IT.COM

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Very interesting thread!

Some time ago I have read about big data and took
bigdatahost.de
bigdatahosting.de
bigdataserver.de
bigdatastorage.de
but was not able to think outside the data storage thing.

Now I am late to the party, but registered a few available dot.coms, e.g.

b2bigdata
bigcumulus
bigdatabuild
bigdatacontent
bigdatadays
bigdatadeals
bigdatadisplay
bigdatagiant
bigdataguardian
bigdatamemory
bigdatasafety
bigdatashuttle
bigdataspider
bigdatastar
bigdatatemplate
bigdatatrace
bigdatawin
bigdator
cyberbigdata
gigabigdata
multibigdata

:-/

•••
hmmm... screw me. I forgot to register cyberbigdata and just allowed todays activity to cloud me.

•••
•••
Hmm, had BigData3D and BigDataPlace on my list to reg, but looks like they were taken a short time ago.

Looks like you snooze, you lose with BD names :)

•••
Three more for me:

BigDataAfrica.com

Can’t go wrong with a whole continent :)

BigDataAnalyticsServices.com

A little long, but Analytics is what Big Data is all about!

RealTimeVisualization.com

The best way for people to understand all that data is through visualization.

•••
Plenty of bad names in this thread. A clone of the tap/cloud/3D threads :'(

•••
•••
WhatsUpBigData.com and BigDataDawg.com are still available for hand reg... :blink:

•••
tap3dbigdatagangnamstylecloud.com was free last time I checked. But things change fast in this business.

That's weird: someone removed the tag "big risk" from the thread. Can't only a mod or administrator remove tags?

•••
I dunno but I feel like adding the tag big blah blah ;)

•••
Plenty of bad names in this thread. A clone of the tap/cloud/3D threads :'(
bigdatarush.com and bigdatafever.com are available.

Last edited:
•••
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D1CQ_LOizA"]Explaining Big Data - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8623HlYd4"]Google I/O 2012 - Crunching Big Data with BigQuery - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B27SpLOOhWw"]What is Big Data? Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Vnke8ryco"]What is Big Data? Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

•••
Running all these negative criticisms through Big Data Analytics shows that some people here might actually be a little bit jealous of all the quality hand regs that they see in this thread. :)

•••
I agree that there are some weird names being regged. There are no decent hand-regged names available in .COM and there haven't been for a while, if you going to hand reg something, look at alternate extensions and try and get the obvious keywords that make sense (Analytiocs, Servers, Storage, Solutions, etc)

If you are looking for a decent .COM, you will have to email the existing owner and try and get a bargain

Just my advice

•••
BigAssData.com & BadAssData.com is taken.:wave:

•••
•••
I agree that there are some weird names being regged. There are no decent hand-regged names available in .COM and there haven't been for a while,..
Are you saying that BigDataAfrica.com that I hand regged today has no end-user or development potentials. :-/

•••
Are you saying that BigDataAfrica.com that I hand regged today has no end-user or development potentials. :-/
You've been a member for a long time, you should know what kind of names do make sense... or not.

•••
You've been a member for a long time, you should know what kind of names do make sense... or not.
Africa has made a lot of advancements in the last few years and there are now many tech companies that have expanded their operations in this continent.

•••
What about BigDataAntarctica.com

Antarctica is a happening place with like a population of one!

Great honeymoon spot.

I see this name sky rocketing!

Hahah, felt like be funny!

•••
You will struggle imo because companies won't buy a name like this because:

They are specific to a certain country, not a whole continent, it doesn't make sense for a south African company to own bigdataafrica.com, BigDataRSA.co.za or BigDataService.co.za would make more sense

South Africa is about the only country in Africa that would really adopt big data in a big way. The rest of africa just doesnt have the IT infrastructure, budget or professionals for this type of tech. To be honest, the won't really care about big data, there are much more pressing issues they have to worry about

I am from Durban and go back to see family every year, so I am not just some outsider guessing what happens in Africa

South Africa also primarily use .co.za

99% of Africa won't even know what big data is...

Development might be your only option, but I think it will be tough to monetize this one

Just my opinion, good luck buddy

•••
If you want to ride an emerging trend, you still need a meaningful domain.
Just because you were the first to register some domain doesn't give you any particular edge if the domain is bad.

People are putting keywords together, that don't make sense. The names showcased here seriously lack brandability or the wow factor.

(just imo of course, but it's a fact that quality is absent in this thread, don't shoot the messenger)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back