NameSilo

discuss Shocking stats of 4N.in --> Chinese Interest in Indian extension is huge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
we all knew chinese are interested in many extensions , many unaware that they are gaining controls on Indian extension .IN too. some interesting stats on 4N.in has proved the same point. Based on the who is its provens almost 75% of the 4N.in are owned by chinese , Indians are sad to miss this important opportunity...
China - 74.76%
Iran - 11.25%
US - 3.81%
India - 3.67%
Canada - 3.15%
UK - 1.22%
Others - remaining - 2.14%

At very high level i felt the similar invasion is going on 3N.in , 5N.in too.. will share the stats later as still working on it.. also they are showing huge interest on 3L.in names too. also recently most of CVCV.in names are registered by chinese .

is .IN is the next target for big chinese investors.. Its very alarming for those missing .IN boat.

worth a great discussion on this topic..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@JeanClaude @domainpundit

There is value in a pyramid of course. It runs out fast at the top.

1986 :) Let's give the Internet a chance...

Im starting to repeat myself, and probably hijacking the thread, so please
check out the article and leave a comment if you wish, thanks.

•••
I have a request to all who are not .in fans
Please do not look at .in seriously
First let me register some good .in, then I don't care whether you join the bandwagon or not.

•••
@Howie: I belive simply you have no idea about domain investment, can you show me what kind of success you have in domain investment?? I am also evidence based guy, prove me your data.. then I will change my opinion.. You have been calling pyramid all the time. Where is your data to substantiate your decision??

•••
@Howie - I find it hilarious and ridiculous to imply that .in doesnt have good potential because of "slow" or "slower" internet speeds in India.
I say this because in general, IF people and businesses demand websites, speed is not a major deterrent against involving or buying these services. I live in Nigeria, and am sure the internet here is also "slow" but that has not made any ecommerce website or online customer not get online or love the web.

And also, the "numbers"(300M internet users) DOES MATTER. you think .cn could be this hot and expense(esp short domains) currently without China's massive population playing a positive role? Once again thats just ridiculous to me. yea... this is that same "spammy", "low value"extension some years ago...

The way i see it, if people demand the web, they will take it any way the see it...the issue is more lack of internet, like in repressive, firewalled countries were people cant even get on the internet or visit the websites they want or setup their web presence.

.IN will be super awesome...when it fully kicks off. No one on this forum EVER "expected" the recent incoming chinese demand for domain names that started in 2014, so its not unexpected that people will think .in will also not pick up. It will, and you know it will if you understand the fundamentals. Alot of domainers IMO dont understand fundamentals(hence why alot of appraisals get responses like $0 and reg fee alot). they go by other domainers hype and that leads them to follow vague extensions and trends that make no real sense. .In is due for a "correction". time flies and no one waits forever. .IN's days or reckoning are coming...no more than very low x # of years from now. And while we are discussing .in here and there....people are secretly buying them, hoarding them, stealing them, AKA showing their value.

about the NNN.in,some of u are worrying about the unimportant aspect- who is demanding or needing it. who cares? fact is that there is demand and the reason for it is not my business. Am here to buy names that people will pay money for. Am not here to figure out why someone would pay good money for NNN.in. people do and they are already expensive. i ain't mad b.

•••
@Howie IF people and businesses demand websites, speed is not a major deterrent against involving or buying these services.

Exacly, I remember times when people (including me) accessed internet using 56kbps modems and that didn't prevent its growth. Technology will tune up to the needs.

•••
I remember times when people (including me) accessed internet using 56kbps modems
I remember times when people (including me) accessed internet using 1,200 bps modems ;)

•••
@kemjika11 and every one else who has read my article out of context. Those that are writing with their 'hearts' presuming I have said something down to this thread being convoluted.

It's getting tiresome having to come back on this thread to correct people.

