IT.COM

news Domain evaluation and pricing for experts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
There is no definitive formula for determining domain name value. To do a proper domain appraisal it requires an in-depth understanding of market trends, sales of comparable domain sales and industry expertise.
There are three main factors that influence the sales price of a domain name. Think of these like levers that can be moved independently of each other but add to the value of your domain.
Perceived value is what moves the market. For example, you have a plot of land, let’s say 20 acres. A real estate developer comes along to you and says, “Hey, I’ll give a premium on the market because I can put 40 houses on this land. I’ve done this multiple times and in multiple cities.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Understanding what limits #1 company to acquire a domain name that beats competition within industry or niche is a key factor in determining domain name value."
-- Simple as that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back