NameSilo

discuss Fastest way to monetize - parking, website or simple Buy Now landing page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Molly

Lyrical GangsterUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi guys. I’d like to monetize some of my domains; a way to justify the cost maintaining my portfolio.
1) Is parking worth it? These are hand regs.
2) Is there a better / faster way to monetize? And
3) is that even something I want to do? Or, am I better off keeping Atom, etc, Buy Now landing pages? Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For 99,99% of domains it's better to have a sales lander without ads, preferably Afternic lander (to pay 15% instead of 25% commission when the domain sells via Afternic which is 99% of the time for me).

Last edited:
•••
For 99,99% of domains it's better to have a sales lander without ads, preferably Afternic lander (to pay 15% instead of 25% commission when the domain sells via Afternic which is 99% of the time for me).
Thanks for the tip! I wasn’t sure how much to prioritize Afternic & Sedo.

•••
Hi guys. I’d like to monetize some of my domains; a way to justify the cost maintaining my portfolio.
3) is that even something I want to do? Or, am I better off keeping Atom, etc, Buy Now landing pages? Thanks in advance.
Any other thoughts out there?

•••
It depends on what kind of domains do you have.

If your traffic is clean and from authentic sources, high in number then you can expect to make some decent money out of parking them.

Majority of the time you won't make a dime from parking. There is a whole different type of domains which earn from parking. A good way to find out if the domain had any good active and high traffic website built on it. YOu can find this out via the Web Archives and few other tools.

•••
It depends on what kind of domains do you have.
Hi

to Op,
for any question you can conceive, it always depends on the actual domains you have.

i always advise that you park with ppc ads first and enable pages to have "may be for sale or buy this domain" type of link or banner on the page.
ie: etv.org
you need to know if any of the names receive converting traffic.

to me, sending my visitors to landers that don't pay for clicks doesn't make cents.
and... it's not about fast money,
it's more about creating an income stream that helps pay the expenses associated with maintaining the portfolio.

imo....

•••
Hi

to Op,
for any question you can conceive, it always depends on the actual domains you have.

i always advise that you park with ppc ads first and enable pages to have "may be for sale or buy this domain" type of link or banner on the page.
ie: etv.org
you need to know if any of the names receive converting traffic.

to me, sending my visitors to landers that don't pay for clicks doesn't make cents.
and... it's not about fast money,
it's more about creating an income stream that helps pay the expenses associated with maintaining the portfolio.

imo....
Hi @biggie & @Goku. Do you have a preferred parking provider? And what do you consider heavy traffic?

Last edited:
•••
Hi @biggie & @Goku. Do you have a preferred parking provider? And what do you consider heavy traffic?
I have used Bodis in the past and they are decent.

Quality traffic matters. You may have like 30-40k pageviews/visitors per month on a domain but 0 clicks. That won't make money for you as most of them might be bots?

Anything with CTR over maybe 5% is good to make money. Others might not agree but hey I enjoyed earning (not much though) with parking.

•••
I have used Bodis in the past and they are decent.

Quality traffic matters. You may have like 30-40k pageviews/visitors per month on a domain but 0 clicks. That won't make money for you as most of them might be bots?

Anything with CTR over maybe 5% is good to make money. Others might not agree but hey I enjoyed earning (not much though) with parking.

I’ve been curious about Bodis. You make a good point; thanks for the CTR reference. And like you, I’m not looking to get rich from Parking, but it sure would be great to at least earn annual registration fee — especially important if you own hundreds of domains. Thanks again.

•••
If you have 100 random domains, you'll be lucky if one of them earns enough to cover its renewal fee.

And if/when that domain sells on Afternic for let's say $3k, you'll pay $300 more in commission than if you had used an Afternic or Dan lander instead of Bodis.

Last edited:
•••
And what do you consider heavy traffic?

heavy traffic isn't necessary to earn revenue.
it all depends on click thru rate and earnings per click for each name.

ie: a name could get 100 visitors per year, and only 12 clicks, but if each click paid average $1.50, then it would be sustainable.
it's about the numbers.

And if/when that domain sells on Afternic for let's say $3k, you'll pay $300 more in commission than if you had used an Afternic or Dan lander instead of Bodis.
HI
and if it sells on sedo, then you'll pay less commission than afternic would charge.
and....you can also enable afternic landers with ads.

ie: uce.org

imo...

•••
join bodis... people falsely think bodis means parking. it doesnt. u can skip all ads and have lander only or with 1click pick any market lander. no more server changes ever. plus u get all the stats. anyone who is not on bodis is basically insane.. or likes to waste time or has no clue what bodis is or does. remember 1click and u are testing all your names for revenue with ads.. another click and u go to lander direct. dont get no better than this.. its parking and afterni and gd and dan all in one. just a click away. dont be insane now.

