IT.COM

discuss Shocking stats of 4N.in --> Chinese Interest in Indian extension is huge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
we all knew chinese are interested in many extensions , many unaware that they are gaining controls on Indian extension .IN too. some interesting stats on 4N.in has proved the same point. Based on the who is its provens almost 75% of the 4N.in are owned by chinese , Indians are sad to miss this important opportunity...
China - 74.76%
Iran - 11.25%
US - 3.81%
India - 3.67%
Canada - 3.15%
UK - 1.22%
Others - remaining - 2.14%

At very high level i felt the similar invasion is going on 3N.in , 5N.in too.. will share the stats later as still working on it.. also they are showing huge interest on 3L.in names too. also recently most of CVCV.in names are registered by chinese .

is .IN is the next target for big chinese investors.. Its very alarming for those missing .IN boat.

worth a great discussion on this topic..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting stats! Maybe this can bring awarness in India.
I suppose a floor price for NNNN.in is already established?

•••
This is hardly surprising to me. The .in extension is perhaps the most under rated currently in the market place and has great potential for growth as it is widely used (second to dot com) in India. The Indian economy is enjoying a huge stimulus boost owing to the low oil price (India imports 80% of its oil) and is experiencing a rapid pace of growth. Expectations are that it will be the fastest growing economy in the world in 2016 and perhaps in 2017. At the same time, there has been a massive influx of venture capital fueling a start up boom.

The Chinese are very astute investors and are front running this (as always) with a foray into .in domains amongst other things, whilst everyone else is looking the other way...

•••
This is hardly surprising to me. The .in extension is perhaps the most under rated currently in the market place and has great potential for growth as it is widely used (second to dot com) in India. The Indian economy is enjoying a huge stimulus boost owing to the low oil price (India imports 80% of its oil) and is experiencing a rapid pace of growth. Expectations are that it will be the fastest growing economy in the world in 2016 and perhaps in 2017. At the same time, there has been a massive influx of venture capital fueling a start up boom.

The Chinese are very astute investors and are front running this (as always) with a foray into .in domains amongst other things, whilst everyone else is looking the other way...
You are spot ON.. they are thinking 100 times ahead of many senior domainers on this forum.. many experienced domainers here are running behind chinese craze, while chinese are smartly investing into the next big thing of domain extensions... i am not sure where this will end up, .IN prices will shoot up for sure..

•••
Just look at .de, .nl, .cn... these are very strong extensions. Thinking that .in will do differently is just a big mistake :)

•••
•••
•••
Any 4N.in available?
LOL.. gone few months before my friend.. and fighting massively to get the drops .. even many 5N.in are gone too.. next buyout is very likely 5N.in.. register few if you can afford

•••
I guess Indian people don't care about 0,4 like Chinese?

•••
Just look at .de, .nl, .cn... these are very strong extensions. Thinking that .in will do differently is just a big mistake :)

well said..

•••
I guess Indian people don't care about 0,4 like Chinese?
zero is most auspicious and 4 has no sentiment in India.. my luckey number is 4 ..

•••
zero is most auspicious and 4 has no sentiment in India.. my luckey number is 4 ..
please do not forget "0" is invented by Indian .. Round numbers are more preferred

•••
I have a few 5N and 4L and expect to do well with them. Agreed India has a massive, growing economy and internet use is set to increase sharply there.

•••
I only have 1 of 4N.in (9487.in) .. I missed the 3N and 4N boat lol

•••
•••
Hold it my friend .. its still early stages...

Yah I hold most of my ultra-premium LLL for nearly 10 years .. waiting for the pay day .. sad thing I dont have NNN to hold so will see how the numeric do.

•••
Yah I hold most of my ultra-premium LLL for nearly 10 years .. waiting for the pay day .. sad thing I dont have NNN to hold so will see how the numeric do.
friend i am not sure about your affordability , some guys still selling below 1 K per NNN.in names .. that is still a huge bargain and you can buy few names before its breaching 5K in 2 years time.. still huge ROI you can claim. if you cant afford that much then its fine, just sharing as you are feeling sorry for missing the NNN.in boat

•••
You are spot ON.. they are thinking 100 times ahead of many senior domainers on this forum.. many experienced domainers here are running behind chinese craze, while chinese are smartly investing into the next big thing of domain extensions... i am not sure where this will end up, .IN prices will shoot up for sure..

I agree, but I think it is more about the different goals of the two groups. IMO, the Chinese investor is grabbing an investment in much the same way as the stock market. They view them as very liquid and to be traded at will. The end user is seldom seen, in this market as a factor,.Whereas many US domainers, especially the older ones, are focused on flipping to an end user. It's how the industry started. You can make money both ways, but it does skew the numbers.

•••
wow good news I own 8859 and 9363 (.in)

•••
I agree, but I think it is more about the different goals of the two groups. IMO, the Chinese investor is grabbing an investment in much the same way as the stock market. They view them as very liquid and to be traded at will. The end user is seldom seen, in this market as a factor,.Whereas many US domainers, especially the older ones, are focused on flipping to an end user. It's how the industry started. You can make money both ways, but it does skew the numbers.

Very well said. Great way of seeing the industry closely. I can feel and believe, in case of .IN end users are ready and waiting at the corner almost , its good for trading and as well as end users point of view.. but still many senior domainers are not able to notice these rapid changes happening across .IN .. Reseller prices and as well as end user prices are increased a lot in last one year.. which makes .INvestment an attractive opportunity as the next few years the growth opportunities are massive

•••
•••
•••
@domainpundit, that's good ;) . Are those hand reg in past?

•••
that's good ;) . Are those hand reg in past?
I have started late around 2008 and all are registered by that time.. even after that some names are dropped but no drop catching skills..so i end up buying from forum members here and as well as INFORUM, still very good purchases in longrun and as well as shortrun , they have been multiplied by few times already

•••
So do you have any link or evidence to support this?

Even with Digital India just begun, I can't see Internet speeds catching up with China, let alone the West for years. That leaves the industry in question in my eyes for some time.

But we are in domain 'investing'.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back