Dynadot

discuss Shocking stats of 4N.in --> Chinese Interest in Indian extension is huge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
we all knew chinese are interested in many extensions , many unaware that they are gaining controls on Indian extension .IN too. some interesting stats on 4N.in has proved the same point. Based on the who is its provens almost 75% of the 4N.in are owned by chinese , Indians are sad to miss this important opportunity...
China - 74.76%
Iran - 11.25%
US - 3.81%
India - 3.67%
Canada - 3.15%
UK - 1.22%
Others - remaining - 2.14%

At very high level i felt the similar invasion is going on 3N.in , 5N.in too.. will share the stats later as still working on it.. also they are showing huge interest on 3L.in names too. also recently most of CVCV.in names are registered by chinese .

is .IN is the next target for big chinese investors.. Its very alarming for those missing .IN boat.

worth a great discussion on this topic..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, that is it. They are ahead only because .in had 11 years...

There is a stat showing that out of top 10 mill Alexa ranked domains, 1.2% is .in, while .de is 3 times more. Now Germany's population is 1/20 of India's.

And that is with the fact that Alexa is much more popular with Indians than with the rest of the world population. I have about 1-2% of traffic from India and around 25% from US, but Alexa still thinks India is the top country for visitors because of that...

You are deviating from the original topic we are discussing.. you are saying .COM is default.. i am saying its NOT... .IN Is default and .COM is also used heavily.. You still believe that by default India will use .COM , i have no issues i am only trying to correct that notion is not correct.. if you still believe .COM is default live with that.. one fine day you will realize on your own.

•••
http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/IN

let's see for Indian largest companies there:

7. flipkart.com
11. IndiaTimes.com
15. Hdfcbank.com
16. Paytm.com
18. Onlinesbi.com
19. Icicibank.com
25. NDTV.com

No Indian company with .in in top 25 and very similar picture on the following pages as well. Your top job site is Naukri.com, not Naukri.in and .in names are exception than a rule in top 1000 names, used more by the foreign companies for convenience of geotargeting (google.in, amazon.in etc.)

•••
http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/IN

let's see for Indian largest companies there:

7. flipkart.com
11. IndiaTimes.com
15. Hdfcbank.com
16. Paytm.com
18. Onlinesbi.com
19. Icicibank.com
25. NDTV.com

No Indian company with .in in top 25 and very similar picture on the following pages as well. Your top job site is Naukri.com, not Naukri.in and .in names are exception than a rule in top 1000 names, used more by the foreign companies for convenience of geotargeting (google.in, amazon.in etc.)

poor example . most of them are global players and very big organisations with billion dollars of market value.. they can afford to buy .COM and most of them are setup prior to 2005 and launched using .COM. In the top 25 except 7 rest of the 18 are major players across world .. like yahoo.com, youtube.com, twitter.com..etc
coming to Naukri.com , its launched much before 2005 and its India's first popular job portal.. i have already shared earlier only 7000 .IN domain names are registered prior to 16 Feb 2005 , very poor presence of .IN before 2010 too .. things are changed drastically in last few years, its going to change further, that's 200% certain. .IN IS DEFAULT EXTENSION FOR INDIA AND WILL REMAINS.. Also in your above example all the 7 orgs are reserved many .IN names for their own use including the above names .IN version too.

i just pulled the china data - http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries;0/CN

Despite of china's internet is much controlled by government and limited to local players i can see only 6 .CN names out of top 25 .. 19 are other extensions and most of them are .COM names. I can see similar trends for the top 10 CCTLDs you have quoted earlier..

Last edited:
•••
4. Sina.com.cn
7. 360.cn
10. gmw.cn
11. tianya.cn
15. chinadaily.com.cn
17. cntv.cn
22. china.com.cn

7 vs 0, that is a big difference, imho...

•••
4. Sina.com.cn
7. 360.cn
10. gmw.cn
11. tianya.cn
15. chinadaily.com.cn
17. cntv.cn
22. china.com.cn

its not zero.. its 7 vs 3 ( which is reasonable compare to 16.4 million registrations vs 2 million regirations )

1. google.co.in
5. Amazon.in
12. Blogspot.in

India's internet is not controlled and English is the common business language .. so you cant discount the ones listed with .IN top 25 saying they are not Indian companies.. Amazon India is India registered entity although its subsidiary of Amazon.com . Alexa has listed three .IN names..

•••
I am excluding western companies from the count, as they use cctlds for different reason (brand protection, geotargeting etc.)

Also, pay attention that even when a Chinese company chooses .com, there is a big chance that to the left of the dot they will use a Chinese word or Acronym, not English, like India...

•••
I am excluding western companies from the count, as they use cctlds for different reason...
I am saying thats not fair to exclude to western companies.. it doesn't matter foreign players or home players when measuring extension usage and strength.. It should be a fair comparison apple vs apple ( .IN top 25 vs .CN top 25)

•••
Whatever. I am done going in circles. Good luck.

•••
•••

Alexa top 1 million from 15 Jan:
.cn: 10881
.in: 17660

You can prove anything with selective stats. Horse and man have statistically 3 legs each.

•••
Kokoro, that is exactly what you are doing. On lower end of Alexa India has power to distort any stats because of popularity of Alexa Toolbar among its developers/designers/domainers/programmers/seo experts etc.

