Dynadot

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
sold and pushed (sedo)

.com

xxxbigdata
bigdataxxx.

$250 each

most are holding - so sales are low... I'm emailing and selling

•••
sold and pushed (sedo)

.com

xxxbigdata
bigdataxxx.

$250 each

most are holding - so sales are low... I'm emailing and selling

Does it make sense to let sedo price my domains and let them list like that?

Do you find you get more unique views and or sales that way?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
•••
it really depend's how much you want for your domain ..and then stick a fixed price on there...

I emailed a owner for a data domain and it always comes back at $10,000 or sometimes a million - domainers don't know how to price a domain and get a sale...if he had said $500 to $1500 he would be richer ex for a newly regged domain.

•••
Regged bigdata dot bg

My home country extension :)

•••
Im going to let the cat out of the bag because one of my so called friends may have stabbed me in the back.

I agreed a deal to buy -

DataPros.com

And I told 3 of my so called closest friends about it, two of them even asked me how much I was buying it for, the seller has just told me that he has received another offer today through sedo this morning, how funny since I told my so called 3 friends I am doing the deal today.

So I have decided to let the cat out of the bag so other potential buyers can contact the owner and make a bid, let the wars begin.

I will not disclose who I told about the domain but it is the last time I trust a domainer, my own fault for thinking I had friends and being daft to trust people that I don't really know.

The domain is going really cheap but I made an offer that only I could afford.

P.S.

This was part of his email to me -

"I also want to give you a heads up on today's fresh development - it would appear like I'm making it up, but I suspect it might come from someone with information that you are in the process of acquiring datapros.com.
I received an unsolicited offer of $xxxx for the domain & acquisition to be made through sedo.com. I'm not sure how genuine it is, & this hasn't happened to me before - just letting you know as you might have unknowingly triggered this out-of-blue-too-coincidental offer somehow.
"

P.P.S. I must admit, this happening has completely saddened me!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Mrcurly, I understand you sentiment and it is obvious as you have explained here.

But I remember one of the words of FX and he said, on this same thread, "Remember, we are all competing against one another"

You shouldn't have done that... but take heart. I know how you feel. It is like losing a baby.

I remember when I stupidly and reluctantly never registered cyberBigData.com and within a few hours, it was gone. I felt bad but not as bad as you may feel right now, because I didnt tell the buyer. But I guess innovation did wherein I failed to recognise it.

Just take heart and learn from it.

•••
The seller has just told me -

" There seems to be a flurry of interested parties from everywhere suddenly & I'm not sure what the domain will fetch in the end."

And to be honest I am soooooo glad!

And to the person who went behind my back, I bet you didn't think I could do this, Ha!

A Bidding Tsunami , brilliant!

Last edited:
•••

" There seems to be a flurry of interested parties from everywhere suddenly & I'm not sure what the domain will fetch in the end."

And to the person who went behind my back, I bet you didn't think I could do this, Ha!

This plan would be more brilliant if you did this on your own name..

•••
Sorry to hear that Mrcurly. That's not right at all. We may be competing but you don't have to be a snake.

Im going to let the cat out of the bag because one of my so called friends may have stabbed me in the back.

I agreed a deal to buy -

DataPros.com

And I told 3 of my so called closest friends about it, two of them even asked me how much I was buying it for, the seller has just told me that he has received another offer today through sedo this morning, how funny since I told my so called 3 friends I am doing the deal today.

So I have decided to let the cat out of the bag so other potential buyers can contact the owner and make a bid, let the wars begin.

I will not disclose who I told about the domain but it is the last time I trust a domainer, my own fault for thinking I had friends and being daft to trust people that I don't really know.

P.S.

"I also want to give you a heads up on today's fresh development - it would appear like I'm making it up, but I suspect it might come from someone with information that you are in the process of acquiring datapros.com.
I received an unsolicited offer of $xxxx for the domain & acquisition to be made through sedo.com. I'm not sure how genuine it is, & this hasn't happened to me before - just letting you know as you might have unknowingly triggered this out-of-blue-too-coincidental offer somehow.
"

•••

That does suck.
That is why I say,
Keep your friends close and your competition far, far away ;)

•••
I reg'd

DataPros (co.uk)

last week

Its bad if one of your friends tried to beat you to a valuable domain, but since you announced the purchase of DataPros (co.uk) here on the forum a few days before you must consider the fact that perhaps some people other than your friends could have become interested in inquiring about the .com version once they saw all the favorable comments that you got about your DataPros (co.uk) . (just saying)

•••
sorry to here that mrcurly, people should know better

DataPros.com

•••

I agreed a deal to buy -

DataPros.com

P.S.

"

Just keep it hot and keep it moving. Not worth your time.

Reg'd and now auctioning on Sedo:

BigDataProz.com

•••
This plan would be more brilliant if you did this on your own name..

I already thought this, might come in handy one day!

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Its bad if one of your friends tried to beat you to a valuable domain, but since you announced the purchase of DataPros (co.uk) here on the forum a few days before you must consider the fact that perhaps some people other than your friends could have become interested in inquiring about the .com version once they saw all the favorable comments that you got about your DataPros (co.uk) . (just saying)

Its funny you should mention this, because I have a feeling that the person who knew I was completing the sale on that particular day might mention that i did post about the co.uk

To be honest I am over it now, I have a list of 4 other domains on my radar and I have just snapped one of them up!

Eye of the tiger!

•••
Sad to see, but remember we are all out to get the best domains at the lowest price, this is what we do, whether against someone you know or not. Its the same if we all in a namejet or godaddy auction for a name. Highest bidder wins.

Stu, the main lesson learnt here is never tell anyone you are buying a name until the name is in your account, not even if the seller as agreed on a price, they will always change their mind when a higher offer comes along, thats just business, especially when you haven't got a contract written up or a legal document done up.

I personally don't think its right either where you are letting everyone know so they might place an offer. The best thing to do here is take it as a lesson learnt and move on and remember, get the name in your account before announcing anything

Hope you get the name you want Stu

•••
Giles

I know it was wrong to name the domain but I was at boiling point yesterday.

It was also wrong for the seller to agree the price and sale to me and when another offer comes in at the last minute writes to me "another offer has come in " and "if we agree a new price".

Im sick of thinking about it now, good luck to the buyer and seller.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Stuart, don't take this stuff personally mate, its all a business and to avoid get to "boiling points", get a simple document signed, it avoids all the issues and people won't back down out of offers they have made, because of what could happen.

Without face to face dealings, anyone can just walk away whenever the want, or accept another offer. Don't trust anyone when dealing with "anonymous" people, even if you know them well over the internet.

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Your all fired. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

•••
Why has this thread gone cold.

New godaddy discount codes have put me back in the game with two top domains. :)

PokerBigData.com

and

BigDataPoker.com

•••
Why has this thread gone cold.

New godaddy discount codes have put me back in the game with two top domains. :)

PokerBigData.com

and

BigDataPoker.com

how long did you expect the 'excitement' to last ?/ Now the hard part ...selling them all

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back