IT.COM

advice Should we hold Onto LLLL.com 's ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

getakash1

Akash JainEstablished Member
Impact
I have some LLLL.com domains , they are not CHIPS or western premiums , just plain LLLL.com's .

Eg. ZEZH.com

Should i hold onto it ? or should i sell it ?

I have been wondering if the LLLL.com market has reached its thresh hold .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold on to your good ones, the ones that are always sought after, regardless of trends.

If you have non-pronounceable LLLL.coms who are neither Western or Chinese premiums, with no potential end-users (check Google if anyone use the abbreviation) then just sell them off. The profit on these names will always be marginal anyways, as these names will only follow the bottom floor price. IMHO.

•••
@Stian I think i will take your suggestion and sell my LLLL.com domains , i dont see an end user for them anyway. I am thinking Godaddy auctions would be the best place to sell them ? Do you agree ?

•••
I don't have a lot of experience with GD auctions, as I haven't used them in years, but NameJet and Sedo are usually good for selling LLLL.coms. Why not try to list them here on the forum? You might end up netting more selling those privately, as you'll avoid paying a 15-20% fee. Good luck. :)

•••
GD sales are normally not more than NP sales, after factoring in 20% commission, agree with Stian.

Zezh.com is a good name, as "zh" stands for a standalone sound, like "ch", "sh", albeit for non-English words/names only.

•••
@Recons.Com Thanks for the insight , will be selling it on NP :)

•••
@Recons.Com Thanks for the insight , will be selling it on NP :)

You are welcome. Now, also remember that with GD there is a small off chance that there will be someone that is not a domain investor that will value it much higher. So I would still not advice against posting on GD, just you must be ready that if it sells around $300 there, you'd lose $40-60 compared to NP minimum price.

•••
I still think that LLLL .com floor price should reach $500 by summer and $800 by next year.

•••
I still think that LLLL .com floor price should reach $500 by summer and $800 by next year.
I want to support that, because fundamentally IMO, supply is still shrinking and demand/interest is not going down.lol. People r panicking and saying all kinds of things about 4l.com's....and also bidding and chasing after them on the aftermarket, so that's a contradiction. The chatter is prolly helping the trade of 4l.com's, and I don't see them going down in value. I think the 4 l.com is still the basic game- what's your profit outlook vs.your investment. If there is still good profit as of today, be grateful. Like I like to say- there's a big difference between selling for small profit and not selling.

•••
I have some LLLL.com domains , they are not CHIPS or western premiums , just plain LLLL.com's .

Eg. ZEZH.com

Hang on to your LLLL.com domains. Don't sell. Doesn't matter what combinations they are. They are the best investment, and they'll always be liquid :) Demand and supply dictate the price...

•••
@MisterSoft.com For the random LLLL.com's there are no end users , its only demand is in the reseller market . So , that means it will increase to $800 max in the next year , Wont you recommend investing in domains that are liquid & have end users ? Eg. pronouncable LLLL.net or western premiums . If thats a better way , i would rather sell the LLLL.com 's and invest in domains with a brighter future.

That way i am getting the liquid domain whos value will increase with tome & it has a chance of selling to to an end user for Low to High $xxxx

•••
LLLL.com's have great future !! hold on the good ones

•••
random 4l.com have prooven to be a solid investment

upload_2016-4-2_13-28-8.png

they declined but not as much as other 4l.com
source
http://domainpayout.com/4lcom/4lcomnonchips.php

•••
they will continue to rise, there will be pumps in the road but look at things long term.

Dot coms will continue to dominate, serious people rarely touch anything other than that, I demand super high prices for my 4LLLL domains, I have yet to sell any other than one but I don't care, the huge prices will show up and like many investments, those who remained calm will be happy, in the domaining world that makes up 0.1% of domainers.

•••
The 'chip' game is nearing an end, which is mainly what people are discussing when taking about 4L's.

I think 4L's in general are great buys and worth holding onto; as long as your are buying using a solid strategy.

I'm avoiding 'chips'. Even at their current pricing, there is a lot of room for them to fall.

•••
As @DomainVP says, 4L's are a good investment, and if you can you should hold on to them, I am 99% sure that in 2 to 3 years the price of a decent 4L will be much more than they are today.

It's all about supply, there are only so many decent 4L combinations, and the numbers are generally falling as they get sold and used by an enduser \ corporate.

Again, agree with @DomainVP in terms of CHIPS, I personally never liked the hype with them and there must be a drop off coming, even though with 4L you might bre slightly better off, due to supply again.

•••
4l.com chips are a decent investment
prices are going north already

after such a strong peak,
a correction is very very normal

upload_2016-4-2_19-40-35.png

•••
@MisterSoft.com For the random LLLL.com's there are no end users , its only demand is in the reseller market . So , that means it will increase to $800 max in the next year , Wont you recommend investing in domains that are liquid & have end users ? Eg. pronouncable LLLL.net or western premiums . If thats a better way , i would rather sell the LLLL.com 's and invest in domains with a brighter future.

