IT.COM

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My new domain:

BigDataEnterprise.com​

Ended up getting it through one of the godaddy affiliates.

•••
My new domain:

BigDataEnterprise.com​

Term is much more commonly referred to the other way around. You have thousands of companies with Enterprise Data... but only one Data Enterprise.

Not sure what you mean by GoDaddy affiliates.

Good luck.

•••
Term is much more commonly referred to the other way around. You have thousands of companies with Enterprise Data... but only one Data Enterprise.

You might be right, but BigDataEnterprise.com sounds and looks good as a brandable domain. For now I am just happy that I got this domain, I'll have one year to decide what to do with it. :)

•••
My new domain:

BigDataEnterprise.com​

Congrats, I missed this domain in GD backorder auctions. I see it is in good hands. Good luck, big data in the enterprise doesn´t have to be explained.

•••
BigDataBI.com now secured B-)
(Big Data Business Intelligence)

•••
Congrats, I missed this domain in GD backorder auctions. I see it is in good hands. Good luck, big data in the enterprise doesn´t have to be explained.

Thanks, I have been around long enough that I know a good domain when I see one. :)

BigDataBI.com now secured B-)
(Big Data Business Intelligence)

Business Intelligence is what big data is all about in the form of insights gained through analytics.

Another brandable domain that I got:

InsightSmart.com

I guess it could also be branded as InsightsMart.com :)

Last edited:
•••
I guess it could also be branded as InsightsMart.com :)

Like the company here called BrandsMart (or is BrandSmart). Every day they on TV they say BrandsMart but I think putting smart in the name is better. Shop here if you're smart!

I actually think it's deliberate.

Smart in two words is almost always an adjective so should be first so I think the suggestion, though facetious(?), is actually sensible in trying to use this name.

Not sure if you can sell precanned insight though - but then the analytics world is changing in real-time.

Good luck.

•••
Like the company here called BrandsMart (or is BrandSmart). Every day they on TV they say BrandsMart but I think putting smart in the name is better. Shop here if you're smart!

Smart in two words is almost always an adjective so should be first so I think the suggestion, though facetious(?), is actually sensible in trying to use this name.

Not sure if you can sell precanned insight though - but then the analytics world is changing in real-time.

Good luck.

What makes most of the domains on this thread acceptable is the cost of acquisition. At $8 (or less with coupon) or the price of a backorder it will be great loss not to take advantage of the Big Data trend while the window of opportunity is still open. IMO

PS: Although when it comes to new trends and technologies like "Big Data" its probably best to only take a chance with domains that make sense and that relate to an "actual" application for "Big Business".

Last edited:
•••
What makes most of the domains on this thread acceptable is the cost of acquisition. At $8 (or less with coupon) or the price of a backorder it will be great loss not to take advantage of the Big Data trend while the window of opportunity is still open. IMO

That is not a great loss but a small loss :O

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

PS: Although when it comes to new trends and technologies like "Big Data" its probably best to only take a chance with domains that make sense and that relate to an accrual application for "Big Business".

You must work in finance with the accrual typo - kind of thing I do all the time :)

BigDataholics.com has what application? I know you said this was a "fun" registration... so I'm being a little snarky but I mean it in good spirits.

As i stated an - I think the focus should be on what Big Data supposedly provides. Don't worry - I have the WORST name registered in this niche you just don't know what it is because I didn't share it. :lol:

•••
You must work in finance with the accrual typo - kind of thing I do all the time :)

That was supposed to be "actual". :)

BigDataholics.com has what application? I know you said this was a "fun" registration... so I'm being a little snarky but I mean it in good spirits.
Everyone is allowed a few domains that they like personally. :)

As i stated an - I think the focus should be on what Big Data supposedly provides. Don't worry - I have the WORST name registered in this niche you just don't know what it is because I didn't share it. :lol:
By sharing our new regs on this thread we all can get new ideas for other domains from one another.

You got to admit that there are some good domains on this thread considering the low cost of acquisition. (aside from BigDataholics.com :))

Now back to finding some more good domains. :)

•••

Likewise PetSmart

Edit: BTW, just thought of (but it's regged, don't think I'd want it anyway):

bigdatahead

Phonotically:

Big Datahead

Big Date Ahead

Now that I think about it, it would be pretty dumb that way.

•••
Just received a $100 sedo offer for BigDataFormat which i will knock back.

•••
wow.. I have not actually hosted any of my bigdata domain names just yet...* Runs out *

•••

Nice! I just got FormatBigData for $2.95.

Good form, thanks for the idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just regged BigDataCollaboration.com

seems to have quite a few relevant search results...

•••
*pending

Last edited:
•••
Big Data Daddy

Ok, so i spent my entire family's Christmas money (tree and all) on domain names for big data. Hopefully they are not all coal, and a few diamonds....

Android Big Data (dot) com
Bank Big Data (dot) com
Big Data Text Book (dot) com
Big Data Text Books (dot) com
Big Data Mining Streams (dot) com
Big Data Map-Reduce (dot) com

The last two terms are everywhere within Big Data. The textbook one will be killer for people in school. This addresses the issue brought up by a previous post regarding a shortage of people in that specialty who will need books for class. A few Big Data text books on Amazon aren't even available until 2013.

Freebie:
Big Data EBook (dot) com
Big Data EBooks (dot) com

These are available...
:imho:

Last edited:
•••
•••
how many have u bought

That makes 8 total.

(Also, Format Big Data (dot) com)

I think it cost me about $40 or so. It is more fun than a Met game, and I get to keep it afterwards as my souvenir. Try that with baseball tickets:wave:

Could YOU turn any of those to gold? Any advice will feed my starving family.

•••
holy Jeff I thought you were gonna say hundreds on new regs - lol

$40 is not too bad - but stop hand regging right now.... and if you want any big data domains use the spare cash on fresh drops or on the aftermarket...or just spend it on your family :)

•••
•••
holy Jeff I thought you were gonna say hundreds on new regs - lol

$40 is not too bad - but stop hand regging right now.... and if you want any big data domains use the spare cash on fresh drops or on the aftermarket...or just spend it on your family :)

Hi Fx and others

a question for you which has me intrigued, and may improve my domaining skills:

Why is aftermarket or drops better then handregging? I come across this all the time. All feedback is appreciated. :)

•••
Hi Fx and others

a question for you which has me intrigued, and may improve my domaining skills:

Why is aftermarket or drops better then handregging? I come across this all the time. All feedback is appreciated. :)

Right now all the best domains are taken - so looking at drops you can grab domains that where regged a longtime ago..... hopefully being better then anything that is available right now.

•••

The trick is to avoid aftermarket purchases of recent bad registrations... You have to be far more discerning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back