Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Edit:

Issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey, Thanks for the warning. I'll keep my eyes open. Keep us updated if anything else happen about this guy.

•••
•••
BTW why did the admins take down his warning thread.. at DP someone left this link of him:

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/350514-scammer-alert-username-anthony-b.html

I think the mods should allow the public to view it..

dhscott said:
I believe he's already left these parts: http://www.namepros.com/member.php?userid=36246
He's made more accounts, I checked WHT and they say he always makes new accounts and repeats the scams...

Now even more updates. I made a thread at DP and within 1 min, already found he scammed someone at Sitepoint Forums..

So I've made a thread there too now. I've tried contacting him (Boguns) on aim, but he isn't responding back...

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=409562

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492831

Also, I wouldn't advise anyone to post at SitePoint. It seems they don't care for their members. I created the same thread and got a PM from their admin.

Hi there,
Sorry to have to play forum police, because I can understand your frustration and anger at being scammed, but at SP we don't allow "name and shame' threads.

Feel free to repost, describing the scam so that others aren't sucked in, but please leave out links, emails and names.

Cheers,
HAWK.

So if your at SP, have fun getting scammed by Anthony... he could be under any username..

Last edited:
•••
I got a PM from him, but he still hasn't paid me back yet...

Ok, well im not sure If we will catch eachother on aim so i'll write you a message here. I was doing design work for a while and built up some alright money, I bought a few sites and sold one for $750. The person then scammed me doing a credit card charge back and I was left with nothing , I then opened up new paypal accounts because I couldnt pay off the current negative balance, I accepted work, sold sites etc. but then right after paypal would but limitations on my accounts. I would try to send refunds but since my account was limited it wouldn't let me. Most people have been able to talk to paypal about it and reverse the transactoin like you did. The domains I sold, even though my accounts where locked and I was left with no money, i still gave. So basically right now, I have -$750 in paypal still. My intentions are not to scam people and I hope everybody gets the payment reversed. I am very happy you did. I am just a kid that made bad decisions, I thought the internet would make me and my family rich, which really, its just like anything else, you have to learn, and spend money to make money etc. just like any business, and I am way to young for that. People threaten to sue me or come to my house but thats really a waste of time and money, get you thrown in jail to, I just want to work with these people and tell them I did not mean to do this. but I have made bad decisions and thats how you learn in life. Im just a kid, I dont need this stuff, I went out today and got about 20 job applications in fast food stores etc. Im going to get a part-time job and just enjoy life and the rest of the summer. I wont be going into the internet business again, or atleast for the next couple of years, I wont be coming back to the forums either. Just tell me when you want me to leave for good.

sounds like a sob story to me..

and he acts like he can scam people and change his life.. ignoring the fact he owes people money still.

BTW I don't think people should be posting at Sitepoint. I made a post here about how they don't protect their members from scammers and I found this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Actively flaming SitePoint at other forums.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

oh well.. guess more members will be getting scammed at SP these days...

•••
Don't let his "I'm just a poor kid trying to make a buck" sob story fool you! I reckon he has scammed $1000's. This guy tried to scam me out of $850 but I got wise to him before the transaction took place. From the Npr's I have been in touch with who have been scammed by this guy it is obvious he has been at this for a while and there are going to be lot's more out there who's money he has "Stolen". If you need some personal details about this guy pm me.

•••
whats the scam...selling sites and not transfering?

•••
Just an FYI about this user as well,

Glad I thought twice about helping out "a fellow Canadian"
This is what he sent to me on July 13th!

Hey, My names Anthony, Im from Toronto Ontario. I recently got offered a programming job and worked on it for couple weeks and the person backed out. So I was down couple hundred and couldnt pay bills for a month or so and now its effecting my credit. I have $500 in paypal now from doing work and I need it transfered into my bank account by tonight. I can send you $500 via paypal if you can send it back via this method: http://certapay.com - Hopefully a fellow Canadian can help me out I was searching all day. Do you have aim or msn?

There was a few PM's after this one, trying to convince me, but it
didn't seem quite right... to persistent!
I never lost anything and I hope nobody got caught up in it!

Last edited:
•••
Selling and not transferring after payment. Buying and using a paypal account that is not his, payment then get's reversed.
There is also this paypal/bank money transaction scam whereby payment get's reversed.These are his own words!

ok this is how it is suppoes to work. I will send you the money via paypal. I dont think they offer disputes for web services so that is your security. Plus, I may need your help in the future and not here to do anything bad at all. Then, You will log into your bank and depending on your bank follow these instructions: http://www.certapay.com/en/personalPayments/send.html

So this means I can get my money instantly back instead of wating days for paypal because of my situation

He offers you an incentive of 5-10% too keep for yourself! If you fall for this you will lose bigtime.

•••
This was the same guy in chat looking for a candian?

•••
•••
Ken_ said:
This was the same guy in chat looking for a candian?

I think it was :td:

•••
mis_chiff said:

Never ever do this for someone regardless of how genuine it may sound. It is a sure fire way to lose money. A bank transfer is non returnable once initiated but companies like paypal will return the money extremely fast.

•••
mis_chiff said:

He kept spamming me with that in chat. I told him no 100 times but he kept pming. 1st he said $20 then $20 became $50 and after that he started asking people to find a canadian for $50.

Obvious Scam...

•••
Rom said:
He kept spamming me with that in chat. I told him no 100 times but he kept pming. 1st he said $20 then $20 became $50 and after that he started asking people to find a canadian for $50.

Obvious Scam...

I wonder how many other "Canadians" got a PM?

•••
•••
FreeDirectoryLi Account Closed [email protected] 07-28-2006 07-16-2007 357
abogoon Account Closed [email protected] 03-13-2007 03-15-2007 5
abBoyb Account Closed [email protected] 07-14-2007 07-18-2007 4

He's also been going around trying to buy .com's and .sc's

His first account above was renamed Anthony.B

The first warning thread here was removed because we were trying to see if he intended to pay a member here back, And we also don't allow "Warnings" here on fellow members WITHOUT requesting it through Staff/Mods/Admins first here at NP .... At this point in time , It's pretty obvious he has no intentions of paying anyone back.

•••
why cant you issue a chargeback?

•••
ehoez.com said:
why cant you issue a chargeback?
how can I issue a chargeback? he sent me the money... and my guess is under a fake PP account, or it was scammed money he paid me with, which is why PP put my account under review. In the end, once they reviewed it after many tickets, they reversed the funds and sent them back to the Anthony's fake PP account. However, in his emails he tells me all his fake accounts are locked.

•••
EDIT: issue resolved

Last edited:
•••
These scamming assholes need to be beaten up with a rusty iron bat.

•••
Thank you for the warning. Hope all works out for you

•••
Great thread. Thanks for the knowledge.

•••
Well the latest reply I got from him via email today is:

Hey, Im just getting a job now. Handed in applications. anyways, Ill probably start work sometime next week. You will get your money 2 weeks after I get the job.

•••
Freshfroot said:
Well the latest reply I got from him via email today is:

This turd is getting his rocks off sending u his bs..........dont bother reading anymore of his emails

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back