IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

It's the first time in my domain career that I've been scammed with no recovery in sight and I wanted to make everyone aware of this person and the trick used to scam people.

So there was the guy (Usman Jamal) who I've previously done small deals with like he was sending me funds to a service which is not available in Pakistan (company name removed for sensitive reason) and I was helping him to receive funds into his local bank account in Pakistan.

After gaining my trust with some small deals of low-mid 3 figure amounts, this time he asked if I can be of help again to receive his funds and to send him via crypto. He was actually selling a few domains to some individual and he asked me to receive money on his behalf from a 3rd party who was an individual and not any well-known company. I agreed to receive his funds and to give him money via crypto. This was a little suspicious to me but since I had done business with him in the past so I went ahead and helped him out.

After receiving funds in my (company name removed for sensitive reason) account, I paid him in crypto (equivalent to a little less than $500). In the next couple of hours, the guy who sent me funds initiated the dispute of not delivering the domains along with entire email communication as proof to (company name removed for sensitive reason) which doesn't seem associated with the person Usman Jamal

After going back and forth with the scammer Usman Jamal, he promised to return my money which he didn't and even blocked me on WhatsApp through which I was communicating. I tried to contact the individual who did the chargeback, but I got no response and eventually I had to accept that dispute in that person's favor because I was trapped by this scammer.

Lesson learned is that I'll never trust anyone for sending funds via crypto and not to accept any money coming in from any individual.

Below are the scammer details just in case he contacts you:

The names/alias he is using are Usman Jamal and Ahmad Jamal.

His bank account details are:
Account holder: Usman Jamal
Account number: 3047307900023049
Bank name: Faysal Bank

Account holder: Ahmad Jamal
Account number: 0504-0102705045
Bank name: Meezan Bank

His contact numbers are:
Phone numbers: +92-3414983122 and +92-3070663907

And physical address:
house#3585 railway road chowk shaheedan
Multan, Punjab, Pakistan

Email address: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]

NamePros profile ID: https://www.namepros.com/members/mani0307.1004708

My suggestion for everyone is to avoid dealing with this scammer at any cost and not to make payments to anyone in crypto unless you trust that person completely. I did all this to help that guy but I got this in return. Anyhow, it doesn't mean I will change my nature of helping people but I'll be extra cautious in dealing. I also wanted to make everyone aware so no one else falls into such a trap.

Avoid buying any of his domains and you can easily know what domains are still owned by this person by doing a simple reverse WHOIS - https://www.whoxy.com/email/99692043 and https://www.whoxy.com/email/104784456

Thank you for reading and spreading this with everyone in your circle for everyone to know about this scammer and aware others.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry my friend you had to suffer financial loss by someone taking advantage of your goodwill. Remember Karma will never looses an address. I am sure it will be soon compensated in the form of some exceptional sales.

•••
Very unfortunate situation @AbdulBasit.com

Most of the crypto transactions are on the ledger and viewable, eg: Etherscan

However once sent to the other address and successful / acknowledged, it's done and cannot be reversed.

Its fast and cheap however please make sure to do all due diligence before initiating one.

•••
•••
Whatsapp is likewise not a tool for business conversation. Email is much better.

•••
Receiving money on behalf of another person is ALWAYS a bad idea.
Early 2000's I don't remember exactly when. Scammers outside the continental U.S were randomly mailing real Western Union checks asking you to deposit the check in your account. They purchased the checks for whatever the minimum amount allowed, erased the ink, then typed in the new amount. They wanted a fractional amount of the check. No legitimate reason for them to contact you. This scam was based on greed.

Don't do it.

•••
Ironically I recently was looking at the potential valuation of the word puppy.

Usman Jamal may have a potential winner with okpuppy.com (very catchy) and puppycove.com (very trendy).

I'm in the epicenter of dog walkers, groomers, shelters, Petco's, dog/cat cafe's, breeders, AKC clubs, pet adoption, ect.

•••
Thanks for sharing to help others @AbdulBasit.com, and so sorry this happened to one of the best people in the domain 'industry'.

•••
Sorry for your loss!!
Another thought is as you have paid with crypto, better to report to cyber security authority in your country. they can track where that fund transferred further or eventually cashed out. I know amount is very small that you don't but reporting won't hurt. Hope scammer gets caught before next scam

•••
Sorry for your loss!!
Another thought is as you have paid with crypto, better to report to cyber security authority in your country. they can track where that fund transferred further or eventually cashed out. I know amount is very small that you don't but reporting won't hurt. Hope scammer gets caught before next scam
Crypto is not allowed in my account.

•••
I'm so sorry for this.

It sounds like he long conned many peopple simultaneously

So he made the same deal with like 20 or 5 people... and so if it was $500 for you, it was $500 for them.... possibly only $2k.

Kinda pathetic.

•••
crypto is the most secure way to pay and to get paid.
Here in your story you could receive the domain and then sell it to the buyer. If you did so, the person couldn't make something bad to you. But the buyer could still open dispute, even if you delivered the domain to him/her.

