NameSilo

sales Open.network Sold For $100,000 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great sale, highest .network reported, and still probably undersold. But I almost definitely would have taken this offer.

Open is taken in a billion extensions with very few available for sale.

OpenNetwork is taken in 48 with only 2nd/3rd tier available to buy. Interesting the .xyz is on Dan for $350 but who knows if that is legit.

If you want to call yourself Open Network (or some sort of network called Open) then this is the best name available 👌

Last edited:
•••
Great sale, highest .network reported, and still probably undersold. But I almost definitely would have taken this offer.

Open is taken in a billion extensions with very few available for sale.

OpenNetwork is taken in 48 with only 2nd/3rd tier available to buy. Interesting the .xyz is on Dan for $350 but who knows if that is legit.

If you want to call yourself Open Network (or some sort of network called Open) then this is the best name available 👌

congratulations on being sane. only insane people would not take this offer.

•••
Great sale, highest .network reported, and still probably undersold.
Are you crazy? If it was the .net you could argue that it undersold. But a .network (let alone a registry premium) should never break into six figures.

The buyer got robbed.

Last edited:
•••
Are you crazy? If it was the .net you could argue that it undersold. But a .network (let alone a registry premium) should never break into six figures.

The buyer got robbed.

I know of at least a half a dozen similar range unreported sales for similar types of one word names in these kind of alt extensions… if you’re not valuing the best of these names up here you’re not in tune with the market and leaving money on the table.

•••
I know of at least a half a dozen similar range unreported sales for similar types of one word names in these kind of alt extensions…
I don't trust unverified sales. Too many people fiddle with the numbers.

if you’re not valuing the best of these names up here you’re not in tune with the market and leaving money on the table.
Every single domain in my portfolio is a .com.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that whoever bought this domain severely overpayed.

1717485603526.png

I mean it's more than five times than the second highest .network sale. And you can find comparable SLD:s for three figures.

Last edited:
•••
I know of at least a half a dozen similar range unreported sales for similar types of one word names in these kind of alt extensions… if you’re not valuing the best of these names up here you’re not in tune with the market and leaving money on the table.

let me guess u know them but wont list them...

•••
I don't trust unverified sales. Too many people fiddle with the numbers.

Every single domain in my portfolio is a .com.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that whoever bought this domain severely overpayed.

Show attachment 257659

I mean it's more than five times than the second highest .network sale. And you can find comparable SLD:s for three figures.

yep... a killer deal but for seller only. for the buyer well its just a wallet kill.

•••
You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk?

•••
•••
•••
You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk?

I have the top 5% of my portfolio priced like this and while I haven't cracked a 6-figure sale yet I've had some mid-5 figure sales of names most people here would have priced around $5k.

•••

The beauty of domains is when a buyer has a specific name in mind there are no comparable SLDs.

As domain investors we're constantly comparing hundreds of names on a daily basis and doing this over a long period of time so have a finely tuned sense of what fits where and how different names "should" be priced.

But the majority of end users only have one (or a handful) of names they're considering and often have a fairly compressed timeline to make a decision. Obviously many with be priced out of the market when you price like this, but every now and then someone comes along who really wants the name and has the budget for it.

•••
Hi,

I think that the exact matching name for the entity or the concept is "Open Network", not "Open" or "Open net". OpenNetwork.com is for sale, and maybe the buyer of Open.Network either did not reach an agreement for .com, or preferred the hack with the .network extension. Personally, I like this choice better, because of conciseness.

As for the price, I think Decentralized is performing well with huge growth perspectives, hence the budget.

I found this organization, which makes me wonder:

https://ton.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_Network

Would perhaps the buyer of Open.Network have this in mind for their purchase?

Last edited:
•••
Great sale
It’s interesting to point out that
OpenNetwork.io recently sold
OpenNetwork.xyz points at sav , I can bet that it is or will be sold very soon
It’s probably the same buyer throwing some money
For sure , it’s a big fish

•••
The beauty of domains is when a buyer has a specific name in mind there are no comparable SLDs.
There's a better one that's for sale, opennetwork.com.

Why is it better? Because if you tell people to visit "open dot network," the majority won't know what you're talking about. Is it a social media handle? What's the deal? So you have to clarify this. Every. Single. Time. Even then you're going to bleed traffic to open.net, opennetwork.com, and open.network.com.

As domain investors we're constantly comparing hundreds of names on a daily basis and doing this over a long period of time so have a finely tuned sense of what fits where and how different names "should" be priced.
Most of us go beyond that. Because if we're interacting with clients we need to motivate our prices. While citing related sales may be helpful it's usually not enough.

So we're asking ourselves the question: What value (in terms of opportunities, marketing, etc.) can this domain produce for our client?

And when we look at open.network, it doesn't produce any notable value. Because .network is not an established or widely recognized TLD. If they owned opennetwork.com then open.network could've served as a supplementary domain (for redirects, mirrors, etc.). But they don't.

But the majority of end users only have one (or a handful) of names they're considering and often have a fairly compressed timeline to make a decision. Obviously many with be priced out of the market when you price like this, but every now and then someone comes along who really wants the name and has the budget for it.
I agree. But that doesn't change that some decisions are counterproductive. And, as professionals, we should recognize those as such.

It's as if a real estate broker brokered an abandoned and dilapidated house out in nowhere for a million dollars. It's impressive, and a great deal for the seller. But the buyer got screwed over.

I wish I could push sales like this. But I'm not even sure where to begin. Because I never price my domains after the client, I price them after what I think they're worth. That way it's easier to walk away, and the client doesn't fall under the impression that I'm trying to milk them for all they're worth.

•••
To me most of the 100K sales are fake, because they show me again that someone is mocking me with 100K that I was asking to sell some secret knowledge, by this way they tell me see we fake such sales or buy such domains to remind you that you did not sell your secret for 100K but we sell such domains "hahaha".
I will tell them don't worry my time is yet to come, to reap the rewards!
IMO

•••
looks like .ai version just sold round 2k

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
The .ai closed today for $5,201

tnx... even better...
sorry I read too much and too many sales lol

didnt check how old the name but I'd assume a pricey .ai and 2words very few domainers bother with those. so maybe xYz next

p.s what did the io sell for? I just read today it sold

•••
tnx... even better...
sorry I read too much and too many sales lol

didnt check how old the name but I'd assume a pricey .ai and 2words very few domainers bother with those. so maybe xYz next

p.s what did the io sell for? I just read today it sold
If it sold it's not been reported, not on Namebio.

•••
•••
I'm sure I read somewhere on np the io was sold... hmmm
Said by me above

The lander is the one that comes out when an Afternic pointed domain is sold

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back