Domain Empire

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think the only thing I can say to all the speculations that Big Data is a narrow path when compared to cloud is JUST DO IT.

I have to say something that life has taught me. In the beginning, it often seem like it ain't possible but just a share faith or courage, I have found a way to survive life circumstances.

Life has never given us anything on platter of gold, it has always been difficult to achieve anything but the courageous ones just do it and survive. if they fail, they learn from it. If they succeed, they also learn from it.

Yeah sure... not everyone will make it with this names, but in the end we will learn one or two things, celebrate with those who made it and also those who didnt. Life goes on.

Guys, let's JUST DO IT!

Whether it is a narrow path or not, we never can know if we never try.

JUST DO IT.

When I left school just a few months ago, I was broke. I couldnt afford my internet connection and my laptop was not doing its job, but with the JUST DO IT attitude, I traded my knowledge for a modem and someone bought it for me with an internet connection. Within that period, I was frequenting NP often and some how a friend gave me some money when he visited me in my State.

With the help of a fellow nameproser( LuigoMike) and the JUST DO IT attitude, I made my first $500.

What matter most is JUST DO IT!

Last edited:
•••
Again, another name which i was thinking to snatch (this one is in Godaddy closeouts for 5$!)

BigDataInsider.com

One of the reasons was that the .de was registered by a quite big company in Germany. Another reason is that we already had many KeywordInsider.com sales in the past. Another reason is that you could make a blog like this: therealbigdata.com/author/insider/

But nontheless i decided to leave it. So if you like it, be fast. And if you sell this in future, don't forget this thread and let us know :)
(BTW, if you like it, i would also reg BigdataInsiders.com , the plural, to have the package)

•••
•••
Closeout Alert: :)

Following Big Data names are now @ closeouts , 11$ Each

BigDataEnterprises.com
BigDataAlert.com
OnlyBigData.com
BigDataZon.com
BigDataBeyond.com
BigDataUnlimited.com

•••
•••
Ok, I made a list from available BigData Names with Suffixes And Prefixes With Which the exact same name with Cloud instead of BigData was already Sold in the past. Please note that all Data is based on reports from Namebio and DNSaleprice and i don't guaranty that all of these sales were genuine. Plus, just because the same name with cloud was sold doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to sell the same name with big data too. But maybe this will help you to reg better names than you would do without any guidance. Many names were already taken. This is the complete rest which i could find.

All These Names were available few minutes ago:

BigDataCharge.com
(CloudCharge.com Sold For $2.750)

BigDataCrack.com
(CloudCrack.com Sold For $1.995)

BigDataSight.com
(CloudSight.com Sold For $1.030)

BigDataSlide.com
(CloudSlide.com Sold For $1.970)

BigDatativity.com
(Cloudtivity.com Sold For $1.000)

BigDataBar.com
(CloudBar.com Sold For $1.000)

BigDataTweet.com
(CloudTweet.com Sold For $1.000)

BigDataLabor.com
(CloudLabor.com Sold For $2.372)

BigDataSide.com
(CloudSide.com Sold For $1.200)

MyBigDatas.com
(MyClouds.com Sold For $3.000)

BeBigData.com
BeCloud.com Sold For $2.000)

LetsBigData.com
(LetsCloud.com Sold For $1.000)

BigDataBlue.com
(CloudBlue.com Sold For $1.700)

SiliconBigData.com
(SiliconCloud.com Sold For $950)

BigDataPot.com
(CloudPot.com Sold For $2.000)

VintageBigData.com
(VintageCloud.com Sold For $2.395)

BigDataRating.com
(CloudRating.com Sold For $3.750)

StreamBigData.com
(StreamCloud.com Sold For $6.000)

already gone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CommunityBigData.com
(CommunityCloud.net Sold For $1.500)

InTheBigData.com
(InTheCloud.com Sold For For $13.200)

HighBigData.com
(HighCloud.com Sold For $1.750)

PearBigData.com
(PearCloud.com Sold For $1.200)

BigDataBooking.com
(CloudBooking.com Sold For $3.000)

BigDataMenu.com
(CloudMenu.com Sold For $15.000)

BigDataZones.com
(CloudZones.com Sold For $5.777)

BigDataWeaver.com
(CloudWeaver.com Sold For $1.640)

FlyingBigData.com
(FlyingCloud.com Sold For $2.195)

EfficientBigData.com
(EfficientCloud.com Sold For $2.500)

InvestBigData.com
(InvestCloud.com Sold For $2.500)

OfficeBigData.com
(OfficeCloud.com Sold For $5.888)

BigDataTrax.com
(CloudTrax.com Sold For $2.500)

ServiceBigData.com
(ServiceClouds.com Sold For $706)

AtBigData.com
(AtCloud.com Sold For $399)

Good Luck and let us know which ones you took :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Very interesting thread!

Some time ago I have read about big data and took
bigdatahost.de
bigdatahosting.de
bigdataserver.de
bigdatastorage.de
but was not able to think outside the data storage thing.