As you see the problem is reversible payment methods, not irreversible ones. Reversible payment methods have to protect buyers as buyer has a power not to pay such as credit card chargebacks. If you sell something which is virtually delievered, don't accept reversible payments. Because you can't prove that you have delievered the goods/services. If buyer claims he/she didn't receive domain from you, you can do nothing but refunding in full.

Don't sell domain for reversible money.

•••
crypto is the most secure way to pay and to get paid.
Here in your story you could receive the domain and then sell it to the buyer. If you did so, the person couldn't make something bad to you. But the buyer could still open dispute, even if you delivered the domain to him/her.

As you see the problem is reversible payment methods, not irreversible ones. Reversible payment methods have to protect buyers as buyer has a power not to pay such as credit card chargebacks. If you sell something which is virtually delievered, don't accept reversible payments. Because you can't prove that you have delievered the goods/services. If buyer claims he/she didn't receive domain from you, you can do nothing but refunding in full.

Don't sell domain for reversible money.
I understand crypto is safe and secure but in my case, the situation was different. 3 parties were involved and the scammer used my services and took the money from me via crypto and didn't even deliver the domain due to which the person opened the dispute.

•••
I understand crypto is safe and secure but in my case, the situation was different. 3 parties were involved and the scammer used my services and took the money from me via crypto and didn't even deliver the domain due to which the person opened the dispute.

Not different. You could receive the domain from the person you paid and then you could deliver the domain to the person you got paid.
Here the buyer claims he didn't receive the domain. He may be right or he may make false claim. It doesn't change the fact, you have to refund.
You could still be scammed for accepting reversible money. Only the scammer would change.

•••
Not different. You could receive the domain from the person you paid and then you could deliver the domain to the person you got paid.
Here the buyer claims he didn't receive the domain. He may be right or he may make false claim. It doesn't change the fact, you have to refund.
You could still be scammed for accepting reversible money. Only the scammer would change.
Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I'll keep that in mind for the future just in case. Thank you!

•••
Why didn't you guys just use Sedo/Dan/Afternic or escrow.com?

•••
Why didn't you guys just use Sedo/Dan/Afternic or escrow.com?
Mainly because I dealt with him in the past without using any escrow service so the trust was built but this time he cheated.

•••
Mainly because I dealt with him in the past without using any escrow service so the trust was built but this time he cheated.
That's understandable. We all drop our guards at times. Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you make a sale soon to cover that loss. Hang in there and thanks for sharing!

•••
That's understandable. We all drop our guards at times. Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you make a sale soon to cover that loss. Hang in there and thanks for sharing!
Thanks to you and everyone for the support and suggestions. I'll be more careful next time.

•••
Sorry to hear your loss! and thanks for alerting others. It takes courage to be kind, but.. be cautious next time.

•••
People tend to exploit the good nature of others. You helped him so many times and yet he went ahead to backstab/scam you.

iirc I have sold him very low auction domains here I think

Thanks for the headsup

•••
Whatsapp is likewise not a tool for business conversation. Email is much better.

Scammers can also use email very well.

•••
This is one of the most used tactics in the scam book.

It's unfortunate that you had an unpleasant experience.

•••
I got scammed by this f*cking person

[email protected]

His old telegram ID : @TonyHng

He changed that to this recently : @UnknownDomainer

He has been changing his face and photos always to scam others. Be careful !!

Last edited:
•••

[email protected]

You should open a new thread and tell what happened in details.

It's easy but also dangerous to accuse someone without any proof or context.

Last edited:
•••

It's totally wrong, i admit that i have contacted you and try to cheat but that day was the day of my life changing.
Why you not share my last message on here that i said to you "Brother i'm for now leaving wrong path of making money" if you have proof just share here.

Yes i admit i cheated few domainers but the total value was under $3000.

I was a good and honest domainer in past and sold many domains to other domainer and never did a single cheat.
But in August, 2023 i have lost my all money in crypto future trading and few in crypto scam giveaways.
After this i was in shocked and i was need to pay bank debt and few my investor payments.
After this i was 0 balance and i need to pay for my home expenses like foods home rents kids school fees.

Today still i'm struggling but i decided to leaved wrong path and finding well job as well new legit way of earning. and i hope i'll get one soon.
I promise when i have enough money i'll return to them, some of the fellow domainers: i remember Gaurav $450 Abdulbasit $320USDT, Krell $300.

Because last from one month i can't take sleep well due to this burden, because i'm not a professional scammer. Today i am saying everything with my heart.

AbdulBasit i just promised you i'll return you as well to others, mark my words and take this screen shot.

I have no 4 letter domain, i have only 20 domains left in my account and i can't sell to other domainers due to bad reputation. If anyone contact you and claim he/she has 4 letter then always use escrow service and never pay in crypto is a easiest way to scam.

And i request you Abdulbasit if possible please remove the the name of the person as well details of account because this can damage internally.

Problems are life parts and anyone can face this problem in his life but never choose wrong path, today i'm very disappointed.

Thank you and apologize to my nice domainer community.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back