Your opinions are respectively your own, but they are misguided as part of my article cites an Indian report on startups and Internet speed, thus equating to the business chain; domain name industry. It does not relate directly to .in and I think you will agree the article is balanced.

If one is used to a broadband speed but have never experienced a faster connection, it's difficult to relate. I know it sounds all very ivory towers, but I do agree India will catch up with network, it's bound too.

It's just there are many 'people' that think it will happen sooner than later, I don't think it will.

I knew I would spike a few feathers if read out of context, or just in the mannerism that I'm from the UK and not a native. But, if newbie domainers are going to read 'good clean' articles such as 'the land of opportunity' they should also get a balanced view to receive an informed decision for investment.

- Whilst it's true; as I wrote, I believe India needs requires high-speed web for better business, that makes sense, that's the Modi campaign right? I also wrote about .in "numerics" being a possible pyramid - domainer to domainer.

That's all I wrote about .in so let's get it straight, I'm not .in bashing, I own .in myself.

https://www.oozel.com/blog/the-indian-domain-name-industry-i-feel-the-need-the-need-for-speed

•••
@Howie: I belive simply you have no idea about domain investment, can you show me what kind of success you have in domain investment?? I am also evidence based guy, prove me your data.. then I will change my opinion.. You have been calling pyramid all the time. Where is your data to substantiate your decision??

Let's not be childish. This a business forum right? I'll be happy to leave this thread if you're all going to start name calling behind an avatar.

I stand by my word, you know who I am, that's never going to change. Demanding data, data? I'm still waiting to see your data for the stats posted on this thread?

I'm not spending hours sourcing data extensions for or against on this one ;) It's speculation my man. If I'm right, I'm right. Wrong, I'm wrong, move on...

Last edited:
•••
Demanding data, data? I'm still waiting to see your data for the stats posted on this thread?

What data do you want? The complete database lol?

•••
•••
You have asked so many questions and i have answered all of them, i am happy to answer any further questions too .. I am asking only one question how you say its pyramid.. i believe the whole world is pyramid.. do you think London house prices can be justified ? so on..
Do you think the .com prices can be justified? A least preferred LLL.com is worth close to 20K .. where as a least preferred LLL.in can be purchased at 100 to 150 USD.. do you think its too much price?. If you know the prices and been involved into domain investment for many years and writing I will respect that.. you are speculating without data and as well as experience. Just my opinion.

regarding my data i have shared in this thread, please find attached.. can you share your data to substantiate its pyramid? without data you shouldn't speculate misleading many members reading on this business forum , if you do a good job we all say its a good job.. but without much data you have been writing with your own assumptions and challenging the guys who has data :) ..

this thread is open for all, who am i to ask you to leave. you are most welcome friend..

Attachments

• NNNNData.txt
    126.7 KB · Views: 91
•••
You have asked so many questions and i have answered all of them, i am happy to answer any further questions too .. I ham asking only one question how you say its pyramid.. i beleive the whole world is pyramid.. do you think London house prices can be justified ? so on..
Do you think the .com prices can be justified? A least preferred LLL.com is worth close to 20K .. where as a least preferred LLL.in can be purchased at 100 to 150 USD.. do you think its too much price?. If you know the prices and been involved into domain investment for many years and writing I will respect that.. you are speculating without data and as well as experience. Just my opinion.

regarding my data i have shared in this thread, please find attached.. can you share your data to substantiate its pyramid? without data you shouldn't speculate misleading many members reading on this business forum , if you do a good job we all say its a good job.. but without much data you have been writing with your own assumptions and challenging the guys who has data :) ..

this thread is open for all, who am i to ask you to leave. you are most welcome friend..

Questions? I only asked if you had the data now provided, 6 pages down.

In your world it could be a pyramid, but that not mine. It's more complex than that.

It's easy to just say because I have used words to speculate my business projections and not used data that I have in some way mislead my readers?

What, do you think the domain industry is purely data driven? If I didn't have speculation research, I would't have bought the 4L .com's on ebay back in mid2014 for $15/$20. etc etc.