Now I am late to the party, but registered a few available dot.coms, e.g.

b2bigdata
bigcumulus
bigdatabuild
bigdatacontent
bigdatadays
bigdatadeals
bigdatadisplay
bigdatagiant
bigdataguardian
bigdatamemory
bigdatasafety
bigdatashuttle
bigdataspider
bigdatastar
bigdatatemplate
bigdatatrace
bigdatawin
bigdator
cyberbigdata
gigabigdata
multibigdata

:-/

•••
Ultimately the opinion that matters is the enduser buyer, not domainer cheerleaders and critics.
Well said, but these are not real critics here, the only reason that they put down all hand regs across the board (not only in this thread, but all the other ones too) is because hand regging domains is against their business model which is based on selling their leftover domains to unsuspecting newbies. They claim that they are keeping those newbies from making mistakes, but when the newbies need help these so called critics usually ignore their questions, or worse they ridicule the newbies for even asking a question.

Last edited:
•••
Predictive domaining is not for everyone, you need to do research, otherwise you are burning money ablaze.
(How are those 3D/cloud registrations coming around ?)

Very well actually, thanks for asking....3 sales in the 3D/Cloud niche in the last 3 weeks

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Well - I put a $6000 BIN for AmericanBigData.com :) I am not in a hurry :)

regged BigDataVenture.com

Wanted to reg ConsumerBigData one week ago but forgot about it. Now its too late as i see. Shame on me !

•••
Thanks and I get your point. I am still learning as well. Thanks to FX who guide me every inch of the way.

God bless you all

Thxs buddy

Just read as much as you can and don't reg the world :)

If your still looking for big data - look to the aftermarket for drops - and use the godaddy coupons too when regging.

•••
So I assume that most of these "BigData" names are sold to Domainers, not to End-Users. :imho:

I wonder how many Cloud domains were sold to domainers before end-users?

Big Data is new on the scene with 60,500 exacts, move this on 1-2 years and your little table will look different, trust me!

Last edited:
•••
I got in late during the cloud era, but not this one and thanks to the OP of this thread.

If you got into this during this thread I would argue that you got into it late.

Teradata registered BigDataAnalytics.com back in 2009 - I picked this name because it's already clear that this is a subject with meat on the bones over 3 years ago.

Now to put things into more context. They are selling a Big Analytics Appliance... they have not yet felt the need to buy the .com - that was registered in 2012 (so Teradata I'm sure thought about it).

I don't know why they haven't because a lot of what they do centers on the appliance concept. I've been to conferences back in 2006? where TeraData was selling a data appliance... so, it's not new science.

I just bought a 99c xxPROS.com site because I see it in mr coleys signature all the time... lol

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I would rather fail taking action.

Big Data will/is be SOLD under the umbrella of existing service (predominantly cloud) - Amazon will sell under their elastic brand and others (as mentioned) as appliances etc.

Comparing the trends shows HOW different and broad CLOUD is to BIG DATA imho even factoring in Cloud Atlas and real Clouds and a couple of irrelevant contexts:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=cloud, big data&cmpt=q

It's IMPACT will be felt on marketing.

The money will always be in selling where the IMPACT/ROI is. Data is LOW VALUE. Information is HIGH VALUE.

I suggest if you are going to take action you look at the RESULTS of big data hype not the term itself (marketing.analytics.metrics.optimization.trends.insight) etc. These are what CONSUMERS will be looking for in the long run... I'm sure there are other terms.

Should note that most of all the good terms are taken in that marketing space because they have been universally important since the internet began :) There are brandables but I've yet to figure out how one would sell brandables without being approached first so it's more luck based (my opinion)

Last edited:
•••
...wow

* i mean it seems Godaddy codes can have some unpredictable side effects..

•••
...wow

* i mean it seems Godaddy codes can have some unpredictable side effects..

One of the side effects of looking for domains about new trends and new technologies is that one becomes more knowlegable about these subjects as doing research is a vital part in finding good domains. :)

On a side note:

“ Open Data Institute to open this week, highlighting big data innovation in the UK “

http://thenextweb.com/uk/2012/12/03/open-data-takes-a-step-forward-with-its-own-institute-in-the-uk/

-

•••
Hi Fx and others

a question for you which has me intrigued, and may improve my domaining skills:

Why is aftermarket or drops better then handregging? I come across this all the time. All feedback is appreciated. :)

Right now all the best domains are taken - so looking at drops you can grab domains that where regged a longtime ago..... hopefully being better then anything that is available right now.

•••
Holy crap.D-:
Meanwhile you guys are registering anything with this term the longer this thread gets. Maybe time to pause for a moment and be a little more "selective" ? Its your money after all and i am by no means a naysayer and big data is a huge opportunity for sure, but i am already beginning to smell dead fishes swimming with the stream. Excuse my growing sceptisism and wariness.

Last edited:
•••
I reg'd BigDataSeattle, BigDataAtWork, and DataMainstream using the latest GD .99 discount code LKSRTL99X. I think there are a few other choice big data cities/geo that may be good in addition to Seattle, but I'm drawing the line there. In the spirit of holiday giving, (for better or worse) here are some other places I researched where tech/big data are said to be hot (all might not be available for reg):
DC, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Boston, New York, LA, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, St Louis, Toronto.

