Dynadot

discuss My most thrilling offer in 10yrs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
so after spending more on renewals than sales last few yrs.. I cut down some 70percent of my folio.. say 1k names to 300 names... since I hate afternic ui and how my names always go in review for no reason.. not to mention half I cant even add cause someone else already owns them..well with my 300spartans left i just decided to put it all on dan.. on dan I still get part of that distribution network effect there.... anyway not hoping for much in sales... I just put all 300 bins same at 99k per name.. lo behold one day out of blue I get dan broker email with lowish 5fig offer. my first ever dan broker offer. well with hard sales for me and renewals costly I did say yes... no counter...
for some reason and I assume he knows best who buyer is etc... he took my acceptance as floor price and said he will do his best... well... I didnt object. 1week into it now or so.. no news...so I ask him based on buyer history what odds of completion on this.. he said buyer got plenty history buying and paying... and that floor price is 100percent guaranteed.. and to wait for more news... transfer etc...okay then.. good news.. I had plenty non paying buyers like most here.. but they never really involved brokers

name is handreg with decent age off expireddomains..
which is basically all I ever owned and own in my 10yrs...

hope to get the sale... fingers crossed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Best of luck, sounds like you just have to wait it out and have sale in the bag.

•••

Don't get this. Hand reg with decent age? If it's handreg there is no age.

Or you regged it ten years ago?

Last edited:
•••
Best of luck, sounds like you just have to wait it out and have sale in the bag.

tnx bud... yea it sounds that way doesnt it.. but for now I'm just enjoying thrill of the wait and remain realist about it cause I know well many sales fail. it's always nice feeling to get bigger sale when times are tough. I think for most domainers sales are way down ... all the stuff on YouTube about USA folk and many other countries people living in cars etc... it's crazy...

•••
Hope it works out, good luck, sounds promising.

•••
Don't get this. Hand reg with decent age? If it's handreg there is no age.

Or you regged it ten years ago?

well u know... a handreg to me is same as reg.. so if you reg or handreg it 5yrs ago its today a 5yr old reg or handreg... what else can u call it.. it's not an np buy or aftermarket buy... do I make sense?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Btw do you have ssl/https issues with Dan landers? For many others parking domains just not loading with dns errors

•••
hope to get the sale... fingers crossed

Cool story. Trimming names. Setting $99k bins for the remaining Spartans. Receiving an offer. Hoping for the best!!! 🤞

Last edited:
•••
Btw do you have ssl/https issues with Dan landers? For many others parking domains just not loading with dns errors

hahah I use bodis landers. as mentioned this offer was thru dan broker email...not dan lander

•••
The issue with TLS is known, but DNS errors are new to me.

Which DNS errors are you experiencing exactly?

•••
$99K per domain that was hand regged. You baller you

•••
The issue with TLS is known, but DNS errors are new to me.

Which DNS errors are you experiencing exactly?
As long as I remember with that certificate issue browser shows dns errror like 'dns_probe_nxdomain" or something

•••
As long as I remember with that certificate issue browser shows dns errror like 'dns_probe_nxdomain" or something
If you experience it again, please let us know what error it is.

•••
$99K per domain that was hand regged. You baller you

hahah yes but.. well if u go back far enuff everything was once a handreg... or a reg... right? plus those were the good old days when u could handreg good things... today to get nice .co u need to bid or pay thousands... 8yrs ago it was at regfee on expireddomains... same for other extensions... and if u go back far enuff well u paid a fee to just register hotels.com too. :)

•••
Not surprised it's your most thrilling offer in 10 years if your habit is listing at 99k per domain. Sounds like somebody is truly interested in your domain if they have gone to the trouble of engaging a Dan broker. mind you if they are a regular buyer, Dan might not be charging for just a offer price submission.

Would imagine this interested party is also reviewing your immediate acceptance of his/her 10 to 20 % initial offer. I'd be thinking "I'd probably get it for a lot less". Wait a few months and maybe come back later.

I can never understand why sellers list at extremely high prices, when they really don't expect to sell at that price. Keep it real and real buyers will emerge.

Anyway good luck with it. Had another Sedo congratulations email myself this morning at $4,600. Lets see if this one gets paid.

Last edited:
•••
Not surprised it's your most thrilling offer in 10 years if your habit is listing at 99k per domain. Sounds like somebody is truly interested in your domain if they have gone to the trouble of engaging a Dan broker. mind you if they are a regular buyer, Dan might not be charging for just a offer price submission.

Would imagine this interested party is also reviewing your immediate acceptance of his/her 10 to 20 % initial offer. I'd be thinking "I'd probably get it for a lot less". Wait a few months and maybe come back later.

I can never understand why sellers list at extremely high prices, when they really don't expect to sell at that price. Keep it real and real buyers will emerge.

Anyway good luck with it. Had another Sedo congratulations email myself this morning at $4,600. Lets see if this one gets paid.

tnx.. and gl on sedo... well I never did say I've always been listing my names at 99k bin... as matter of fact when I had larger folios I never used bins and all was make offer ;)

that being said if this finalizes... can u imagine the potential loss and disastrous consequences of me not listing this at 99k... and listing at 5k or so instead and missing out on a big 5fig sale.

•••
alcy, I know you know this business as much as the best of us. I went through the same clear out as you 10 years ago, down from 2,000 to 300 domains. really painful but it had to be done. I was just standing still with renewal costs matching earnings. back in the ol'PPc days it all made good sense.

I was just surprised to read someone like you going with a sweeping high general price. let us know if this one progresses. My thinking is blanket high pricing just gives a wrong impression to the buyers when you drop 80% or thereabouts on first contact. Plus those that walk away on first sight of that asking price

Last edited:
•••
Good luck on the deal.

Meantime, change the Nameservers to Dan.com so you don't get hit with a 25% if the deal pulls through.

•••
Interesting pricing approach, truly lotto mentality here but if you hit good for you, best of luck on completion. I like the strategy with the making an offer option buyer may feel they landed a bargain.

•••
•••
or could be a midnight toker

•••
so after spending more on renewals than sales last few yrs.. I cut down some 70percent of my folio.. say 1k names to 300 names... since I hate afternic ui and how my names always go in review for no reason.. not to mention half I cant even add cause someone else already owns them..well with my 300spartans left i just decided to put it all on dan.. on dan I still get part of that distribution network effect there.... anyway not hoping for much in sales... I just put all 300 bins same at 99k per name.. lo behold one day out of blue I get dan broker email with lowish 5fig offer. my first ever dan broker offer. well with hard sales for me and renewals costly I did say yes... no counter...
for some reason and I assume he knows best who buyer is etc... he took my acceptance as floor price and said he will do his best... well... I didnt object. 1week into it now or so.. no news...so I ask him based on buyer history what odds of completion on this.. he said buyer got plenty history buying and paying... and that floor price is 100percent guaranteed.. and to wait for more news... transfer etc...okay then.. good news.. I had plenty non paying buyers like most here.. but they never really involved brokers

which is basically all I ever owned and own in my 10yrs...

hope to get the sale... fingers crossed.
Congrats in advance Friend,

It's been awhile, never know you where battling with domain sales are this years. I believe the market place was this major challenge and also you not putting a bin price on your domains.

Keep us updated

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back