That way i am getting the liquid domain whos value will increase with tome & it has a chance of selling to to an end user for Low to High $xxxx

Pronounceable LLLL.net? Please, no .. :'(

•••
Its amazing to see how conflicting everyone's opinion can be based on the same facts. But what confuses me is that all arguments sound logical and correct from there point of view. @AEProgram @frank-germany , i agree with you both , LLLL.com prices are always going to increase , but @Stian makes a very good point , the profits on these will only be marginal.

If i have a random LLLL.com worth $400 today , it will be increasing to $800 after 6-8 months . On the other hand , if i stock brandables , Pronounclable or other meaningfull LLLL.com or even .net , i can probably get a much bigger profit on them even in the range of $xxxxx . Plus there base price in the reseller market will also increase , just like LLLL.com's . So its a win win . I have both end user sale potential plus reseller market sale potential with brandables , Pronounclable or other meaningfull 4L .coms and .net's

So to conclude ,

After research and all your helpful suggestions , i think i will be selling LLLL.com 's and investing in meaningful , brandable's & pronounceable's .

To be honest , i have a domain Blow.biz & i see more potential in it than a random 4L.com now.

•••
Goods luck with that )

I have couple pronounceable 4l net like oyyo.net and ffax.net, but they are more exceptions than rule for me.

•••
Its amazing to see how conflicting everyone's opinion can be based on the same facts. But what confuses me is that all arguments sound logical and correct from there point of view. @AEProgram @frank-germany , i agree with you both , LLLL.com prices are always going to increase , but @Stian makes a very good point , the profits on these will only be marginal.

If i have a random LLLL.com worth $400 today , it will be increasing to $800 after 6-8 months . On the other hand , if i stock brandables , Pronounclable or other meaningfull LLLL.com or even .net , i can probably get a much bigger profit on them even in the range of $xxxxx . Plus there base price in the reseller market will also increase , just like LLLL.com's . So its a win win . I have both end user sale potential plus reseller market sale potential with brandables , Pronounclable or other meaningfull 4L .coms and .net's

So to conclude ,

After research and all your helpful suggestions , i think i will be selling LLLL.com 's and investing in meaningful , brandable's & pronounceable's .

To be honest , i have a domain Blow.biz & i see more potential in it than a random 4L.com now.

please let me know what you are selling

•••

@getakash1 You have a good point that we should invest in liquid domains.
What are liquid domains at this point? Of course, dotcom, short, and meaningful, pronounceable, generic, maybe-numeric-for-Chinese-market...
How many combinations are for LLLL.com domain ==> 26x26x26x26 = 457,000 (approx)... That's merely less than half -a-million domains LLLL.com are there. Limited supply... They are good long term investment just like gold. Any investment has its ups and downs, and you've to ride it out.
If you've got super good dotnet domains, that is great. However, it has couple of drawbacks, imho, the end-users always prefer dotcom for their biz, ROI on dotcom is normally 10 fold higher than their dotnet counterparts. Dotnet could be end-users' next option. As more and more nGTLDs and ccTLDs are entering the market, it is creating more chaos and ambiguity in the domain market...
The bottomline is: diversify your portfolio and go with your guts :)

Last edited:
•••
•••

Eg. ZEZH.com

This man (the topic opener) is a real cheater, i bought zezh.com domain from him on 08/2015 through goddady aution system, affer winning the aution, i paid for goddady well, but affer that, godaddy did not tranfer the domain to me, they still let this man control this domain (although i paid all ok), recently, he sold the domain to other people and when i asked godaddy about this problem, they tried to advoid my request, that's too dirty work.
You can see the confirmation of order from godaddy in the photo i sent to know that, now they said that they knew nothing.
How is your idea about this case, what should i do to push godaddy in to hell or report this bad guy.
44984_80e3c7b687f227fbe83cc6d2e588ff2d.JPG

Attachments

• payment confirmation.JPG
    payment confirmation.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 70
•••
Hello,
Before making such statements like cheater on a person , you should atleast contact me first . Godaddy auctions is a messed up platform , i agree to selling the domain to you 6 months ago , but after the sale the domain was just sitting in my acc for 6 months ! Domains normally get deleted and transfered to the buyer automatically ,i just assumed the payment did not go through when this was not transfered. Also , i recieved no email whatsoever from godaddy or you.

But , due to this claim of yours now , i had to check my payment history . it turns out you did pay , i just wish you reached out to me after that .

Anyhow , i dont intend to keep the money that belongs to you . So let me know your paypal and i would be glad to transfer back the payment .

Also requested the same via pm

This man (the topic opener) is a real cheater, i bought zezh.com domain from him on 08/2015 through goddady aution system, affer winning the aution, i paid for goddady well, but affer that, godaddy did not tranfer the domain to me, they still let this man control this domain (although i paid all ok), recently, he sold the domain to other people and when i asked godaddy about this problem, they tried to advoid my request, that's too dirty work.
You can see the confirmation of order from godaddy in the photo i sent to know that, now they said that they knew nothing.
How is your idea about this case, what should i do to push godaddy in to hell or report this bad guy.
44984_80e3c7b687f227fbe83cc6d2e588ff2d.JPG

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back