Some other names that I decided against in case others see more value than I do:
AIBigData.com, BDCloudApp.com, BDCloudApps.com, BigBizData.com, BigDataAnalyzation.com, BigDataArchaeology.com, BigDataAugmentation.com, BigDataBacklash.com, BigDatable.com, BigDataCharting.com, BigDataCleansing.com, BigDataconomy.com, BigDataCorrection.com, BigDataCracker.com, BigDataDetection.com, BigDataDredging.com, BigDataEdge.com, BigDataErrorCorrection.com, BigDataEvaluation.com, BigDataExtraction.com, BigDataFindings.com, BigDataFish.com, BigDataForBeginners.com, BigDataGenerator.com, BigDataGenetics.com, BigDataGuard.com, BigDataHarvesting.com, BigDataImagery.com, BigDataImport.com, BigDataIndexing.com, BigDataInspection.com, Bigdatainternational.com, BigDataInterpretation.com, BigDataKnowledgeDiscovery.com, BigDatal.com, BigDataLight.com, BigDataLinx.com, BigDataMadeVisible.com, BigDataMerge.com, BigDataMerging.com, BigDataModification.com, BigDataMoment.com, BigDataPackages.com, BigDataPass.com, BigDataPersonified.com, BigDataPreparation.com, BigDataPreprocessing.com, BigDataQualityManagement.com, BigDataRDBMS.com, BigDataReplication.com, BigDataRevealed.com, BigDataRevenue.com, BigDataRich.com, BigDataScrub.com, BigDataScrubbing.com, BigDataSelection.com, BigDataSite.com, BigDataSmaller.com, BigDataSmallPond.com, BigDataSweep.com, BigDataSynergy.com, BigDataTamer.com, BigDataTechnicians.com, BigDataTranslation.com, BigDataTrove.com, BigDataTrust.com, BigDataUsage.com, BigDataVac.com, BigDataValidation.com, BigDatavert.com, BigDataVise.com, BigDataWash.com, BigDataWashing.com, BigDataWell.com, BigdBase.com, BigITData.com, ConsumerBigData.com, GeneticBigData.com, HadoopDevelopmentTools.com, HadTools.com, InsuranceBigData.com, LinkBigData.com, MakeBigDataSmaller.com, NetworkBigData.com, ParseBigData.com, RapidBigData.com, SeeBigData.com, SeeingBigData.com, ShrinkBigData.com, TrustBigData.com, UltraBigData.com.

They may not be great, but hey, you get what you pay for. Happy holidays to all, and may 2013 be the year of Big Data domain sales. :yell::$:

•••
Sorry to hear that Mrcurly. That's not right at all. We may be competing but you don't have to be a snake.

Im going to let the cat out of the bag because one of my so called friends may have stabbed me in the back.

I agreed a deal to buy -

DataPros.com

And I told 3 of my so called closest friends about it, two of them even asked me how much I was buying it for, the seller has just told me that he has received another offer today through sedo this morning, how funny since I told my so called 3 friends I am doing the deal today.

So I have decided to let the cat out of the bag so other potential buyers can contact the owner and make a bid, let the wars begin.

I will not disclose who I told about the domain but it is the last time I trust a domainer, my own fault for thinking I had friends and being daft to trust people that I don't really know.

The domain is going really cheap but I made an offer that only I could afford.

P.S.

This was part of his email to me -

"I also want to give you a heads up on today's fresh development - it would appear like I'm making it up, but I suspect it might come from someone with information that you are in the process of acquiring datapros.com.
I received an unsolicited offer of $xxxx for the domain & acquisition to be made through sedo.com. I'm not sure how genuine it is, & this hasn't happened to me before - just letting you know as you might have unknowingly triggered this out-of-blue-too-coincidental offer somehow.
"

P.P.S. I must admit, this happening has completely saddened me!

•••
Sad to see, but remember we are all out to get the best domains at the lowest price, this is what we do, whether against someone you know or not. Its the same if we all in a namejet or godaddy auction for a name. Highest bidder wins.

Stu, the main lesson learnt here is never tell anyone you are buying a name until the name is in your account, not even if the seller as agreed on a price, they will always change their mind when a higher offer comes along, thats just business, especially when you haven't got a contract written up or a legal document done up.

I personally don't think its right either where you are letting everyone know so they might place an offer. The best thing to do here is take it as a lesson learnt and move on and remember, get the name in your account before announcing anything

Hope you get the name you want Stu

•••
The vast majority of domains in this thread are not good, will never sell and will be dropped. Is that the fault of naysayers ?
Just because a $0.99 coupon was used doesn't mean you have to burn money, a bad reg costs the same as a good reg.
I don't think the trick is to buy as many domains as possible, instead buy a few but high quality ones. But it's just me.

•••
where do you receive these offers? Do you contact end users or they contact you.

Because I got really similar domains (bigdatademand and americanbigdata) and a bunch of other big data domains and still got no offer.

americanbigdata vs bigdataamerica
bigdatademand vs bigdataondemand

huge difference - yours are way weaker..

imho

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back