Here is the biggest stat: There are more .jp regs than .in regs and japan is 1/10 of India's population. China has 8 times more regs with almost the same population.

•••
Kokoro, that is exactly what you are doing. On lower end of Alexa India has power to distort any stats because of popularity of Alexa Toolbar among its developers/designers/domainers/programmers/seo experts etc.

No, I'm not trying to prove anything. Just showing how using the stats can be misleading

Here is the biggest stat: There are more .jp regs than .in regs and japan is 1/10 of India's population. China has 8 times more regs with almost the same population.

Because Japan is a highly industrialized country while India is a fast developing one and China somewhere between. In other words, the Internet usage roughly reflects how much these countries are developed. Now if you normalize the data for each country and consider how fast each country is developing (India is now developing faster than China and Japan suffers zero growth), you will see that .in is going for second position among ccTLD's. It may even challenge .cn in longer period of time because it's not restricted unlike .cn.

•••
.jp is expensive and not as popular as it should be. But in the case of Japan the problem isn't infrastructure or the overall level of wealth/development. It's the way the TLD is administered.

•••
China has much more people with considerable disposable income and funds to invest than India
LOL!! You should read more news, would be an awesome knowledgeable tour for you ;) India's middle class population is around 267 million i.e. 2670000000 people can afford buying luxurious things plus have extra money to invest. I have not included rich and ultra rich class. I am from middle class family and have like xxxx domain names. So re-iterate what you just said. But once again LMAO LOL

Chinese companies and organizations do use .cn as default extension and go for .com/.org/.net etc. only if they have international aspirations. Indians use .com as default extension.
For god's Sake everyone knows .com is king and everyone cannot afford an premium .com -_- We prefer .in over .net .org, etc

•••
To me the issue is not what .in is today. the ultimate question is this what .ins potential is and what's its performance in the mid term will be.my answers are high and likely good(at minimum).I believe we all invest in potential.if you invest because an asset category is "hot"now,you're basically too late. IMO .In can explode at any moment...time flies and nothing waits forever.but when .In does explode and we allook back,we all see the trail and signs leading to it.it all be a no brainer at that point,and like those who .missed the lll.com's, well be reading the same thing here- lots of "I wish I had".people are investing in extensions that have no fuel to keep their momentum,like .io.oops...OK a. Done for now.

•••
To me the issue is not what .in is today. the ultimate question is this what .ins potential is and what's its performance in the mid term will be.my answers are high and likely good(at minimum).I believe we all invest in potential.if you invest because an asset category is "hot"now,you're basically too late. IMO .In can explode at any moment...time flies and nothing waits forever.but when .In does explode and we allook back,we all see the trail and signs leading to it.it all be a no brainer at that point,and like those who .missed the lll.com's, well be reading the same thing here- lots of "I wish I had".people are investing in extensions that have no fuel to keep their momentum,like .io.oops...OK a. Done for now.

•••
I would like to point out that India is a democracy, and English is widely used (and developing). This means that India is a way easier digital market to penetrate for US or EU companies, compared to China for instance.

•••
The question is not "Will India be a massive digital nation?", it will, and thinking the contrary is an error. The question is: how to be part of this expansion, how to develop business on this wave.

I chose to invest in Indian domain names, and in the beginning it was a bit risky. But now, I'm very happy with my domains, and they can only improve :)

•••
Some people still imagine India as only a very poor Asian country where tired of materialism westerners spend time in ashrams or ride elephants through jungle. They are not yet aware that India has been undergoing massive transformations and soon become the 3rd most powerful economy in the world. While tourist and spiritual attractions are to stay as a wonderful heritage, India has much more to offer these days.

•••
will take time for people to understand this and by the time they do realise it, the opportunities would be gone ;) The transition is already visible. A company started like 8 yrs ago in India is doing business worth 1billion in an yr. (Flipkart: FY2014,(US$ 1 billion in gross merchandise value 2013-14)) this is just one example, thr are many more ;)

Last edited:
•••
will take time for people to understand this and by the time they do realise it, the opportunities would be gone ;) The transition is already visible. A company started like 8 yrs ago in India is doing business worth 1billion in an yr. (Flipkart: FY2014,(US$ 1 billion in gross merchandise value 2013-14)) this is just one example, thr are many more ;)
Many has told the same for LLL.in and NNN.in few years before.. now its 100% fact LLL.in and NNN.in are solid assets .. those who believe in .IN will invest further and who those doesn't believe will stay away.. I sincerely believe, Its still good times for those who believe in to add the good names to their portfolios

•••
FYI... Just noticed many thousands of 5N.in are registered in January 2016 silently by investors from China , many patterns are gone and looking like a 5N.in CHIPS buyout soon...
Also few patterns ending 88 are gone in 6N.in too.. .IN side things are turning to very interesting..

•••
Now thats VERY VERY interesting indeed. I honestly never considered the .IN extension before. Thanks for bringing this up...

•••
Now thats VERY VERY interesting indeed. I honestly never considered the .IN extension before. Thanks for bringing this up...
From all the whois I come across, I see a lot of good two words domains registered in 2015. I think many people are realizing that India has good opportunities.

•••
It is the best time to invest in .IN domains.. You can still find good gems available at registration cost. This will not going to last long and we will see Indian market explode anytime soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back