IT.COM

opinion Is it time to sell, buy or hold LLLL.coms?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Seeing the recent rise in values of LLLL.com domains, here is a question that I think some of the others would also be having :

Is it the right time to flip your already owned LLLL.com at this price?
Or
Hold it for future so as to have a higher ROI?
Or
Buy it at this price because you think it is going to sell for even higher prices in the near or far future?

Your opinions about their pricing lately??

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you got them low and have held for long - Sell :xf.grin:

If you got them now - hold for at least a year. :xf.cool:

If you don't have any - go get them now! :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
i will holds my LLLL.COMs let say more two years from now than these pin nuts offers i have receive everyday from domainers looking to rip off your hard time domain for better profit.

•••
If you're already holding them then I think it's still time to hold for a while, unless you're looking to dump some off for quick profit. I've already seen tons of them listed for sale everywhere these days. The market is going to get saturated before long and supply/demand will begin to bring prices down some (I'm guessing)...that is when it will be time to buy again.

•••
Hold Good Premium Brandable domains and sell non premium names. The Premium Brandable names you can sell anytime even if the market cool down.

•••
•••
As any crappy LLLL.com gets BO'ed for $69+ nowadays, it is unlikely that LLLL.com prices will ever go down. They will be going up with time.
Unless .COM loses its magic.

•••
I am still seeing a bubble taking shape, that is also driven by domainers. They tend to be followers, and thus they amplify the action. In a bubble scenario the trick is to liquidate positions soon enough.

Years ago LLL.us domains were selling for $$$, .mobi domains too. Now you can hardly sell them.
Even the cherished buyout no longer holds nowadays.

When previously junk domains become premium overnight, it is a sign the market is not being rational, or it is the players.

•••
.us and .moby

Are you comparing them with the king?

I don't think so.

•••
Hold premium and pronounceable, buy premium and pronounceable, buy and hold Chinese premium and sell the rest.

•••
Hold premium and pronounceable, buy premium and pronounceable, buy and hold Chinese premium and sell the rest.
Not only chinese premium though. If you find two meaningful adjacents letter in a LLLL then it might be wise to hold on to them.

•••
.us and .moby

Are you comparing them with the king?

I don't think so.
Obviously not :)
My point is that certain types of domains like short domains, can go up or down in value. Especially when their trade is driven by domainers or irrational market moves.
There are also fads like .io domains.

If any crappy LLLL.com has suddenly become backorder-worthy, then the shift in value is too sharp not to suffer a correction. I could be wrong of course.

•••
..... If any crappy LLLL.com has suddenly become backorder-worthy, then the shift in value is too sharp not to suffer a correction.....

There are bubbles and there are market shifts. This is a market shift. China is a giant market coming online, and their businesses often prefer LLLL.com domains. There are always corrections, but I look for major price increases in the next few years - if, and only if, the world economy does OK.

There are end users for these domains in China, but I don't mind investors' money. Go to a coin show and watch the US silver dollars. In the 1880's the mint was protecting the silver mines, millions of silver dollars were struck but never circulated. They were released in the early 1960's. Then they were worth a dollar, nobody thought collectors would ever want so many of them.

Today they dominate the retail coin market. Collectors keep piling them up. They consider them investments, regardless of past performance. Irrational? Perhaps, but so is much of society.

LLLL.com have many of the same attributes as silver dollars. There is a firmly limited number that is still large enough for liquidity. Buying them is addictive.

Now the market is larger, so prices rise. That's all it is.

Last edited:
•••
There are bubbles and there are market shifts. This is a market shift.

I hope that is the case. Interesting points above!

I've a question though. Why are LLLL domain names with vowels & the letter "V" currently being treated as outcasts? Is there a fundamental reason? Would appreciate if you can point me to a helpful article on this.

Thanks!

•••
Hold not just for domainers, but for end users.

•••
If I owned any, I would sell. These prices aren't sustainable, imo.

•••
I think it really depends on the kind of lllls you own. I have bought names that I am now happy to sell so I am going to and move on to anticipating the next trend : because that's what a domainer needs to do, anticipating new trends, not following them.

When you follow it's always too late.

BTW : there is basically NO lists of lllls to buy in the closeout at GD. That says a lot.

•••
I plan to hold for now, unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

I have 89, a good mixture of premium and "bad" letters.

•••
•••
How come mate?

Simply because there are 3 options: Prices continue going up, prices stabilize, or prices go down. 2/3 those options don't make me money.

Last edited:
•••
Simply because there are 3 options: Prices continue going up, prices stabilize, or prices go down. 2/3 those options don't make me money.
We also have to factor in

1) How likely is each option ?
2) What is the potential risk / reward in each case ? (High rewards may make slim chances worth investing in)
3) What is the opportunity cost ? Perhaps there is an even better investing opportunity !

•••
were the best place to sell sedo with buy now ?

•••
I bought up a bunch of LLLL.com's during the last craze a few years ago... Then the bubble burst, and I ended up letting a bunch drop because they were worth about $13-18 a piece. It's all a cycle. IMO, don't break your bank "investing" in these unless you have a plan to develop them.

•••
i am going to keep them and develop them.Will not sell them until i get the good price :D
I saw in 2009 LLLLs were being sold for about a $1 lol

•••
i am going to keep them and develop them.Will not sell them until i get the good price :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back