I think you have a bee in your bonnet over this article because I'm English and from the UK, but you are Indian, now living in the UK.

Thinking I don't have a right to write such media? I pride myself in transparency and ethics, so I won't be misleading anyone, no matter how you misconstrued it.

Name calling, unprofessional, and un-business like conduct, you're not coming across as a decent citizen.

Last edited:
•••
Questions? I only asked if you had the data now provided, 6 pages down.

In your world it could be a pyramid, but that not mine. It's more complex than that.

It's easy to just say because I have used words to speculate my business projections and not used data that I have in some way mislead my readers?

What, do you think the domain industry is purely data driven? If I didn't have speculation research, I would't have bought the 4L .com's on ebay back in mid2014 for $15/$20. etc etc.

I think you have a bee in your bonnet over this article because I'm English and from the UK, but you are Indian, now living in the UK.

Thinking I don't have a right to write such media? I pride myself in transparency and ethics, so I won't be misleading anyone, no matter how you misconstrued it.

Name calling, unprofessional, and un-business like conduct, you're not coming across as a decent citizen.

If you are posting based on your speculation fine. Good luck friend , its not worth yours and my time to spend any further on this one.

P.s: I have no issues on your writings . i have already said in PM earlier you missed few points and but otherwise its a good writing.. Keep writing further , I will be reading future articles too.

•••
I agree.
End of the day, we can go back and forth.
And I corrected the 4N to the .in in the post. I think we've termed it. Best.

•••
India is a country of more than one billion inhabitants. Yet the TLD isn't super strong (when compared to the smaller TLDs of Western countries for example).
What's the current registration count ? 2 millions ? It's not that much...
If you are relying on the Chinese to prop up the Indian TLD, then you don't have much faith in .in.

Obviously there is lot of room for growth, but the growth could be slower than some expect.
A normal, mature TLD does not grow tenfold or twofold on a yearly basis.

•••
India is a country of more than one billion inhabitants. Yet the TLD isn't super strong (when compared to the smaller TLDs of Western countries for example).
What's the current registration count ? 2 millions ? It's not that much...
If you are relying on the Chinese to prop up the Indian TLD, then you don't have much faith in .in.

Obviously there is lot of room for growth, but the growth could be slower than some expect.
A normal, mature TLD does not grow tenfold or twofold on a yearly basis.

This thread is just highlighting only 10000 nnnn.in names .. and also just bringing awareness that in addition to Indians , many other nationalities, chinese are also interested in categories like lll.in / llll.in / nnn.in and nnnn.in. Per example chinese own 24.3% of NNN.in names and also approximately 10% of LLL.in names. Recently they have contributed to the CVCV.in names buyout almost grabbing 30%+ ( not validated , a rough estimate ) .

its not only chinese many western domainers also investing into .IN names.. per example LLL.in category the lead is from Americans owning over 25% of the LLL.in names where as Indians own around 24 %..

As of september 2015 the number of registered numbers are 1.7 million, very likely it will cross 2 million ( just my estimate) by january 2016 end.

It took almost 7 years to get first million names and its taking 4 years to add next 1 million names.. very likely the third million names will be added in 18 months.. its nothing to do with domainers its more driven by end user demand.. perhaps domainers may own 10% ( just my estimate ) of total registrations.

majority of the estimated 2 million names are registered from India only.

•••
This thread is just highlighting only 10000 nnnn.in names .. and also just bringing awareness that in addition to Indians , many other nationalities, chinese are also interested in categories like lll.in / llll.in / nnn.in and nnnn.in.
Exactly right. We are talking about a small subset of the .in zone. Even a full buyout wouldn't make a big difference.

•••
1. China has much more people with considerable disposable income and funds to invest than India
2. Chinese companies and organizations do use .cn as default extension and go for .com/.org/.net etc. only if they have international aspirations. Indians use .com as default extension.

