros better for everyone. We do not earn any money from these recent changes; they were made for the sole purpose of bringing more useful content to members, absolutely free.

NamePros has never taken money for any of the things that have been speculated: VIP badges, PRO badges, rule changes, affiliate links, blog articles, inclusion in top domains, etc. We have been very mindful about where we allow affiliate links, and we believe those specific areas will receive better content as a result. As always, the goal is to provide more useful content to members. We do not collect any commission or use any affiliate links of our own.

Everyone is welcome to submit ideas to us and if we believe they will help the community, then we will support them and their ideas without prejudice. Rules that were put in place 10 years ago will be evaluated the same way as rules instated yesterday. If something can be changed for the better, we're eager to discuss it in a professional and respectful manner with any and all members.

The presentation of comments in this thread has been accusatory and destructive. If your true intentions are to help NamePros, then please present yourself and your opinions in a constructive manner and in the designated area: Contact Namepros Support. We are more than happy to discuss every change to NamePros with an open mind and respect. We look forward to speaking with those of you who are interested in having a thoughtful and productive discussion.

•••
Thanks Eric. Sorry you had to be wedged between freaky farm animals and Lego naughty bits.

•••
•••
Side note be damned? :xf.confused:
Actually, turns out that Xenforo is much smarter than I thought. If you put in old links it finds things just fine.

I'd like to address some of the concerns posted in this thread.

All Blog posts go through an approval process and have detailed guidelines that they must meet even before they hit the editorial manager’s table for the final say. At no time is there any favoritism involved in blog article consideration. The blog area is available for anyone to submit as long as they meet the criteria outlined in the
publishing rules and pass a manual inspection.
This post failed TWO of the publishing rules (you changed one since)
https://www.namepros.com/blog/daily...-fee-only-quality-numbers-2-3-6-7-8-9.862691/

This post failed on TWO of the publishing rules (length is 140.. originality is zero):
https://www.namepros.com/blog/hongkong-com-and-taiwan-com-appear-on-flippa.862803/

Appreciate the feedback but it's disingenuous as there are no guidelines being met that I can see.

You need a new editorial manager because to me the value of the blog section is being destroyed - I don't know who James Siles is but about 5-6% of his entire contribution to NP over the last 5 years has been blog posts of little value in the last WEEK. Ali has three sets of "lists".

Meanwhile Paul who writes something that might actually be meaningful to someone in domaining has his blog post immediately relegated to SIXTH behind all that nonsense.

Why would anyone with something interesting to say actually blog? It's not really a showcase at all. And that's what it should be. It should be an attraction to get people interested and get exposure if you have something interesting to say. You can judge a lot by comments and I'll get to that.

It’s important to keep in mind that whilst one topic may fit in a specific forum category, newsworthy topics may find themselves in the Domain News or Blog area of the community. It’s not uncommon for many submitted articles to be rejected for various reasons. Please don’t take a rejected article personal.
I would take it personally based on the crap that has been approved. Just my opinion - it's not my forum but you're allowing a potential show case be nothing more than junk. Look at the comments - is ThIS what you want to showcase?

-All gone...be interested to see if they used your links today.
--People sure like hoovering up your lists Ali, 5 have been registered already.
---Yea, no worries. It's just a simple form of thank you. :)
---Yikes. FreeFantasy.Football was just taken too!

.xyz is only 1.00 to reg right now. Nice!
-And for good reason ;)
--But it's only 1.00 !!! Come on now!! Hahaha!:laugh:
---Haha! So is a cheeseburger from McDonalds! Doesn't mean it's good for you! :xf.grin:

That's not even high quality shoot the sh.. stuff right there. But hey, if that's what NP wants to promote, that's what NP wants to promote and it has nothing to do with me :)

Finally. Thanks @Eric Lyon for trying to appease the angry mob in here.
It's appreciated but it falls short imho :)

I'm sure many would say that this neither I nor thread is helping the community either and I'd be inclined to disagree .. and be told I'm wrong but you're nice enough to come here and make a lengthy post. To be fair, you might want to share it in more open space.. not every regular comes in here.

•••
For the last two years, NamePros has been working extremely hard to change things for the better. Some changes have been well received, others have not. That’s inevitable with change. Still, the goal is always the same: improve NamePros. We appreciate respectful and constructive feedback. If you bring something to our attention that needs to be fixed, then we will evaluate it and respond accordingly. Many parts of NamePros have been improved thanks to member feedback. Of course, it's impossible to please everyone.
It is true. There have been lots of improvements and they are appreciated.

The presentation of comments in this thread has been accusatory and destructive. If your true intentions are to help NamePros, then please present yourself and your opinions in a constructive manner and in the designated area: Contact Namepros Support. We are more than happy to discuss every change to NamePros with an open mind and respect. We look forward to speaking with those of you who are interested in having a thoughtful and productive discussion.
The presentation of SOME comments in this thead. Not all. I don't think I've been destructive - I've tried to present things in a light-hearted manner and I have not at any point suggested ANY of the things you said - bribery, payment, etc. All I've done is state the obvious. I point out that criteria is not met and the criteria changes overnight. You've allowed an area to become a farce and it looks bad and if you can't see that then it doesn't matter where I post it.

I can post in namepros suggestions, namepros support what I think. The current "blog" criteria is pathetic. So pathetic that normal sentient people are sitting around in a breakroom talking about it and saying how crap it is. Is that destructive? I don't know... when you shoot the sh*t... people say what's on their mind. What's on people's mind is that the Blog section is ridiculous... perhaps what's destructive is that you don't recognize the mistake. Sometimes in efforts to improve you mess up and you're messing up. Coke tried a new recipe once.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back