domains Shane Cultra hits a home run with YourLogoHere.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains.com
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Shane posted on X that he sold YourLogoHere.com for $45,888. The domain name sold at Atom.com. The domain name was acquired back in 2018 at GoDaddy auctions for $2,005. DotDB.com shows 23 extensions registered. Congrats to Shane
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Out of the park!

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's one of the few impressive three-word brands, because you often see [your logo here] in site designing projects. So it's a three-word phrase people are constantly encountering and reminded of, creating a lot of free advertisement.

•••
Impressive ROI for a three word domain; as @MKA said this is a money making motto for apparel printing web sites. I just repriced my "logo" domains!

•••
It's like buying loremipsum.com. Makes no sense, or a prank?

•••
•••
Congrats to the seller..

Make it 24 extensions..Just registered the .io version

•••
That comment tells me that you're not a successful domain investor.

•••
Lorem Ipsum would definitely work as a brand, simply because of the phrase's ubiquity. It's a kind of passive advertisement that the entire world engages in for free.

If you've never heard of the phrase before you're likely to come across it, and perhaps Google it to figure out what it means. And if you're aware of a company called Lorem Ipsum, you're going to get constantly reminded of them, especially if you work with design and formatting.

But just to be clear, it was snagged up pretty early.

1717236801021.png

1717238220969.png

Definitely a five figure domain.

Last edited:
•••
Lorem Ipsum would definitely work as a brand,

Such heavy research is not required.
It's only a placeholder, and will be treated as so IRL.
In business, nobody will take you seriously...,

•••
Such heavy research is not required.
It's only a placeholder, and will be treated as so IRL.
In business, nobody will take you seriously...,
I'm not sure what to tell you other than that you're wrong. You might as well peddle the phrase "What does apples have to do with computers?" It doesn't change the fact that Apple is an effective brand.

The point of branding a phrase like Lorem Ipsum would be to capitalize on its equity. Not to mention that it's already been done.

1717387823036.png

•••
Amazing sale. Congratulations!

The sad thing about these sales is that some guy out there that doesn't understand domaining and this sale will now spend thousands of dollars buying names like

YourDogHere
YourJunkHere
YourPhoneHere

As far as Lorem Ipsum and this domain goes, we must consider SEO. If you name your company Lorem Ipsum, and you need people to find you if they google you, you will be out of luck if all they do is type in those words. You will have to beat out those generators and the wiki page and many other sites that are pretty much impossible to beat. It is a good name if you do not care about people googling your name to find info about your company or if they will automatically include other words, like lorem ipsum construction ohio.

YourLogoHere is different. If you set up a site that lets businesses see their logo on shirts, cards, trucks, doors, and people link to it (because its a catchy name and easy to remember you are likely to get more links, like WhatIsMyIP) you have a good chance of ranking well in logo related keywords.

I think the buyer got himself a great name at a fair price and I hope his vision is a success.

•••
Sure, it's going to be hard to compete for the keyphrase Lorem Ipsum. But if you can overcome that hurdle you'll end up with a substantial market advantage, for the same reason. You can even add a free generator on your site just to keep the traffic.

Clients are more inclined to Google [lorem ipsum] than they're to Google [your logo here] after seeing it on their example site, and if they're redirected to a web design site they might decide to try out the service.

•••
Certainly a fantastic sale and return for Shane.

Nameservers still point to Atom, will be interesting to see who the buyer was.

When wondering how common a phrase is I often do a search with term in quotations, and then press Tools button. "Your Logo Here" shows 547,000. Quite a few, but not as many as I might have thought. Many common phrases have far more. This number often bounces around a lot, and depends on searcher location.

Of course a ton of graphics if do image search.

Anyway, super congratulations to Shane and to Atom.

Bob

PS Some time ago I did an article on sales of names involving multiple words for the NamePros Blog, in case want to compare: https://www.namepros.com/blog/when-one-or-two-words-is-not-enough-in-a-domain-name.1316014/

Last edited:
•••
When wondering how common a phrase is I often do a search with term in quotations, and then press Tools button.

Thanks! I thought the number was gone for good, heh...

•••
That's amazing

I picked up YourBannerHere()com last year

Can be used for billboard ads, website banners, etc

I felt like it might be a good domain despite being three words

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
When wondering how common a phrase is I often do a search with term in quotations, and then press Tools button. "Your Logo Here" shows 547,000. Quite a few, but not as many as I might have thought. Many common phrases have far more.

Quality over quantity, the direct commercial use for this name is apparent in basically 100% of those results.

Whereas most common phrases need a hop skip and a jump before they’re connected to a commercial use.

•••
Shane posted on X that he sold YourLogoHere.com for $45,888. The domain name sold at Atom.com. The domain name was acquired back in 2018 at GoDaddy auctions for $2,005. DotDB.com shows 23 extensions registered. Congrats to Shane
Continue Readi

Continue Reading
''Honey goes to money'' congrats shane

•••
I have businessgrowshere.com
opportunitygrowshere.com

How cool is that?

Last edited:
•••
I have businessgrowshere.com
opportunitygrowshere.com

How cool is that?

These are in a completely different ballpark.

•••
Well, but still are very pretty.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back