Conclusion: .in is a good extension, but don't expect growth anywhere near Chinese.

•••
Exactly right. We are talking about a small subset of the .in zone. Even a full buyout wouldn't make a big difference.
Spot on, its a very small fraction of the whole zone.. but at the same time its fact the number of registrations are getting increased mainly driven by end users usage demand and slightly contributed by these domaining community.. I agree buyouts will not make an extension mature, usage of the names and end user demand will make an extension mature one. perhaps we can see between 5 to 6 million names by 2020 ( its just my estimate) , that's quite good amount of numbers and still there is a growth potential left over that too.

Just my projected estimates
2016 Jan - 2 Million
2017 July - 3 million
2018 August - 4 Million
2019 September - 5 Million
2020 Jan - around 5.3 million names

•••
1. China has much more people with considerable disposable income and funds to invest than India
2. Chinese companies and organizations do use .cn as default extension and go for .com/.org/.net etc. only if they have international aspirations. Indians use .com as default extension.

Conclusion: .in is a good extension, but don't expect growth anywhere near Chinese.

Indians default extension is .IN its undisputable fact , if anybody not accept they are missing fundamentals.. I mean it.. .COM is global extension and across several countries if .COM can be available for a business they will prefer to launch .COM as their website , its no different in India.. At the same time they cant ignore to secure .IN name for brand protection reasons. So .COM as well as .IN required irrespective of the size of the business. However .COM is not required for a local business which has only India presence and not global aspirations.

Government by default is using for any program by default a .IN or .gov.in ..etc extension.. no other alternative.. every citizen has to access to government service as its essential :)

.IN has been made available to public starting 16th Feb 2005 only , almost 11 years back.. so most of the early websites launched are using .COM and I have grown myself seeing .COM usage . However since 16th Feb 2005 onwards .IN registration process has been liberalized .. it took 4 to 5 years to spread the awareness of .IN across country.. today's most start ups they are using .IN or at least securing .IN .

There are also many reputable businesses like licindia.in, amazon.in , ebay.in, dell.in, vodafone.in , airtel.in , kxip.in, dlf.in , kkr.in , bgr.in , ccl.in , bsb.in , andhrabank.in , sbi.in, hpe.in, kvb.co.in,.. the list goes on...

specially global brands has realized the need to use .IN or secure .IN at least for future usage.. there is no further discussion required on its status. India's main extension is .IN , anybody cant understand this simple fundamental principle , i can suggest them to open google India website and search for the local results for any service or product.. you can realize in 2 minutes time. .IN presence has increased a lot and very soon fully dominate compare to any other extension and will fully establish as a undisputable leading extension even not only in theory ( fundamentals) but also from usage point of view.

Last edited:
•••
You can argue all you want but when countries with population 20-200 times less than India have more cctlds registered than India, that is more than telling...

•••
You can argue all you want but when countries with population 20-200 times less than India have more cctlds registered than India, that is more than telling...
Can you please quote the CCTLDs you are referring?

•••
•••
thank you.. well that report is only showing the top 10 cctlds , however not telling how many total names are registered in India and out of that how many are .com and how many are .IN ... whats their trend.. if we see that report we can say .COM is default extension in India.. if you can find one please share it to me..

the top 10 CCTLDs you have shown most of them are liberalized and made it available for general public before 2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.in
Before the introduction of liberalised registration policies for the .in domain, only 7000 names had been registered between 1992 and 2004.

•••
Yeah, that is it. They are ahead only because .in had 11 years...

There is a stat showing that out of top 10 mill Alexa ranked domains, 1.2% is .in, while .de is 3 times more. Now Germany's population is 1/20 of India's.

And that is with the fact that Alexa is much more popular with Indians than with the rest of the world population. I have about 1-2% of traffic from India and around 25% from US, but Alexa still thinks India is the top country for visitors because of that...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back