•••
join bodis... people falsely think bodis means parking. it doesnt. u can skip all ads and have lander only or with 1click pick any market lander. no more server changes ever. plus u get all the stats. anyone who is not on bodis is basically insane.. or likes to waste time or has no clue what bodis is or does. remember 1click and u are testing all your names for revenue with ads.. another click and u go to lander direct. dont get no better than this.. its parking and afterni and gd and dan all in one. just a click away. dont be insane now.
Hi. I read this topic too. Please explaine me last words. You mean that all domainsare better parked at Bodis and listed;em for sale at Afternic. Sedo and Dan?..

•••
Hi. I read this topic too. Please explaine me last words. You mean that all domainsare better parked at Bodis and listed;em for sale at Afternic. Sedo and Dan?..

I'm talking about landers only ...of course u should alsays list all names on all markets ... so by all in one at bodis soluton I meant that on bodis u can switch to any lander with 1 click. gd sedo etc.. they got all the landers that matter

•••
and if it sells on sedo, then you'll pay less commission than afternic would charge.
It's so rare to sell on Sedo compared to Afternic that, for me at least, it's not worth considering.

Why would you voluntarily pay 25% instead of 15% in commission on Afternic? Doesn't make sense.

What is truly insane is people that don't even list on Afternic. Now that's like flushing money down the toilet.

•••
It's so rare to sell on Sedo compared to Afternic that, for me at least, it's not worth considering.

Why would you voluntarily pay 25% instead of 15% in commission on Afternic? Doesn't make sense.

What is truly insane is people that don't even list on Afternic. Now that's like flushing money down the toilet.

well an afternic lander and listing afternic as u put it are 2 different things. many dont list on afternic cause its buggy... plus if u have large folio it's not simple to put bin on all names and keep track to remove expired etc...
dont u pay 25perxent only on dan if u are not on their dns..or this applies to afternic too?

•••
Hi

it's rare for me to sell on afternic, but i still list my domains there.

imo....

•••
dont u pay 25perxent only on dan if u are not on their dns..or this applies to afternic too?
Yes, the same applies to Afternic. 25% commission if you don't point your nameservers to them.

•••
Yes, the same applies to Afternic. 25% commission if you don't point your nameservers to them.

didnt know

so what u saying is that afternic bin network is life saving for your sales and makes all difference for u and many ... and without it the sales would be crap?

•••
didnt know

so what u saying is that afternic bin network is life saving for your sales and makes all difference for u and many ... and without it the sales would be crap?
Yes, definitely. I used to have my own landers with Efty. I only managed to sell a few domains via my landers while selling many through Afternic. Maybe I'm a terrible negotiator, but then that's yet another reason why I shouldn't have my own landers.

Anyhow, after changing landers to Afternic at the beginning of 2023, my sales volume tripled. Some of the increase in sales was due to owning better domains though... In conclusion, both listing on Afternic and using their landers are crucial for me, and they both contribute to my portfolio being profitable. Frankly, I would be out of business without them (please don't tell them:ROFL:).

•••
Yes, definitely. I used to have my own landers with Efty. I only managed to sell a few domains via my landers while selling many through Afternic. Maybe I'm a terrible negotiator, but then that's yet another reason why I shouldn't have my own landers.

Anyhow, after changing landers to Afternic at the beginning of 2023, my sales volume tripled. Some of the increase in sales was due to owning better domains though... In conclusion, both listing on Afternic and using their landers are crucial for me, and they both contribute to my portfolio being profitable. Frankly, I would be out of business without them (please don't tell them:ROFL:).

well my life savior was gd auctions.. but for 1 yrs or so now it all stopped.

do u know how many your sales are afternic lander vs afternic bin network?

•••
do u know how many your sales are afternic lander vs afternic bin network?
No I don't, but that would be great to know. People with their own Afternic reps can get that information, so that would be something to aspire for. I have a Godaddy rep but not AN rep.

•••
A passive income-generating strategy called domain parking is dependent on variables such as traffic volume and domain name. While it is not usually the most profitable choice, generating money from domains is quick and simple to get started.

Other options are to maintain landing sites, use affiliate marketing, sell domains, or build them. The ideal approach to monetize a domain may vary depending on your resources and aims. Older domains with a history of backlinks typically have more traffic and profit potential. Domain value is also influenced by traffic volume. Knowing the topics or keywords associated with your domains might help you recommend a more focused monetization plan.

•••
If you have domains just park on bodis or another parking platform for a month and check the performance if the domain generating revenue keep it on parking platform, otherwise use dan landing page.

•••
If you have domains just park on bodis or another parking platform for a month and check the performance if the domain generating revenue keep it on parking platform, otherwise use dan landing page.
I’m still trying to understand what’s considered good traffic. I monitor analytics on my portfolio, and it seems to be getting a ton of hits (about 5K in under a month).

A couple of domains seem to get a lot more action than the others, however, they almost all bounce. (Currently, almost all have Atom landing pages.)

Is this meaningful data, or am I better off pointing to Bodis for a month before assuming CTR? Hopefully I’ve phrased that well. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back