Dynadot

domains Theo.xyz sells for $19,888 (not Swetha)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains.com
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Tony Names posted on X the sale of Theo.xyz for $19,888. First names being used for brand names continue to be in vogue. This is a great price in which Tony mentions a GoDaddy broker helped with the deal. Congrats to Tony.

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol at the (not swetha)

Nice name the price is right LLLL real first name and great brand potential

•••
•••
•••
extremely suspect 🔍
I appreciate that the sales channel looks Bona fide but, likewise I can't escape that element of doubt with everything .xyz

•••
Plenty of reputable people have sold xyz domain names. There is nothing suspicious about it. They tend to keep it to themselves or delay reporting because of all the conspiracy theorists in our ranks.

•••
I appreciate that the sales channel looks Bona fide but, likewise I can't escape that element of doubt with everything .xyz
It doesn't make sense for them to sell for those prices because similar quality domains consistently sell for less.

1716885638266.png

Take houston.xyz, and Houston isn't Las Vegas, it's still the largest city in Texas, and would easily fetch six figures wholesale on the Aftermarket if it was the .com. But here we're looking at three figures, not even a percentage.

I don't invest in .xyz because despite how much I research it I can't wrap my head around it, so I'd just waste my money if I invested in it.

Last edited:
•••
It doesn't make sense for them to sell for those prices because similar quality domains consistently sell for less.

Show attachment 257373

Take houston.xyz, and Houston isn't Las Vegas, it's still the largest city in Texas, and would easily fetch six figures wholesale on the Aftermarket if it was the .com. But here we're looking at three figures, not even a percentage.

I don't invest in .xyz because despite how much I research it I can't wrap my head around it, so I'd just waste my money if I invested in it.
At $638 a year Houston.xyz not a great deal, premium .xyz fare much worse than non premium. WW.xyz on that list even worse at $3,000 a year.

Last edited:
•••
At $638 a year Houston.xyz not a great deal, premium .xyz fare much worse than non premium. WW.xyz on that list even worse at $3,000 a year.
Is theo.xyz a premium?

•••
Is theo.xyz a premium?
No that one is non premium, the name was registered a decade ago not sure how many people owned it before Tony.

•••
Funny thing of course it was a different time but the .xyz sold for more than the .com and the .net

theo.xyz19,888 USD2024-05-27Afternic
theo.com4,550 USD2010-07-06Ebay
theo.net1,015 USD2011-05-07Sedo
theo.ai100 USD2019-02-04Whois.ai

•••
No that one is non premium, the name was registered a decade ago not sure how many people owned it before Tony.
Is there a list where you can verify, or is this guesswork?

Because I had a discussion about Swatha's halo.xyz sale not too long ago, comparing it to boss.xyz. And it seemed to me that people were just speculating.

1716888667398.png

1716888708415.png
1716888734609.png

But even if it isn't, there's an inherent problem with this theory: Most end-users don't even know of registry premiums.

Funny thing of course it was a different time but the .xyz sold for more than the .com and the .net

theo.xyz19,888 USD2024-05-27Afternic
theo.com4,550 USD2010-07-06Ebay
theo.net1,015 USD2011-05-07Sedo
theo.ai100 USD2019-02-04Whois.ai
This would be more of a problem (i.e. reason to be suspicious) if it wasn't for the fact that the other sales were so old.

The .ai extension didn't really take off until Open AI came up with Chat GPT a little over a year ago.

Last edited:
•••
I'll believe the sales when my gazillion time better than most these sales of which I have like a handful sell for 5fig min ...right now they not even getting offers lol

still on the grand view of things with so many people owning so many names and only one 5fig or even 4fig sale per every full moon... well I guess its possible and still proof what a shiteshow xyz is for sale chances especially 4fig and up

•••
Is there a list where you can verify, or is this guesswork?

Because I had a discussion about Swatha's halo.xyz sale not too long ago, comparing it to boss.xyz. And it seemed to me that people were just speculating.

Show attachment 257374

Show attachment 257375 Show attachment 257376

But even if it isn't, there's an inherent problem with this theory: Most end-users don't even know of registry premiums.

This would be more of a problem (i.e. reason to be suspicious) if it wasn't for the fact that the other sales were so old.

The .ai extension didn't really take off until Open AI came up with Chat GPT a little over a year ago.
No not guess work, you can download here https://gen.xyz/premiums

Or use Tian.hu whois to look up a name.

Houston.xyz was not an end user sale, expired at GoDaddy most like another domainer purchased it.

Boss.xyz was not an end user either though Sedo would make one think maybe an end user but nope a domainer who has it now listed for $249,995. $268 premium renewal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In order to sell xyz follow ... socialize:

(If you have a fit ... #1 learn how to respond to a counteroffer or no thanks & offer incl. details)

F6S.com
L1D.com
Paradigm.xyz
Cyber.fund
Framework.vc
Ideocolab.com
KuCoin.com
Dragonfly.xyz
Sora.vc
lsvp.com
Animocabrands.com
OKX.com
Polychain.capital
Faction.vc
labs.binance.com

... 1000s more

•••
That remark was facetious hope it was taken that way. I wonder if you (or others) are still just harboring doubts on the extension itself though, rather then the sales. There is a difference, one is an opinion the other should have a sort of basis through presenting proof to the contrary.

•••

Wow, this is extemely weird that boss.xyz from 2017 has a premium renewal and halo.xyz from 2019 does not. Maybe they just missed it, that's a viable option, but maybe it had a premium renewal but it was removed upon request, and maybe it happened with other domains as well? Do we have historical lists of xyz premium domains?

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Why is boss.xyz, which was registered in 2017, also a premium domain? I recall that it was only after 2022 that .xyz domains significantly increased in registration prices.

If it had dropped at some point it would have been reclassified and given a premium.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back